• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Critics can often be ponces when they have little direct experience of what they are talking about.
Food critics who have only their own consumption record as experience in food/catering are not good.
Film critics, music critics, art, or theatre critics who have never acted, sung, played or written etc themselves are just that, ponces in the main, living off other's graft and craft.

Despite never made or produced a single movie, Kermode is well respected in the film industry which shows that statement is claptrap. I've looked on other forums and lots of ex-Wittertainers are saying the same thing about the Podcast - that it's just not as good as it was when it was on the BBC.

I purchased a new mountain bike last August and today broke a second spoke on the rear wheel.

Spokes occasionally break but I have only done 1000 miles on these wheels so for two to break indicates something is wrong.

I purchased a new mountain bike last August and today broke a second spoke on the rear wheel.

Spokes occasionally break but I have only done 1000 miles on these wheels so for two to break indicates something is wrong.
I had a similar experience once years ago when a teapot cracked. I took it back to Keddies (memory lane) and the assistant said “You must have poured boiling water in it....”

Last edited:
Critics can often be ponces when they have little direct experience of what they are talking about.
Food critics who have only their own consumption record as experience in food/catering are not good.
Film critics, music critics, art, or theatre critics who have never acted, sung, played or written etc themselves are just that, ponces in the main, living off other's graft and craft.
Many on forums have views on football---They can make them without ever playing the game.

Going through my bank details, I'm still waiting for that 150 squid energy payment.... Those ****ers are going to get an earfull tomorrow.

Mine came through 4th May, good old Southend Council, & that's the first time i've ever said that!.

Bloody show off ;)

10 weeks and SBC are ****. Just as well I'm not a single mother with kids and relying on it. I'm not holding out much hope for the 400 squid.

I actually rung them at the last minute today, I was told another 10 days until I get it.... That will nearly be 3 months after it was announced. ****ing dog ****.

Last edited:
Bloody show off ;)

10 weeks and SBC are ****. Just as well I'm not a single mother with kids and relying on it. I'm not holding out much hope for the 400 squid.

I actually rung them at the last minute today, I was told another 10 days until I get it.... That will nearly be 3 months after it was announced. ****ing dog ****.
As they say... 'The good Lord looks after his own'....

Bloody show off ;)

Did they give you a reason? Mine was sent promptly by Southend BC on the day they said it would be sent. My sister doesn't have a DD and is still waiting for hers though.

The £400 energy credit isn't a cash payment, just a deduction from your bills (IIRC).

Did they give you a reason? Mine was sent promptly by Southend BC on the day they said it would be sent. My sister doesn't have a DD and is still waiting for hers though.

The £400 energy credit isn't a cash payment, just a deduction from your bills (IIRC).

Some **** and ball story that they didn't process my DD in time. I didn't recieve any letters and sat waiting for 5 weeks not knowing until I rung them up. I then had to make a claim on line and still waiting.

I'm surprised the media aren't having a field day with this, knowing people are still waiting.

Yes, the £400 is a reduction on energy bills, how that will look, Christ knows....

Some **** and ball story that they didn't process my DD in time. I didn't recieve any letters and sat waiting for 5 weeks not knowing until I rung them up. I then had to make a claim on line and still waiting.

I'm surprised the media aren't having a field day with this, knowing people are still waiting.

Yes, the £400 is a reduction on energy bills, how that will look, Christ knows....

You should email the Standard Recorder. They'd be all over this.

34.2°c on our patio and 29°c in the lounge at the moment. Coupled with humidity that can be chewed, it makes it a perfect summer day in Sunny Westcliff.

A pleasant 24°c inside our house but around 34°c outside. I've finally won the battle with my wife that closing the curtains and the windows when the outside temperature is hotter than inside is the right way to go. It's only taken 9 years. Now i just need to start convincing my children aged 3 and 2. That might be another 9 years

For the windows that have the sun on them most of the day i've attached outdoor roller blinds so that the sun doesn't even touch the glass to start to begin warming it up. Only put up and used in really hot sunny weather

Back