• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Let's suppose that BBBC is available for for the Plymouth game along with Britt. Seeing that Eastwood scored on Saturday and Tomlin made a promising return in the second-half..........who does Luggy select up front on Tuesday night, against Plymouth. Given our even more desperate need for three points..............perhaps all four! :winking:

If he's fit enough, Tomlin has to start for me. Britt or Freddy to partner him.

He isn't fit enough. He only started ball work on Thursday but Sturrock is desperate for Tomlin to get back as playing with Tomlin brings out the best in Britt. I was surprised to see Tomlin at all on Saturday as on Thursday he said he wasn't ready to play.

Freddy has to start with Britt. If Barry Corr was ill on Saturday, he won't be 100% for Tuesday. Gavin Tomlin also won't be fully fit and Britt is the only other alternative. We can't afford to take any more risks with aggravating injuries, like we did with Chris Barker and Mark Phillips.

Have to say Britt and Eastwood although, I understand Corr was off yesterday with Flu so hopefully will make a recovery for Tuesday and then it will be a headache for PS to choose as Tomlin is finding his way back to fitness now.

If BBC is fit I would go with him and Freddy.

Britt does seem to be playing as an individual at the mo, and I think Freddy would work off Corr better.

If they are fit enough Tomlin and Corr.

Tomlin made a real difference when he came on. Despite this being his first match for 2 months he made an immediate impact and looked sharper than any of our other forwards. He would have scored had Reeves not tackled him and he made things happen.

I'm not sure what BBBC has done to upset Sturrock, but he's seemingly out of favour. He's only started I think 9 out of 17 games this year, despite scoring 7 goals in that time and being our best player in February.

IF fit, then Freddy. Britt is unlikely to be here next season & with all but a biased hope of promotion, it's time Fred got sum games under his belt & tries recapturing that match sharpness & confidence as he could be an important part of next season's promotion push.

IF fit, then Freddy. Britt is unlikely to be here next season & with all but a biased hope of promotion, it's time Fred got sum games under his belt & tries recapturing that match sharpness & confidence as he could be an important part of next season's promotion push.

If they are fit enough Tomlin and Corr.

Tomlin made a real difference when he came on. Despite this being his first match for 2 months he made an immediate impact and looked sharper than any of our other forwards. He would have scored had Reeves not tackled him and he made things happen.

I'm not sure what BBBC has done to upset Sturrock, but he's seemingly out of favour. He's only started I think 9 out of 17 games this year, despite scoring 7 goals in that time and being our best player in February.

Not quite as out of favour as Freddy though (until yesterday at least).

I would go for Freddy and BBBC with either tomlin or britt coming on as a sub later on in the game to inject a bit of pace towards the end of the game (if we're losing or drawing)!

IMO Tomlin looked sharper a) because Eastwood was starting to blow out of his arse, and b) Britt is way off the form he had earlier in the season and before Tomlins injury.
Tomlin needs a couple of starts from the bench, so Id go for BBBC (if fit) with Freddy. If BBBC unfit, then as per the start on Saturday.

Back