• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Tea and scones on my parents' driveway with the family to celebrate mum's birthday yesterday. It always rains on her birthday so we had a pop up gazebo and umbrellas!

Priory Park, the reduced number of staff and resources have done a superb job of re planting the formal beds in the walled garden. The head gardener lady was finishing it off this morning, early, in the drizzle, and showing great pride in the work. Very well done to her and her team. If you haven't been for a while then it is worth a visit; and following this wettish weather, in a few weeks, (left un-vandalised) it will be quite a picture.

Went to our local restaurant in SC for a meal earlier, on the first day Of Phase 2 in Barna's lockdown relaxation of restrictions.Heard from our older daughter that Gracia (where there are a lot of terrace restaurants) was packed at lunchtime.

I've just discovered that Mattocks Fish Mongers have re-opened in Leigh. Decent fish at last. Woo hoo!!

Walked past there 2 weeks ago, & surprised to see it open then. Having been closed since last Oct (?) due to fire damage caused by premises next door, i really didn't expect it to re-open.
Full credit to Steve ( think that's his name? ).

a very eclectic mix on Discover Weekly on Spotify

Brian Protheroe - Pinball
Jake Thackeray - Lah-di-dah
Bonzo Dog Band- Intro and Outro
Atmosfear - Motivation
Pastor T L Barrett- Like a Ship
Cliff Nobles - The Horse
Aaron Neville- Hercules
Mose Allison - The Seventh Son
Barry White - It's Ecstacy..
Womack and Womack- Love Wars
John Phillips - Jazz II
Edwin Starr - 25 Miles
David Holmes - Rodney Yates
Robert Palmer- Every Kinda people
Serge Gainsbourg - En Melody
Don Blackman - Holding you, loving you
Martine Girault - Revival
Nancy Wilson - Ode to Billie Joe
Erma Franklin - Light my fire
The Delfonics - Ready or not
Ananda Shankar - Jumpin Jack Flash
Robert Parker - Barefootin
Eunice Collins - At the hotel
Loose Joints - Is it all over my face?
Darondo- Luscious Lady
Incredible Bongo Band-Bongo Rock
Lowell George - Honest Man
Traffic-Dream Gerrard
Wilson Pickett - Get me back on time...
Jeremy Steig-Howling for Judy

Every track is immense.

cloudflow_2-ss20-rust_limelight-m-g1.png

A thing of beauty and comfortable too!

That reminds me, I must pick up some rhubarb and custard sweets when this is all over

?

Having a takeaway chinese from our local tonight. First one of the lockdown.partial lockdown. Getting excited, god knows why, but I am.

I went off Chinese takeaway food years ago, due to a rather violent bout of food poisoning.

How was yours?

I went off Chinese takeaway food years ago, due to a rather violent bout of food poisoning.

How was yours?
Same for me too, I am very selective on where I get any take aways from and make periodic checks on hygiene ratings of those I do use.
I like Asain Station at Cookoo Corner/Prince Ave as they are established, good rating and have open kitchen.

A couple of years ago, some may remember we tied in our last game of the season (Bradford) with a Yorkshire stay, including a stay at the Black Swan at Oldstead, which, again, some may know as one of the top restaurants in the country, offering a 13 course tasting menu as the only meal choice.

Today I have one of the first of Tommy Banks' nationwide deliveries from the Black Swan coming. Two three course meals for two people from a Michelin starred restaurant for £70 - beyond excited about it!

This:
1592119463955.png
The sun is shining, the temperature is warm, there's a Sunday newspaper to by bought and a old gits walk to be had. What better way to do that lot then to wear my current favourite SUFC polo shirt? Might even break out into an 'everywhere we 'chorus, just to remind myself football will return.

Finally able to get my Echo Dot working again (well, Malik in Mumbai did......) after nearly a week without it. Really missed having the lil' fella playing some tunes in the background :Thumbs up:

Finally able to get my Echo Dot working again (well, Malik in Mumbai did......) after nearly a week without it. Really missed having the lil' fella playing some tunes in the background :Thumbs up:
Embarrassed as I am to admit this, I did not have a clue what an Echo Dot was, I had to Google it. I think that when the freeloaders finally fled the nest I started to stop knowing the latest words. I still know about Betamax though!

Going back into work next Wednesday for a training day. Not off furlough just yet but it’s a step in the right direction and potential return of my sanity.

Back