• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

I would be happy if we announced Sol Campbell today.

Think most Southend fans would be happy enough with Sol. Those with some affiliation to Spurs will never get used to it though and will be on his back from day one.

Think most Southend fans would be happy enough with Sol. Those with some affiliation to Spurs will never get used to it though and will be on his back from day one.
I’m a spurs fan but a southend fan first as that’s where I’m from, I’ll always back sol 100%, good luck to him and hope he does well if appointed:Thumbs up:

He knows what he's doing :(

Anyways, looks like Sol - excellent news for me.

I'd be quite surprised if Cole joins though. From that interview posted a few days ago, sounds like the gig at Macclesfield just suited everyone as Cole lived nearby and could still work at Man Utd.

Can't see him uprooting his family to come be part of a coaching set up in Essex can you? Be interesting to see who Sol brings in though.

I'd be quite surprised if Cole joins though. From that interview posted a few days ago, sounds like the gig at Macclesfield just suited everyone as Cole lived nearby and could still work at Man Utd.

Can't see him uprooting his family to come be part of a coaching set up in Essex can you? Be interesting to see who Sol brings in though.

Maybe keep hold of GW in some capacity ?

He knows what he's doing :(

Anyways, looks like Sol - excellent news for me.

Seems to be a consensus out there that Cole is not very nice, moody, arrogant and difficult to work with. No thanks, we have enough issues already without creating further division in the camp.

If it's Sol, I won't be impressed and suspect that it will end in tears, but hey ho, I hope it works out.

Nothing like giving the guy a chance and being optimistic!!

Personally would be happy with this, though I wouldn't have minded AB, I did not want ST back.

I remember going to an England game at Wembley a few years ago, at the time Sol was a Spurs player and there were Spurs fans in front of me who sang this every time he touched the ball! Assume the PA man for Saturday will be dusting off the James Brown records:

Nothing like giving the guy a chance and being optimistic!!

Personally would be happy with this, though I wouldn't have minded AB, I did not want ST back.

Aside from the fact that I don't like the guys politics and the fact that he puts it out there, I can't see him and Ron not clashing. Hope that I am wrong.

If it is sol then I will back him and give him the chance to work his magic on the team.

I still feel slightly dissapointed it's not Adam and Tilly though. You can't beat the feeling of having one of your own though

If it's Sol, I won't be impressed and suspect that it will end in tears, but hey ho, I hope it works out.

I suspect it will end in tears too, I can't think of a single southend manager where it hasn't for some reason or another.
I think he is best placed of the candidates to bring us some joy before it does end in tears though.

Back