• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
No, no no, no no. He is nowhere near ready for that - plus it would IMHO massively undermine Dieng.

Why isn't he ready for it?
How much experience do you need to call heads or tails?

It's more symbolic than anything else. This is his generation's team. You can have an experienced head guiding him alongside in defence (I've already advocated for this) and maybe some veterans that the youngsters look up to (I wouldn't be adverse to having Milligan return) but it is the youngsters' team.

Dieng was Sol's captain. The new man gets to start again.

If we can hang on to them, I think a base team of:

Oxley
Bwomono, White, Dieng, Clifford
Barratt, Phillips, Gard, Macca
Hutchinson, Kelman

Would be decent. With squad players of:

Season, Demetriou, Ralph, Lennon, Kyprianou, Mitchell-Nelson, Taylor, Egbri, Klass, Hutchinson, Kinali, Goodship, Acquah, Rush

I’d want to sign an experienced centre back, an experienced central midfielder and a target man. I think that would give us a decent squad to hold our own in League Two. They’re also young enough to improve, grow and develop.

I don’t think the rebuild is as big as we all thought for the new manager.

That central defensive partnership screams double relegation.

That central midfield would get overrun.

Up front nothing will stick.

You need three proven players to slot into that side in the core and then it looks like something that would work.

Maher now 2/1, Barrett 4/1, Currie 6/1, Fagan 8/1 and Brown 10/1 its 12/1 bar those 5

Although betting on this is so easily moved a fiver on someone and the odds will move a lot

Maher now 2/1, Barrett 4/1, Currie 6/1, Fagan 8/1 and Brown 10/1 its 12/1 bar those 5

Although betting on this is so easily moved a fiver on someone and the odds will move a lot
I'm tempted to put something on demi being in the mix as no2. 50 international games, captained Cyprus and southend - is it 400+ league games ?- full coaching badges and been lots of places, seems liked and respected in the game.

I'm tempted to put something on demi being in the mix as no2. 50 international games, captained Cyprus and southend - is it 400+ league games ?- full coaching badges and been lots of places, seems liked and respected in the game.

Definitely in with a shout now Milligan has gone.

yep..... and shows the appropriate level of ambition for the fanbase

Bit harsh!

I for one would be willing to give Fagan a shot, let’s be honest we’ve given plenty of different types of managers a chance and haven’t got very far. Very similar situation to when Tilson was appointed manager.

Bit harsh!

I for one would be willing to give Fagan a shot, let’s be honest we’ve given plenty of different types of managers a chance and haven’t got very far. Very similar situation to when Tilson was appointed manager.
I think Maher and demi would be the best as a management team but hey what do I know !

Do any bookmakers run a book on assistant managers? I've never seen it

Do any bookmakers run a book on assistant managers? I've never seen it
No idea!!!! I'm not actually a betting man other than the national once a year. And I fail !miserably at that.
To be fair there been a few blinkered runners manager wise and a few gone lame or pulled up in the last few yeaes. Maybe younger runners will instill more enthusiasm.
Whatever the outcome of meetings in the next few days it won't be long finding out.
I'd rather young and keen than bondesque.

One person on the zones list of potentials certainly doesn’t rate Demi.... On or off the field.

If his contract was up he would definitely been gone.
I’m sure Ron might be hoping someone makes him an offer just To further ease the wage bill.... Same for Oxley and Humphries

One person on the zones list of potentials certainly doesn’t rate Demi.... On or off the field.

If his contract was up he would definitely been gone.
I’m sure Ron might be hoping someone makes him an offer just To further ease the wage bill.... Same for Oxley and Humphries
totally agree! If both had good offers that suited famil it's they'd consider... Who wouldnt?
Believe there are ongoing offers for one of not both but who knows what ambitions are involved.
Just out of interest .. Are you connected to the rigsby grass supplier? If so I'll email

totally agree! If both had good offers that suited famil it's they'd consider... Who wouldnt?
Believe there are ongoing offers for one of not both but who knows what ambitions are involved.
Just out of interest .. Are you connected to the rigsby grass supplier? If so I'll email

I’m confused, do you want to lay it, smoke it or give it stitches?

Hahahaha... I was referring to the club ground turf \ground grass . I think my question was answered by the reply. Haha.

Your right it’s not me. The only thing I have is AstroTurf on my balcony

Back