• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We know that one of them is Tomlin, any idea on the other 3?

Lund has an injured hand which has swelled up into an embargo shape which might stop him extending his loan?

I'd imagine that Laird, Mkandawire and Eastwood were likely candidates as they are all just back from injury.

I' wouldn't be surprised to hear that Hurst was one of them as well.

We know that one of them is Tomlin, any idea on the other 3?
My guess would be Freddy, who looked totally knackered when he came off and has been 'flu-ridden, Laird, who has been out a while and may still be feeling the effects of his injury, and Reeves, who had his first 90 minutes for a while and, according to Luggy at least, struggles to play games in quick succession. I just hope Tam isn't one of them as he brought much-needed calmness and composure to the team. Ideally we want him in midfield, of course, but if Cresswell is struggling then maybe it's not worth risking him. I didn't go to the Wimbledon game but by all accounts he wasn't his usual domineering self and maybe that was because he was playing through the injury that kept him out on Saturday.

I don't think Tomlin will be fit enough to start, possibly a cameo similar to Saturday. If at all possible, then it would be Freddy and Corr for me.

Permutations! If Corr is fit I would play him alongside Eastwood and let Britt play wide right. Not been done I know but Britt has pace and strength to get to the ball first if played into the channel and hopefully a good percentage of his crosses into the box can find our front two.

This gives us options later in the game. If Fred tires, move Britt alongside Corr and bring Tomlin on wide right. If Corr blows up then stick Harris on.

We are at home and it gives us three recognised strikers high up the pitch. We need to take the game to the enemy and have firepower. A negative line up is as useful as braces on speedo's.

We need to go for goals and outscore the opposition because as sure as eggs are eggs we are likely to concede at the moment.

For me this team have to start getting there act together for Wembley. the league imo is a lost course, but we could still make a showing at the home of football,but the way we are playing, it will be 20,000 to 30,000 blues fans looking on getting our arse kicked by a team that has about 10,000 fans watching them.

i dont care as long as we win -- and even winning may not be good enough, our goal average is not what is was and at present it looks like its going to go to the wire

This ****ing ridiculous injury situation is beyond a joke now. I've never known anything like it. Absurd.

i dont care as long as we win -- and even winning may not be good enough, our goal average is not what is was and at present it looks like its going to go to the wire

For it to go to the wire it would need, for us, an extreme change in fortunes and a nearly unbeaten series of results. At present, it sadly looks as if we will finish a fair bit short of that wire. I would LOVE to believe otherwise but look at this year's results and harsh reality stares you in the face.

My guess would be Freddy, who looked totally knackered when he came off and has been 'flu-ridden, Laird, who has been out a while and may still be feeling the effects of his injury, and Reeves, who had his first 90 minutes for a while and, according to Luggy at least, struggles to play games in quick succession. I just hope Tam isn't one of them as he brought much-needed calmness and composure to the team. Ideally we want him in midfield, of course, but Cresswell is struggling then maybe it's not worth risking him. I didn't go to the Wimbledon game but by all accounts he wasn't his usual domineering self and maybe that was because he was playing through the injury that kept him out on Saturday.if

According to PS in his BP interview both Cresswell and Barker will struggle to make Wembley let alone play tonight.

Back