• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Harveys (I think) we've been waiting for a replacement settee and two recliner armchairs since before Christmas as ours was faulty. The lockdown has put paid to any progress over the last few months, but I've just had a text from them saying 'Further to our recent communication your replacement furniture will be delivered on 1st of July from 07:00 - 11:00. Good news hopefully, but as to their communication, what communication?

Harveys (I think) we've been waiting for a replacement settee and two recliner armchairs since before Christmas as ours was faulty. The lockdown has put paid to any progress over the last few months, but I've just had a text from them saying 'Further to our recent communication your replacement furniture will be delivered on 1st of July from 07:00 - 11:00. Good news hopefully, but as to their communication, what communication?

The one when they said it was unavailable in your original choice of colour but if you had no objections they’d deliver you one in pink at the start of July.

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
The one when they said it was unavailable in your original choice of colour but if you had no objections they’d deliver you one in pink at the start of July.
I've very little humour left when it comes to Harveys Yorkie. We've been playing this waiting game since September last year. First it was going to be a repair of the recliner, then in January they found they couldn't get the parts so they replaced both chairs and settee as recompense. Delivery was due today from 07:00 - 13:00. I got several texts this morning saying it was on it's way and a tracking link showing where the van was. It has now been stationary outside Ilford since 10am this morning, and with Harveys going into administration this morning I now have no idea how long we will wait. We may well be t/f'd.

I've very little humour left when it comes to Harveys Yorkie. We've been playing this waiting game since September last year. First it was going to be a repair of the recliner, then in January they found they couldn't get the parts so they replaced both chairs and settee as recompense. Delivery was due today from 07:00 - 13:00. I got several texts this morning saying it was on it's way and a tracking link showing where the van was. It has now been stationary outside Ilford since 10am this morning, and with Harveys going into administration this morning I now have no idea how long we will wait. We may well be t/f'd.

That is highly unfortunate timing. I think the tracker will tell you what time the driver found out they were going bust. Did you pay for it by credit card? If so, you may be able to get a refund from the credit card company.

That is highly unfortunate timing. I think the tracker will tell you what time the driver found out they were going bust. Did you pay for it by credit card? If so, you may be able to get a refund from the credit card company.
A further development, I finally found an email address for Harveys as getting through to customer services proved impossible. Then, just now, they rang me, apologised for the delay, and explained that the van had broken down. They will now be with us tomorrow between 7-10. Mrs RHB is now smiling instead of snarling for the first time today!

A further development, I finally found an email address for Harveys as getting through to customer services proved impossible. Then, just now, they rang me, apologised for the delay, and explained that the van had broken down. They will now be with us tomorrow between 7-10. Mrs RHB is now smiling instead of snarling for the first time today!
Cheer her up with Nuii! No need to thank me. :)

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
And this morning they turned up at 08:00am in a splendid Bensons Beds lorry and at last our replacement recliners and settee were carefully assembled tested and all round ok. It turns out that this pair were from Dagenham depot which kind of suggests that yesterday was never going to happen and the lorry didn't really break down. Never mind, its here she's happy, I'm happy and if any of it goes wrong, with Harveys down the drain, we will will be in totally ****ed mode, a comforting thought for tomorrow!

Juicing! No solids only home made juice black coffee and coconut water. Guaranteed weight loss but you need to have good willpower!
Good luck with that one. As you say, willpower, something I'm not too blessed with. No wine at all?

Back