• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Warning!! OLDER PERSON POST

It's not Social Media's fault we didn't sign anyone. If we couldn't talk online about the lack of signings people would still be moaning in the stands come the weekend.

Oh how I miss those days, when Saturday afternoon was that time of the week to vent your anger and frustration, then come Sunday morning all would be forgotten and another week normality would begin without the need to check Twitter every nano second for a ounce of speculation or reaction.

A happy time this was.

I would of said 'fair enough' we've lost our best players and our form was shockingly bad at the end of last season. It would be a fair statement. I'm sure plenty of managers have said they want to consolidate this year, plenty of them. Don't throw us a bone just to keep us happy(because look how it is now half the fanbase wants the manager sacked inc me), tell it how it is and get more respect from the fans.

You mean half of Shrimperzone. When I speak to other fans who are way to busy to come on here I find the support ratio is much higher. They all seem to know that our financial situation won't change if we sack the manager. Nor do they expect us to be challenging for promotion.

Oh how I miss those days, when Saturday afternoon was that time of the week to vent your anger and frustration, then come Sunday morning all would be forgotten and another week normality would begin without the need to check Twitter every nano second for a ounce of speculation or reaction.

A happy time this was.

Very true. The frustration was taken out on the opposition rather than our own players or the manager.

You mean half of Shrimperzone. When I speak to other fans who are way to busy to come on here I find the support ratio is much higher. They all seem to know that our financial situation won't change if we sack the manager. Nor do they expect us to be challenging for promotion.

Well I disagree most of the fans I speak to want him out but I guess we don't speak to the same people but I would prob put it at 50/50 on those who want him in/out.

Yes we know sacking the manager won't change our financial situation but it's the displays on the pitch which are not up to standard and sacking the manger will have a direct effect on that.

We signed nine players to be fair. We've signed two players in the last five days including one yesterday.

These facts are really confusing things! :dizzy:

Very spurious arguing. ' Other fans who are way to busy to come on here...' well I am glad that all the Zoners are so time rich and idle. 'The supporting ratio is higher...' You have surely done a poll of all you speak to in order to be sure of that?

'They all seem to know that our financial situation won't change if we sack the manager'. What has that to do with how the finances are utilised and the acquisitions managed?
' Nor do they expect us to be challenging for promotion'. Did you ask whether they expect us to play better than we do and to get a few more points than we have?

Ok who do we blame for the lack of transfers yesterday .Phil - Ron or our board All the hipe that Simpson was close That has to be down to Phil Not spending some money now that's got to be down to Ron .Now the question is has Ron lost faith in Phil brown so he wont invest in new players .Or is it more likely we are skint and the tax man will soon come knocking again . Over to you all .

I blame you. Hope that helps.

Well I disagree most of the fans I speak to want him out but I guess we don't speak to the same people but I would prob put it at 50/50 on those who want him in/out.

Yes we know sacking the manager won't change our financial situation but it's the displays on the pitch which are not up to standard and sacking the manger will have a direct effect on that.

That's what some fans always think. Like at the 81 other clubs that have sacked managers in the last three seasons. Some have had three or four mangers in that time and nothing has changed.

Constantly blaming the manager (any club) just lets the players off the hook. The game is about the players always has been, always will be.

And no I'm not blaming the players at our club, We have had less p*** takers under Brown, on and off the pitch than any other manager.

People need to accept we are at the right level playing strength for our club. We are no longer in L2 so we will play more stronger clubs and sometimes the players need our support. People who slag and boo because they personally hate PB need a slap.

Very spurious arguing. ' Other fans who are way to busy to come on here...' well I am glad that all the Zoners are so time rich and idle. 'The supporting ratio is higher...' You have surely done a poll of all you speak to in order to be sure of that?

'They all seem to know that our financial situation won't change if we sack the manager'. What has that to do with how the finances are utilised and the acquisitions managed?
' Nor do they expect us to be challenging for promotion'. Did you ask whether they expect us to play better than we do and to get a few more points than we have?

I was being polite. They normally say " Football forums are full of idiots, who know f*** all about football".

Fair enough.

But we do have a 23-man squad (including Williams, Kyprianou and Bridge). Honestly, how many more did you want?

Considering the changes to the loan market 3 more would of been nice. We are down to the bones if we have a couple more injuries.

Fair enough.

But we do have a 23-man squad (including Williams, Kyprianou and Bridge). Honestly, how many more did you want?

We need a few extra because we cannot loan in someone if we get an injury. Going in with 4 forwards, including injured Ranger; Mooney and Williams who are not up to it is not enough for me. We don't even have any wingers who can play up front for a change. I see what brown is saying about not just getting players of lower quality in, but I'd have SEB over Williams to be honest.

Anyway, we are where we are. Let's hope for some luck on the injury front and we may be ok.

I was being polite. They normally say " Football forums are full of idiots, who know f*** all about football".

Unfortunately, the elite view of professionals knowing so much, is not one I share. Deriding the supporters is insulting and ignorant. Some fans from the terraces/stands, have for decades witnessed and assessed players and managers alike and many are perfectly informed to make judgments. Managers only differ by the virtue they are paid to do so and the pay is what makes them responsible. That responsibility means they need to shoulder blame where appropriate.

Though I acknowledge your undying loyalty I do not respect it. Whether it's a friend, family member or in this case a football manager, it is not loyal to excuse them when they are wrong. It is loyal to stand by them when they slip up but not loyal to Stand for the mistakes they make.

That's what some fans always think. Like at the 81 other clubs that have sacked managers in the last three seasons. Some have had three or four mangers in that time and nothing has changed.

Constantly blaming the manager (any club) just lets the players off the hook. The game is about the players always has been, always will be.

And no I'm not blaming the players at our club, We have had less p*** takers under Brown, on and off the pitch than any other manager.

People need to accept we are at the right level playing strength for our club. We are no longer in L2 so we will play more stronger clubs and sometimes the players need our support. People who slag and boo because they personally hate PB need a slap.

But rigsby 16pts from 22 games is a HORRENDOUS return that would see probably 95% or more of managers out of a job by now. I'd be surprised if any club in England other than Aston Villa (11pts) has a lower points return over the past 22 games than we do. The wheels came off big-style at Swindon when after a shocking team performance Brown treated a whole-hearted and loyal servant like Luke Prosser disgustingly in front of the whole squad. I know certain players lost an awful lot of respect for Brown after that. Once you lose the dressing room it's over, so what do we do now? Do we wait until we're cut adrift and give any incoming new manager a big task to keep us up? This squad isn't in any way perfect however it is far better than a return of 16pts from 22 games and is comfortably good enough to stay in this division with the right man in charge. When the players stop playing for their manager it's a massive problem - just look at Chelsea under Mourinho last season when he lost the dressing room. Now obviously Chelsea were never going to be relegated due to the size of the club but their season was still an utterly appalling one by their own standards. A similar situation in a club our size at this level will probably result in relegation, undoing all the hard work from 2014/15 with a squad that should be able to comfortably consolidate in mid-table of L1 based on it's playing staff.

Things are unlikely to get much better, if at all. We'll probably be rock-bottom post-Millwall given the games we have coming up. Ron should be exploring other managerial possibilities now to cover the likely scenario of Brown losing his job.

Warning!! OLDER PERSON POST

It's not Social Media's fault we didn't sign anyone. If we couldn't talk online about the lack of signings people would still be moaning in the stands come the weekend.

How ageist do you want to get? If a poster has a view then age shouldn't come into it. Outrageous. And Lord Football is younger than me and therefore I think he is young.:winking:

Back