• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you be buying the new home kit

• Yes

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 177 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I might've considered it if the price was closer to £25... which was never going to happen. I wasn't going to get a shirt last season until we got to Wembley, seeing as I'd got one the previous year. Three shirts in successive seasons is expensive.

Having said that I've had probably got the kit if the design was going to be very memorable, such as the custard splat or the unofficial 'waves' design. A price increase for that wouldn't have seemed as so much of a kick in the teeth.

I might've considered it if the price was closer to £25... which was never going to happen. I wasn't going to get a shirt last season until we got to Wembley, seeing as I'd got one the previous year. Three shirts in successive seasons is expensive.

Having said that I've had probably got the kit if the design was going to be very memorable, such as the custard splat or the unofficial 'waves' design. A price increase for that wouldn't have seemed as so much of a kick in the teeth.
you aint wrong there fella:thumbsup:

I'm not buying one, but I think people need to get a grip here. Haven't the shirts been £40 for a number of years now? Hardly surprising there's been an increase, and I'm quite sure this is down to the SHOP and not the club.

At the moment I am saying no however, as always I probably will be buying it. A bit tad expensive though.
Anyone know if they are doing a ladies cut one? it makes such a difference

I'm not buying one, but I think people need to get a grip here. Haven't the shirts been £40 for a number of years now? Hardly surprising there's been an increase, and I'm quite sure this is down to the SHOP and not the club.

£42.50 is wrong with the state of our club and the fact that we're still not out of a recession. People have to prioritise and we should be looking to help but lower prices and selling more. £30 would be fine, why can't we put it up at that?

Lol 89% saying no so far. Club fail. A few seasons ago, we were given a voting option. One of the best ideas the club (Tara?) had implemented, to interact with fans, for years.

I am not concerned about the price increase, as they have been 40 for the last few years.

However in the pictures it just looks like a training shirt. I have bought a shirt for my son and I every season for the last 7 or 8 years.

I hope the away shirt is something special

Just had a look around at other clubs prices, most have gone up to £45-£50 across all brands/clubs. Some premier league clubs have gone to £55!

In the grand scheme of things the shirts have been £40 for over 10 years, inflation has gone up, VAT went up etc petrol has gone up, everything has gone up, so it was only a matter of time before shirts eventually went us. Zone always goes mad when shirts go out and people moan and buy it anyway.

What was the poll like for the voltage cherry kit (pretty sure there was one). It's all about having something a bit different... and this ain't it!

Dullest shirt in the universe. I have lots of blue T shirts already.

So no.

Not sure I follow the logic in any of that.

Why would it be cheaper because it is all one colour?

Why is it less of a kit, doesnt it have arms?

Why would they sell it cheaper? Thats the going price all clubs are paying and isnt set by the club so why boycott it and do the club even more damage?

nothing to do with the color , its the fact they have tried to trick a deceive us , lets face it , its a £12 kit at best , why does is warrant more money ?

as for the design and choice in shirt i don't mind it , its minimalist , just like wolves

After all the designs on the other thread( especially the non Nike ones),and we end up with this boring overpriced s…t. I won't be buying:nope:

In buying kit for a team from a local supplier I was going to buy this shirt as training kit and was offered it at £12 a shirt and £5 to badge/logo it to the same standard as SUFC, no doubt they get it cheaper so there are considerable margins here. I was going to buy it as it was the cheapest in the Nike range, but the guy at the shop pointed out the poor quality, showed me more expensive samples and pushed me to adidas who were much better quality for the same price. I'm not suggesting weswitch brand, we just won't shift shirts at that price.

£42.50 is wrong with the state of our club and the fact that we're still not out of a recession. People have to prioritise and we should be looking to help but lower prices and selling more. £30 would be fine, why can't we put it up at that?

The club haven't set the price. Either way, the whole point of releasing a new kit is to make money.

The kit is £2.50 more than the price I paid for the last kit I bought (06/07). Thats just inflation.

Not buying, but i doubt i would have anyway as generally stick to the polo shirts these days.
It's not exactly an inspiring kit, but no doubt there will still be plenty of takers for it once the season is up and running, even amongst those saying no at the current moment.

Back