• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why wait to start a new club?

With 86 of the 87 council requirements now agreed on FF and 1300 houses as the reward...... The club isn't going to fold and Ron ain't going anywhere until it happens.

The only debate is how long will he stay after the big green light

For you budding chairman who want a phoenix club or just Ron out at all costs,. Your best option is to pressure the council to pass it all ASAP. Like they managed to do without any setbacks for the Seaway car park development.

Once the 3 sided stadium is under way you can make a decent offer to Ron and then develop it how you want. With perhaps the mythical sugar daddy for the main stand. After all the club is worthless and has been for a long before Ron arrived. Its the land that holds all the value and small percentage that the Stadium will be on could almost be donated to AFC Southend or whatever you plan to name yourselves.

In the meantime focus your anger on Sainsbury's or the council rather than the trust. The trust haven't spent years making mugs of us fans the other two have.
I'm sure J Sainsbury's have an agenda point on their monthly board meetings - "how to continue making mugs out of SUFC"! I'm amazed that you can list JS, and the Council - but not Ron?

Talking of AFC Wimbledon......It is amazing how they won The F A Cup years before they were even formed!!!!

Too early for this thread! Its pointless and we wont ever have to start a new southend united! If Ron was to sell we would have lots of interested parties and we live in probably one of the best catchment areas for a football club!

With 86 of the 87 council requirements now agreed on FF and 1300 houses as the reward......
Reward for who ? It's not SUFC !
The club isn't going to fold and Ron ain't going anywhere until it happens.
Isn't it going to fold ? The continued financials issues don't give you the slightest concern ?
Perhaps that question should be put to him ? What are his plans ? and where does that leave SUFC ?
For you budding chairman who want a phoenix club or just Ron out at all costs,. Your best option is to pressure the council to pass it all ASAP. Like they managed to do without any setbacks for the Seaway car park development.
They're not going to listen to little old me. It would need to be a team effort, I think.
Once the 3 sided stadium is under way you can make a decent offer to Ron and then develop it how you want. With perhaps the mythical sugar daddy for the main stand. After all the club is worthless and has been for a long before Ron arrived. Its the land that holds all the value and small percentage that the Stadium will be on could almost be donated to AFC Southend or whatever you plan to name yourselves.
I don't have the wealth to make an offer, i'm afraid. Was it worthless before he arrived ? A club that had substantial assets with the potential to be transformed into a new stadium and approx 1,300 homes ? Sounds quite lucrative !
In the meantime focus your anger on Sainsbury's or the council rather than the trust. The trust haven't spent years making mugs of us fans the other two have.
Why Sainsbury's ? Do we know it was them that dropped the deal, or did Ron mess the deal up ? In my opinion (and it's just an friendly opinion), the Trust have been too soft on Ron. That's why other factions (ie SUISA, SOS etc) have been set up to stand up to him more. But I suppose that's for the Trust and it's members to sort out.

If Ron was to sell we would have lots of interested parties and we live in probably one of the best catchment areas for a football club!
Would we ? How can you be sure ? A huge catchment area, but many support London clubs and pop over to little old SUFC when it suits them.

Swear some people on here actually get off on us actually going out of business. Any new club WILL NOT be the club we have all loved for all these years and to even be considering this whilst we are still going is unbelievable. We won’t go out of business regardless our situation is very different to that of Bury etc where our owner actually puts hundreds of thousands of pounds every single season in to keep us afloat whereas the bury owner was taking every penny out. Yes he hasn’t made the right decisions on a lot of occasions but under no circumstances do I believe he wants the club to fail. He backs every single manager we have. I am genuinely shocked that people are even thinking about a Phoenix club.

Maybe those that want can **** off and create a Phoenix club and fund it, so we can
@ the money they don’t put in each year.

No Phoenix club with be Southend.
Only club to do that successfully was Wimbledon but very different circumstances.

Maybe those that want can **** off and create a Phoenix club and fund it, so we can
@ the money they don’t put in each year.

No Phoenix club with be Southend.
Only club to do that successfully was Wimbledon but very different circumstances.
Vic Jobson wanted us to move to Milton Keynes before Wimbledon did.

Swear some people on here actually get off on us actually going out of business. Any new club WILL NOT be the club we have all loved for all these years and to even be considering this whilst we are still going is unbelievable. We won’t go out of business regardless our situation is very different to that of Bury etc where our owner actually puts hundreds of thousands of pounds every single season in to keep us afloat whereas the bury owner was taking every penny out. Yes he hasn’t made the right decisions on a lot of occasions but under no circumstances do I believe he wants the club to fail. He backs every single manager we have. I am genuinely shocked that people are even thinking about a Phoenix club.
Yes he backs the manager with players who 30 plus with injury issues who no other clubs want!

Hardly call that backing.

Last edited:
With 86 of the 87 council requirements now agreed on FF and 1300 houses as the reward...... The club isn't going to fold and Ron ain't going anywhere until it happens.

All of that and still not one single ounce of criticism for Ron (relegations are always managers fault, debt is down to greedy players and demanding fans, court appearances are down to HMRC unjustly wanting what is owed and the 20 year delay on delivering a new stadium is down to the council, Sainsburys, price of steel etc but definitely not anything to do with the supposed property developer owner of SUFC?)-

I wonder what possible reason is that you never ever criticise anything Ron does eh??

Lends the club more like, raised on the assets we once had, then adds it to our debt to saddle us even deeper in the doggie stuff and puts any potentially interested party off, not that he would even entertain such a thought as outside help.

FC United of Southend ……..

Nah, we need to go the American route and have something far more catchy IMHO. The Southend Sharks, Roots Hall Raptors or The Essex Executioners. Something along those lines.

Seattle have quite a popular football team (albeit American football), maybe we can piggyback off of their franchise. Southend Seahawks has a ring to it.

Nah, we need to go the American route and have something far more catchy IMHO. The Southend Sharks, Roots Hall Raptors or The Essex Executioners. Something along those lines.

Seattle have quite a popular football team (albeit American football), maybe we can piggyback off of their franchise. Southend Seahawks has a ring to it.
We’d run into difficulties with Intellectual Property if we tried that…. so it would need to Thames Estuary Galacticos.

(FWIW this would also be an issue if we form a club before SUFC actually ceased trading - we probably couldn’t call it United or wear blue).

Reactions: GBJ

Putins Assasins or Validmir's Cutthroats would be more apt for you.

Reactions: GBJ
Vic Jobson wanted us to move to Milton Keynes before Wimbledon did.

I don't think he ever wanted to move us out of Southend. I think he threatened in order to try and force the council to back him.

Before going down that route, wouldn't a protest against RM be the prefered option for supporters ?

Back