• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 03 2005,15:24)]all the pop stars as achingly dull as Ronan Keating?
I also thought that Ronan Keating was incredibly dull until I read somewhere that he punched Mike Tyson in the face as he was sleeping. I still hate his music and the things his music stands for but he has gone up in my estimations after I read that.

Alexis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 03 2005,15:09)]Hmmm. The media reflects its readership- despite the fact that the sun only gets 3m readers (or 5% of the national population) and reality tv gets nowhere near as much audience as it is supposed.

It's easy to attack the media and the people who allow the media to be their mouthpiece.
How can I stop the media claiming to be my mouthpiece?

Wayne Rooney is a thug, i don't give a flying feck about how good he is if he can not learn to play the game properly and conduct himself properly given the talent he has then he doesn't deserve it. Rooney has had all the 'boy wonder' crap but at the end of the day his nothing more than a scouse thug who is luckely enough to have a talent.

P.S Rock Musician takes drugs ? Never !

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Feb. 03 2005,18:45)]Wayne Rooney is a thug, i don't give a flying feck about how good he is if he can not learn to play the game properly and conduct himself properly given the talent he has then he doesn't deserve it. Rooney has had all the 'boy wonder' crap but at the end of the day his nothing more than a scouse thug who is luckely enough to have a talent.

rock.gif
Anyone think that if Rooney was a Gooner he'd not have said that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 03 2005,17:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Feb. 03 2005,18:45)]Wayne Rooney is a thug, i don't give a flying feck about how good he is if he can not learn to play the game properly and conduct himself properly given the talent he has then he doesn't deserve it. Rooney has had all the 'boy wonder' crap but at the end of the day his nothing more than a scouse thug who is luckely enough to have a talent.

rock.gif
No because Edu's a fecker too !

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

No seriously, Arsenal have had there fair share of Behavour problems and Vieira can at times be 'out of order' but they don't have a tendancy to abuse the refs and are considered quite sportsmanlike.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Feb. 03 2005,18:54)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

No seriously, Arsenal have had there fair share of Behavour problems and Vieira can at times be 'out of order' but they don't have a tendancy to abuse the refs and are considered quite sportsmanlike.
Martin Keown and Nigel Winterburn weren't known for their coolness.

Stones and glass houses and all that. Every team has a player like Rooney who's a bit of a hot head. Don't take the moral high ground!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 03 2005,19:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Feb. 03 2005,18:54)]
[b said:
[b said:

rock.gif

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Martin Keown and Nigel Winterburn weren't known for their coolness.

Stones and glass houses and all that. Every team has a player like Rooney who's a bit of a hot head. Don't take the moral high ground!
He's still bitter after Tuesday.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
He also has one of the best set of footballing feet in this country north of (Fredy) Eastwood. He has a lot of maturing to do and I don't like his petulant outburts and physical retributions but criticism from a Gooner makes me die.

I haven't got enough digits on my hands to count the number of thugs masquerading as football players that have emerged from Highbury in the last 30 years, mostly in the recent Wenger era. Do I need to remind you of Arsenal's disciplinary record ?

If you want to talk about playing the game "properly" start in your own back yard and persuade Ashley Cole that being arguably one of the best left-backs in the world does not give him the divine right to be a tw*t. The dive incident in the week was not a one-off.

With the right management and advisory skills Wayne Rooney will be a world class striker by the time he is 20 cutting as much silliness out of his game as possible. I hope he retains most of his arrogance. He'll end up being a good old fashioned striker that we used to see (and love) week in week out in the 70s and 80s.

Would anyone call Alan Shearer a thug ? I don't see a great deal of difference between the two other than youthfull exhuberance and cockiness.

Jeez at that age if someone had paid me £600 pounds a week I think I'd have been strutting around giving it the biggun'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 03 2005,21:45)]Would anyone call Alan Shearer a thug ?
Erm, yes - he's an absolute bloody bruiser!

wow.gif

He just gets away with it because he's classic "salt of the earth" unlike (say) the Jody Morrises of this world, who are not-so-classic "scum of the earth".

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 04 2005,11:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Feb. 03 2005,21:45)]Would anyone call Alan Shearer a thug ?
Erm, yes - he's an absolute bloody bruiser!

wow.gif

He just gets away with it because he's classic "salt of the earth" unlike (say) the Jody Morrises of this world, who are not-so-classic "scum of the earth".

ghostface.gif
Funny that - my original post was about twice the length - but going slightly off topic along the lines of the things that Shearer, Robson and others have got away with over the years in the spirit of 'you can't book me, do you know who I am?'.

Remember Alan Shearer - the main reason we didn't get to the final of WC98.

Back