• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which type of Londoners would you wipe out first.

Maybe its because I am a Londoner.

• Total voters
Hackney is a good shout along with Brixton and Peckham.

I was born in London and hate the place. Can't really comment on the north part as i was south of the river lad.

Hackney is a good shout along with Brixton and Peckham.

I was born in London and hate the place. Can't really comment on the north part as i was south of the river lad.
Geography not your strong point? Marmite digger.

Peckham...

[video=youtube;2waIvp265CM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2waIvp265CM[/video]

I'm trying to understand why there has to be such hate for groups of people like this when it could ALL be directed at Vanessa Feltz? A quick google shows she lives in North London, so that's where I'd be focusing my efforts. Apologies in advance for the collateral damage but most would agree, wiping out Northern London would be a small price to pay.
Here you go, you can pinpoint her without it costing a single human life...

http://www.shadyoldlady.com/location.php?loc=1187

Shame to see such a beautiful building wiped out though.

I'll be more precise people,Hackney is the filthiest ----hole in the whole dam world,it should be wiped of Gods Earth.

I'll second that. Worked a stones throw from Victoria Park for 4 years in the 90's. Boss and his wife lived a 10-15 min walk away from the company, but would never walk home when it was dark. Also saw 2 tramps in Vic park fighting over the contents of a rubbish bin once!.

As an ex-Dalston resident my views hold firm,Hackney is a ----hole,maybe SN is a posher ----hole,so shove that up your left wing arse,oh yes and when was the last time you actually watched the Shrimpers you fraud.

August 2010, and even though I don't have to justify my reasons to anyone, it's certainly not an Anti-Sturrock thing. :raspberry:

I'm trying to understand why there has to be such hate for groups of people like this when it could ALL be directed at Vanessa Feltz? A quick google shows she lives in North London, so that's where I'd be focusing my efforts. Apologies in advance for the collateral damage but most would agree, wiping out Northern London would be a small price to pay.
Here you go, you can pinpoint her without it costing a single human life...

http://www.shadyoldlady.com/location.php?loc=1187

Shame to see such a beautiful building wiped out though.

Right, who's with me?

http://leblow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Sign me up for two pitchforks and a commemorative programme.

Can't help but feel it could end like the bull running at Pamplona

I'm thinking more like Moby Dick?

Call me Ishmael (or South Bank Hank....)

I'll second that. Worked a stones throw from Victoria Park for 4 years in the 90's. Boss and his wife lived a 10-15 min walk away from the company, but would never walk home when it was dark. Also saw 2 tramps in Vic park fighting over the contents of a rubbish bin once!.

I've lived the other side of Vicky Park for 8 years now, cut through all the short cuts and have had no issues whatsoever walking home in the dark (and one bit of it is dark as the council still haven't sorted out the street light in a dark alley).

You see less trouble walking at night round there than you do on the N25 night bus, or indeed Southend High St or Lucy Rd.

A lot of people are afraid of their own shadows.

Have a lot of sympathy for those saying "South" because when you cross the Thames it really does feel as if you're somewhere completely different but my vote's going to "East". The East end of London used to be vibrant, if shabby but now it's just dirty and very depressing when you drive through it. And that has to be down to the people that live there.

Have a lot of sympathy for those saying "South" because when you cross the Thames it really does feel as if you're somewhere completely different but my vote's going to "East". The East end of London used to be vibrant, if shabby but now it's just dirty and very depressing when you drive through it. And that has to be down to the people that live there.

Charming....

I think you're definitely romanticising it. It wasn't Pearly Kings & Queens, Pie & Mash, and 'cor Blimey Guv'nor for my dad, born into slum tenaments in Bow. There was, at the end of the 1900s in Stepney, almost 300,000 people living in one square mile. When they demolished the slums (or when the Luftwaffe did), they just rebuilt more slums, but this time they rose upwards.

I've lived the other side of Vicky Park for 8 years now, cut through all the short cuts and have had no issues whatsoever walking home in the dark (and one bit of it is dark as the council still haven't sorted out the street light in a dark alley).

You see less trouble walking at night round there than you do on the N25 night bus, or indeed Southend High St or Lucy Rd.

A lot of people are afraid of their own shadows.

I used to live quite close to there, and friends of mine shared a house on Old Ford Road. I never had any issues walking around there at night.

I think you're definitely romanticising it. It wasn't Pearly Kings & Queens, Pie & Mash, and 'cor Blimey Guv'nor for my dad, born into slum tenaments in Bow. There was, at the end of the 1900s in Stepney, almost 300,000 people living in one square mile. When they demolished the slums (or when the Luftwaffe did), they just rebuilt more slums, but this time they rose upwards.
I'm going on my memories of when I worked near Aldgate and would often pop down that way during lunch to the markets, and before the M25 when you had no choice but to drive through London. So many boarded up properties now, and it's just so grubby from years of pollution. Resident ought to be making more noise about the councils cleaning stuff up.

I'm going on my memories of when I worked near Aldgate and would often pop down that way during lunch to the markets, and before the M25 when you had no choice but to drive through London. So many boarded up properties now, and it's just so grubby from years of pollution. Resident ought to be making more noise about the councils cleaning stuff up.

wow, deep dark east london.

When Venice is all grubby and dirty people remark on it's charm.

I used to live quite close to there, and friends of mine shared a house on Old Ford Road. I never had any issues walking around there at night.

I was referring to the other direction, towards Hackney Wick. My boss had lived there for many years, and knew the area very well. Therefore when he said it was'nt safe to walk in the direction of where he lived (Meynell Crescent) after dark, then you had to respect his knowledge of the area in question.

Back