• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Oh mate, I know but I need a change and due to the upcoming re-org there's a recruitment freeze on at NR - not to mention that NR seem to be focussed on project management/manager skills at the level above me rather than technical skills. I've been for 3 jobs and failed at all 3 just because I've had no managerial experience.

So I may be inline for being made redudant - I just don't know - and in that case I lose the redundancy pay which will be a fair whack seeing as I've been here for 18 years. Or if not, do I keep my head down for the next 12 years of my life just because of the pension?

Devil & deep blue sea.

Keep in mind that if you are made redundant, depending on the pension fund rules, you can pay some or all of the payment directly into your pension. Tax efficient but ties the money up until the earliest you can draw it (minimum is at 55 but would be seriously reduced). Also remember the first £30k of a redundancy is tax free. It is worth looking at the total remuneration not just salary; final salary schemes are very much gold standard and very rare.

Keep in mind that if you are made redundant, depending on the pension fund rules, you can pay some or all of the payment directly into your pension. Tax efficient but ties the money up until the earliest you can draw it (minimum is at 55 but would be seriously reduced). Also remember the first £30k of a redundancy is tax free. It is worth looking at the total remuneration not just salary; final salary schemes are very much gold standard and very rare.

Thanks for the advice. I was informed yesterday that my role in being pushed out to the "Routes" where I could be forced to relocate to anywhere in the country. Even if I'm LNW based it means travelling to Rugby every day. My line manager is trying to fight this stupidity as breaking up the team is just plain ludicrous (we provide software & analysis across all routes currently). It could be that despite being purely route based, I'm still based at MK. We've had no confirmation either way at the moment.

So we are expecting a delivery of replacement bits for our kitchen today. I've just come out of the shower and then a text lands and the delivery is 1 hour away, his name is............ and if you folow this link it will show you exactly where he is now. So, sitting at the top of the stairs I follow the link and then I think '15 years ago I wouldn't have dreamt that I would have the technology to do this'. I'm impressed.

So we are expecting a delivery of replacement bits for our kitchen today. I've just come out of the shower and then a text lands and the delivery is 1 hour away, his name is............ and if you follow this link it will show you exactly where he is now. So, sitting at the top of the stairs I follow the link and then I think '15 years ago I wouldn't have dreamt that I would have the technology to do this'. I'm impressed.

You need technology to sit on the stairs?

Thanks for the advice. I was informed yesterday that my role in being pushed out to the "Routes" where I could be forced to relocate to anywhere in the country. Even if I'm LNW based it means travelling to Rugby every day. My line manager is trying to fight this stupidity as breaking up the team is just plain ludicrous (we provide software & analysis across all routes currently). It could be that despite being purely route based, I'm still based at MK. We've had no confirmation either way at the moment.

I suggest you check your contract to see if there is a "mobility clause". This can mean that if they offer "suitable alternative employment" but it is miles away you could be deemed to have made yourself redundant if you refuse it. Definitely one to take up with a union if you are in one.

So we are expecting a delivery of replacement bits for our kitchen today. I've just come out of the shower and then a text lands and the delivery is 1 hour away, his name is............ and if you folow this link it will show you exactly where he is now. So, sitting at the top of the stairs I follow the link and then I think '15 years ago I wouldn't have dreamt that I would have the technology to do this'. I'm impressed.
Will your Stannah Stairlift get you down in time? :Smile:

I suggest you check your contract to see if there is a "mobility clause". This can mean that if they offer "suitable alternative employment" but it is miles away you could be deemed to have made yourself redundant if you refuse it. Definitely one to take up with a union if you are in one.

I'm in TSSA and have raised the question. It's still due for consultation apparently so nobody knows at the moment.

Just been told by work that I did not use all my flexible benefits for the year and have £572 left in my benefits account that means "claims can be made for any activity or item that is designed to support your personal, mental and physical well-being". Just emailed for clarification and looks like me and the other half can go on a spa weekend and I can claim it back, big brownie points!

On the flip side, It could also be seen as constructive dismissal...

If it is in the contract then unlikely but if it isn't then indeed it could. But constructive dismissal cases are notoriously difficult to win.

It's not just me affected, they'll be dozens or people. I don't know anyone elses situation but I doubt many are willing to uproot their lives to go and work in Glasgow or Swindon when their lives are in and around MK.

Just been told by work that I did not use all my flexible benefits for the year and have £572 left in my benefits account that means "claims can be made for any activity or item that is designed to support your personal, mental and physical well-being". Just emailed for clarification and looks like me and the other half can go on a spa weekend and I can claim it back, big brownie points!

OR it could cover your next SUFC season card for 2020/21 @Ricky Otto ? .......................Naah, maybe not.:Blush:

Applied for voluntary redundancy which IF I get the job I was interviewed for today will be VERY handy. Kerching!

Back