• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you be buying the new home kit

• Yes

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 177 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't understand why everyone is getting the hump about the price - it's always been around £40, so £42.50 is harldy a great leap! Yes it's cheaper to buy the plain shirt and get it printed up yourself (if you are seriously that sad), but again that's always been the case.

As for it being a cheap quality, well it might be one of the cheaper kits in the Nike catalogue this year, but i can guarantee the quality will be far superior to some of our pre-Nike kits. Yes we did pay £40 for a "Sho" branded navy kit, with 4 stripes down the side (MD sponsored one)!! Much better value here.

And for those complaining about the price of the kids kits etc... I know when i was a kid, i used to live in my football kits, and looking at kids these days, it seems that is still the case, so in terms of value for money, or indeed cost per wear, it's probably the cheapest item in the kids wardrobe.

The club haven't set the price. Either way, the whole point of releasing a new kit is to make money.

The kit is £2.50 more than the price I paid for the last kit I bought (06/07). Thats just inflation.

Well, I do 't see them raising much from this!

Just ordered my sons kit - £57.00 including postage as i cant get to the meet the blues day. Dont bother with the socks as i can buy some white nike socks in sports direct for half the price.

It's rubbish, it costs too much money and I don't buy football shirts any longer. Would rather have other club merchandise.

As for it being a cheap quality, well it might be one of the cheaper kits in the Nike catalogue this year, but i can guarantee the quality will be far superior to some of our pre-Nike kits. Yes we did pay £40 for a "Sho" branded navy kit, with 4 stripes down the side (MD sponsored one)!! Much better value here.

I will agree with Shags on the quality of Nike kits. We have always used Nike kits at SZFC, and they tend to last very well

Well lets hope that the 88% is not representitive of the fan base. Or that is a lot of home shirts going unsold this season. Looking like a big fail by the club at this stage.

Just a recycled version of several kits we have worn over the last few years or so. Just who exactly is responsible for the design of these shirts? It looks like it has been cobbled together in somebody's lunch hour and is an absolutely abysmal kit. The club should be asking themselves serious questions if this is the best we can come up with I feel. There will be people who buy it regardless but I will certainly not be one of them and with money short for most ATM, Ron, the merchandisers and the commercial department should cat inlay not bank on people just buying it out of loyalty simply because it is what our team will be wearing next season. The fans know tat when they see it and this is tat of the worst kind.

£42.50 for a league 2 shirt, seriously????????

Especially considering its the worst shirt in years! boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think alot of fans will stick with the shirts they already have from the past 2-3 seasons, im just gutted i sold mine on ebay some 3 weeks ago, i certainly wont be paying £42.50.

Well lets hope that the 88% is not representitive of the fan base. Or that is a lot of home shirts going unsold this season. Looking like a big fail by the club at this stage.

137 lost potential customers.

in an average crowd of say 5,000 that's 4400 not buying it.

It’s a no for me purely because the shirt is bland from a design perspective. Don’t mind the plain colour, but if you’re going to do that you need to make use of differences in cut or materials to give it some interest. This one doesn’t have anything going for it at all. I agree with the majority about the price, it’s set at a level that’s comparable to other clubs so I have no gripe.

It’s a shame about it overall, I would have bought a new shirt this season as my current one getting old now. Fingers are firmly crossed that the away shirt is spectacular by comparison.

I have bought the home shirt every year for several years now. However this season I will not be paying over £40 for a blue tshirt with an insure and go sticker on it along with a couple of embroided logos. Absolute rip off!!

37 potential customers that the club have missed out on there so far. Which if the kit was decent then that'd be £1572.50

Not necessarily. How many of those 37 wouldn't have bought one anyway? The real question is how many people who usually buy a shirt have recently (after seeing the design/price) decided not to?

I suspect there are a lot of people that are so disillusioned with the club at the moment that they wouldn't buy a shirt regardless of the design/price.

i think alot of fans will stick with the shirts they already have from the past 2-3 seasons, im just gutted i sold mine on ebay some 3 weeks ago, i certainly wont be paying £42.50.

I've still rocking my Barrett shirt from about 6 years ago. Old Skool innit!

The club haven't set the price. Either way, the whole point of releasing a new kit is to make money.

The kit is £2.50 more than the price I paid for the last kit I bought (06/07). Thats just inflation.

Actually, it's gone up by less than inflation...

Don't normally buy the actual kit shirts. I tend to stick with Polo Shirts and training tops.

Don't understand why everyone is getting the hump about the price - it's always been around £40, so £42.50 is harldy a great leap! Yes it's cheaper to buy the plain shirt and get it printed up yourself (if you are seriously that sad), but again that's always been the case.

And for those complaining about the price of the kids kits etc... I know when i was a kid, i used to live in my football kits, and looking at kids these days, it seems that is still the case, so in terms of value for money, or indeed cost per wear, it's probably the cheapest item in the kids wardrobe.

Indeed. As soon as my son gets home from school he puts his Southend United kit on. He's only four. I have to buy him a new one this season because my wife is a Spurs fan, and he's already asked for a Spurs kit for next season. I can't let that happen.

Back