• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This scumbag only getting 6 years for planning terrorist attacks. But you can get 10 years for streaming Premier League games. Went to my school as well...

This scumbag only getting 6 years for planning terrorist attacks. But you can get 10 years for streaming Premier League games. Went to my school as well...
Heard the judge summing up the sentence on BBC news at lunchtime.He sounded more like a wannabe terrorist rather than the real thing.

To be fair he got a life sentence - not 6 years.

Discretionary though. Means he can be released after 6, and he's already served one year, so he'll be out in 5. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he will.
You might be right - although he'll have to convince the parole board, he won't be automatically released. Plus the life sentence means he can be recalled to prison at any point thereafter if he's considered a danger, doesn't have to actually commit another crime. I don't think it's a particularly soft sentence.

Paying £6.20 for a pint of neck oil in the alex
Paid £4.60 per pint for Palmers IPA in Bridport, West Dorset. (Where it is brewed) good pint, good local brewery.
But several patrons in pub were buying, drinking fizzy pop carlsbxrg at nearly £6 pint. All under 30. Why? Seems as daft as going to Dublin and not having a Guinness or Southwold and not having an Adnams .

Alexandra Palace? Definitely a pricey one, it was for the PDC Worlds back in December.
Have been in Surrey for the last week. Think the lowest I’ve paid for a pint of anything is £5.80. As far as Essex and Leigh on Sea is concerned, the only way you’re paying under a fiver for popular beers/lagers is in the Broadway or the Elms. Otherwise it’s £5 plus.

Have been in Surrey for the last week. Think the lowest I’ve paid for a pint of anything is £5.80. As far as Essex and Leigh on Sea is concerned, the only way you’re paying under a fiver for popular beers/lagers is in the Broadway or the Elms. Otherwise it’s £5 plus.
There's a few pints on offer in the Rayleigh Lanes sports bar that come under £5, but otherwise not many places in Essex that cheap.

I used to have a Linus (from Peanuts) pennant that said, "I love mankind, it's people I can't stand". I've started picking up the rubbish in my street as no other bugger does. Our road is off Leigh Broadway and people seem to think it is a public tip. They have no class, no pride.
Good on you for doing that.
People seem to have the attitude “somebody else” will clean that up.

The neighbours kids & friends (in their 20s) seem to think it funny to dump their fast food McD or KFC cups, wrappers, boxes etc out the car window early hours of the morning in the their own road.

And it doesn’t help when the bin men inadvertently spill rubbish out the wheelie bins when emptying & just leave it lying in the gutter. Rochford council really aren’t interested.

As you say, pride & class seems to be a diminishing asset in today’s society.

Keep up the good work though, hopefully your good habits will be seen by someone who will then do the same.👏

Back