• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why wait to start a new club?

Before going down that route, wouldn't a protest against RM be the prefered option for supporters ?
Has to be the first option before a phoenix club is considered. You have to fight for the existing club whilst it's still in existence.

Has to be the first option before a phoenix club is considered. You have to fight for the existing club whilst it's still in existence.
I think the next Zoom meeting will be very telling. If we hear the same old waffle regarding "stadium in imminent" etc then I think the supporters will rise up.

I think the next Zoom meeting will be very telling. If we hear the same old waffle regarding "stadium in imminent" etc then I think the supporters will rise up.
I think if the results get worse and no new stadium progress then I can see fans rising up. Good old ronnie been getting away with it for quite some time now.

All of that and still not one single ounce of criticism for Ron (relegations are always managers fault, debt is down to greedy players and demanding fans, court appearances are down to HMRC unjustly wanting what is owed and the 20 year delay on delivering a new stadium is down to the council, Sainsburys, price of steel etc but definitely not anything to do with the supposed property developer owner of SUFC?)-

I wonder what possible reason is that you never ever criticise anything Ron does eh??

They say that love is blind.

There's been much talk on here on various threads about starting a phoenix club when the time comes, and many people won't attend games as they don't want to give RM any more money...

So why wait for the apparent inevitability of SUFC failing before starting a rival club?

I'm sure people can put a few quid in to get funded, approach someone like Southend Manor or, more ambitiously, clubs like Basildon/Canvey/Bowers or Concord to ground share, and then there is something in place that can move much more quickly if need be.

It would also give a focus for people to do something meaningful and something would be happening behind the scenes that RM had no control over.

Just a thought.
Let’s do this. Happy to donate to the cause.

I don't think we're at this stage quite yet.
How low do we need to sink before you would consider that we are at that stage? The reality is we’re prime candidates for part-time football next season. We’re also in an abusive relationship with an owner who cannot leave the club without ruining himself financially and we have debts running into millions. What exactly are you trying to salvage? It’s gone.

When is that stage, then ? Trinity away at Garons in the Sceptre League ?
Lets be honest, that fixture is equally as mouth watering as solihull moors away.....

What a **** show this all is. :(

I miss league 2 even if it was cack.

How low do we need to sink before you would consider that we are at that stage? The reality is we’re prime candidates for part-time football next season. We’re also in an abusive relationship with an owner who cannot leave the club without ruining himself financially and we have debts running into millions. What exactly are you trying to salvage? It’s gone.
I don't disagree with what you say but if a new club were to be formed now it would split the fanbase. We need ALL supporters to be right behind the new club or it won't work and right now people aren't disillusioned enough.

If we are still in the bottom three in February then that would be the time to form a new club ready for next season. In fact, why not form it anyway on the basis that if things improve with the 1906 version of the club it can be disbanded.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with what you say but if a new club were to be formed now it would split the fanbase. We need ALL supporters to be right behind the new club or it won't work and right now people aren't disillusioned enough.

If we are still in the bottom three in February then that would be the time to form a new club ready for next season. In fact, why not form it anyway on the basis that if things improve with the 1906 version of the club it can be disbanded.
I think everyone is disillusioned. The problem is that phoenix clubs only really start when the original club goes under; hence the name.

We however are not in danger of going under.

This is why the situation is so bizarre. Financially Ron has - to date (and will continue I'm sure) - ensured we stay out of administration.

No-one - including Ron as well I expect - actually likes what is going on. But nothing ever changes. We are diving toward National South.

Southend United in it's current guise still holds the history, it still exists, it still has the ground and the fanbase. But I'm really not sure what it will take to get us out of this. We've changed the manager, the players... we can't change the owner as that is not in our remit. But these players are decent enough and are not performing. The Kings Lynn match, first half v Wealdstone, second half v Stockport and the Wrexham game - whilst not being world beating - were a million miles away from the rubbish that has been served up over the last 4 matches. I said after Aldershot the players didn't look like they were playing for the manager and I stand by that statement.

Brown out! No idea who would come in, but even if Craig Fagan took over, I'd bet we'd see a positive change.

I think everyone is disillusioned. The problem is that phoenix clubs only really start when the original club goes under; hence the name.

We however are not in danger of going under.

This is why the situation is so bizarre. Financially Ron has - to date (and will continue I'm sure) - ensured we stay out of administration.

No-one - including Ron as well I expect - actually likes what is going on. But nothing ever changes. We are diving toward National South.

Southend United in it's current guise still holds the history, it still exists, it still has the ground and the fanbase. But I'm really not sure what it will take to get us out of this. We've changed the manager, the players... we can't change the owner as that is not in our remit. But these players are decent enough and are not performing. The Kings Lynn match, first half v Wealdstone, second half v Stockport and the Wrexham game - whilst not being world beating - were a million miles away from the rubbish that has been served up over the last 4 matches. I said after Aldershot the players didn't look like they were playing for the manager and I stand by that statement.

Brown out! No idea who would come in, but even if Craig Fagan took over, I'd bet we'd see a positive change.
The cinic in me says they've not been paid on time

Back