• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

British Gas giving me three completely different answers to my query this week.
I had the same person from Sky give me 3 different answers within about 10 minutes.

Last Friday I was working from home when I lost my internet connection so I rang Sky. The woman ran a test and told me that they were getting nothing from my router so it must have failed. I pointed out that the router was working about 10 minutes ago and it couldn't have just failed. She then said she would run another test, which she did. This time she told me there was a different problem (which I didn't understand) and that BT Openreach would send someone, but it wouldn't be until tomorrow.

Then my wife came home and told me that the whole area had lost its internet connection, so I told the woman at Sky, and she said that she knew and the BT were on the case.

I should have let it go, but I couldn't help myself, so I asked her how she knew BT were on the case when 2 minutes ago she was telling me it was specific to my house and that BT would send someone the next day! Her answer was that BT were on the case and would fix it tomorrow.

At that point I gave up!

(BT had it fixed in about half an hour, during which time I just tethered my phone so I could carry on working.)

I had the same person from Sky give me 3 different answers within about 10 minutes.

Last Friday I was working from home when I lost my internet connection so I rang Sky. The woman ran a test and told me that they were getting nothing from my router so it must have failed. I pointed out that the router was working about 10 minutes ago and it couldn't have just failed. She then said she would run another test, which she did. This time she told me there was a different problem (which I didn't understand) and that BT Openreach would send someone, but it wouldn't be until tomorrow.

Then my wife came home and told me that the whole area had lost its internet connection, so I told the woman at Sky, and she said that she knew and the BT were on the case.

I should have let it go, but I couldn't help myself, so I asked her how she knew BT were on the case when 2 minutes ago she was telling me it was specific to my house and that BT would send someone the next day! Her answer was that BT were on the case and would fix it tomorrow.

At that point I gave up!

(BT had it fixed in about half an hour, during which time I just tethered my phone so I could carry on posting on Shrimperzone.)

There, fixed that last sentence for you

At that point I gave up!

(BT had it fixed in about half an hour, during which time I just tethered my phone so I could carry on working.)
Similar kind of thing for me. I checked my British Gas app last week just randomly and I saw loads of adjustments had been made to my account. There were 6 credits added to my account on the same day at the end of November equating to over £1,200, plus the credit I'd already built up for the winter I was in credit for just under £1,700! No one gives me £1,200 for no reason so I called to check and was told they had been using estimated readings for 2 years and they finally got a reading and they'd been over charging me. Firstly, they hadn't, I give readings all the time and no one had read my meter because they don't have access to it. None the less they confirmed into writing a few days later that the credit was correct. It still didn't sit well with me and didn't add up so I called again to which I was told no the credit isn't confirmed yet and I need to give the meter readings from today and from the day I moved in (2 years ago). I think they were very surprised when I had both ready there and then! They said a correct bill based on the correct readings will be on my account within 48 hours. I then called back 48 hours later after no bill and I'm told that my smart meter is faulty and they need to come and check it. Firstly how they knew it was faulty I have no idea and secondly, I don't have a smart meter. Not trying to be rude but the guy couldn't speak English and neither did his manager so I just gave up. Going to have to call again when I think the Indian call centre will be shut and try and speak to someone in their Scottish office and just hope they can tell me what the hell's going on.

Eight months suspended sentence for doing a runner from a fatal crash that they admitted was their fault

Fatal,admitted ?

Yes Anne Sacoolas pleaded guilty to driving with undue care & attention, hence why she got a rather pathetic sentence - I'm sure it was all down a plea deal with the HO.

Still listening to BBC5 this morning, Harry Dunn's mother was happy that Sacoolas now has a criminal record and the family can move on. Who are we to argue with those most deeply affected?

Last edited:
Yes Anne Sacoolas pleaded guilty to driving without undue care & attention, hence why she got a rather pathetic sentence - I'm sure it was all down a plea deal with the HO.

Still listening to BBC5 this morning, Harry Dunn's mother was happy that Sacoolas now has a criminal record and the family can move on. Who are we to argue with those most deeply affected?
I think you mean "with".

They been on strike a day or 2 per week for the past month or so

They've been dreadful for years. Just another one on strike, I didn't know with everyone else on strike.Give the contract to Amazon.

I've been recieving letters that are a month or so late for the past couple of years, they're **** poor.

Picked up a Chinese takeaway tonight and was asked if I could pay cash.

Mushroom curry and beef with cashew nuts were very heavy on the onions and carrots and light on the main ingredients.

I fear the worst fir this establishment.

Back