• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think people really need to get rid of the idea of administration being a good thing that will resolve all our problems.

Even if it wiped our debt and we managed stay in the league we would still be losing money every month.

Indeed as Chapperz says, Sainsbury have loaned SUFC nothing, it went through the parent company and the parent company then loaned us the money.

That way SUFC are indebted to Ron Martin.

Indeed as Chapperz says, Sainsbury have loaned SUFC nothing, it went through the parent company and the parent company then loaned us the money.

That way SUFC are indebted to Ron Martin.

How long will Sainsbury's continue to loan money to the chairman though, in pursuit of the seemingly endlessely receeding into the future, move to FF?

imo and as i understand it even if we do move to ff, sufc will be no better cause we wont own that either, so this will go on forever until some rich guy comes and buys it from ron, sufc is just a bargaining chip to make money/clear debts

i don't douby that ron is trying to move things forward, its just that sufc is not top of the list.

How long will Sainsbury's continue to loan money to the chairman though, in pursuit of the seemingly endlessely receeding into the future, move to FF?

Certainly not for ever, Im pretty sure they are reluctant to do so now.

If the agreement for the stadium gets off they may not need to as it may release funds etc.

imo and as i understand it even if we do move to ff, sufc will be no better cause we wont own that either, so this will go on forever until some rich guy comes and buys it from ron, sufc is just a bargaining chip to make money/clear debts

i don't douby that ron is trying to move things forward, its just that sufc is not top of the list.

The whole point of moving to FF is because it does make things better. You just have to look at how Col U benefit from theirs to see how it may work, although nothing has ever been set in stone what will benefit us.

The whole point of moving to FF is because it does make things better. You just have to look at how Col U benefit from theirs to see how it may work, although nothing has ever been set in stone what will benefit us.

please explain how?
don't know alot about col u however theirs is a stadium not a retail park etc to make money

we will never know what goes on behind closed doors

as it stands Ron takes money from what ever pot he can, ie Sainsburys, Martin Dawn, HRMC let alone individuals that he owes ie Tara Brady, Players etc along with any other creditors throughout his companys, so on top of that he needs to fund the building of the stadium, originally 4 stands now 3 because of what i believe is advances from Sainsburys to pay HMRC, now can't afford the 4th, we are just a front for Ron to clear his debts, to get support from the council/ individuals, and money made from the move to ff will be paid off his debts and will not fund or support sufc.

My guess would be until the amount they have agreed to pay for Roots Hall is all paid up or until the 3 sided stadium is built and we are out of Roots Hall.

Administration will never happen RM will hold out for FF and will not ever leave until this move happens that is his nest egg right there

please explain how?
don't know alot about col u however theirs is a stadium not a retail park etc to make money

we will never know what goes on behind closed doors

as it stands Ron takes money from what ever pot he can, ie Sainsburys, Martin Dawn, HRMC let alone individuals that he owes ie Tara Brady, Players etc along with any other creditors throughout his companys, so on top of that he needs to fund the building of the stadium, originally 4 stands now 3 because of what i believe is advances from Sainsburys to pay HMRC, now can't afford the 4th, we are just a front for Ron to clear his debts, to get support from the council/ individuals, and money made from the move to ff will be paid off his debts and will not fund or support sufc.

The plan was for Fossetts to not only have the retail park but also to have conference facilities.

Col U also have conference facilities at their ground as well and money made from that goes to the club.

As for the stadium the money from Sainsbury was only ever going to go towards 3 stands, the 4th stand would have been financed by a hotel, which clearly hasnt happened.

As for the new stadium it certainly wasnt to clear Rons debts, it was meant to make him a massive profit, whilst also giving us facilities where we arent reliant on match day income only. He has however never clarified how and what parts of the development will go towards the club though, and now most of it is up in the air its even less clear.

The plan was for Fossetts to not only have the retail park but also to have conference facilities.

Col U also have conference facilities at their ground as well and money made from that goes to the club.

As for the stadium the money from Sainsbury was only ever going to go towards 3 stands, the 4th stand would have been financed by a hotel, which clearly hasnt happened.

As for the new stadium it certainly wasnt to clear Rons debts, it was meant to make him a massive profit, whilst also giving us facilities where we arent reliant on match day income only. He has however never clarified how and what parts of the development will go towards the club though, and now most of it is up in the air its even less clear.

Given that Southend council have stipulated that we can't move out of Roots Hall until FF is actually built, there must surely be a tipping point, somewhere on the horizon, where Sainsbury's realise there's no longer any point in funding our ever increasing, recent appearances (nine in the last three years) at the Winder's court?

Last edited:
There maybe an added money spinner at fosset farm that I cant rember anyone bringing to the fore .Car parking match days .At present folk park on the streets to avoid paying for the carpark at the ground me for one . Now having driven all around the fosset farm area There doesn't seem to be any side streets to park in .And I cant see waiterose allowing parking there match days So if the club are cleaver and charge a fee within reson say 2.50 for match day parking then surely that would generate a large sum on the season .

There maybe an added money spinner at fosset farm that I cant rember anyone bringing to the fore .Car parking match days .At present folk park on the streets to avoid paying for the carpark at the ground me for one . Now having driven all around the fosset farm area There doesn't seem to be any side streets to park in .And I cant see waiterose allowing parking there match days So if the club are cleaver and charge a fee within reson say 2.50 for match day parking then surely that would generate a large sum on the season .

That's a good point. Not sure if the retail parking will also carry a parking fee.

Would have thought any retail park would charge most do these days to bring in revenue to cover any overheads .AsI said if the club was bright enough and not over charge for parking and even if they payed 3or4 parking people say20 pounds a head match days to look after the cars and help people park the club would still be quids in .

Back