• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you be going to the Hall for the Scunthorpe game?

Will you be going to the Hall for the Scunthorpe game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Presuming the club will be posting paper tickets for these two upcoming home matches. Hopefully they do it soon given that there are always postal delays during the Christmas period.

We expect the stadium compliance and approval to be concluded by the middle of next week (w/c 7th December) in readiness for ticket sales for the Scunthorpe United game on the 12th December.

Lets hope this "next week" isn't the same as "next spring" or "a phone call tomorrow".

What date are the remaining Tickets going on sale?
Don't think they have given a new date yet have they?
Will have to see how next week's SAG ground inspection turns out. They did say that 'should' be sorted by the middle of next week, so maybe tickets on sale Thursday or Friday.

I suppose there is the chance of the Scunthorpe game going ahead without fans or a with lower amount than the proposed 2,000.

For anyone who has not seen this evening's e-mail to season ticket holders:

Dear Blues supporter,

Following discussions with the local Safety Advisory Group, tickets for Southend United upcoming games will not go on sale until all relevant checks have been completed by the SAG group mainly in relation to the procedures around the COVID protocols – which have been affected by the announcement last week.

We expect the stadium compliance and approval to be concluded by the middle of next week (w/c 7th December) in readiness for ticket sales for the Scunthorpe United game on the 12th December.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you to Roots Hall in a safe manner.

More information on fans returning can be found here.
That's going to be a tight window of opportunity for tickets, Season card holders and buyers. What could possibly go wrong

If Basildon, Laindon, Pitsea etc slip into tier 3 that could free up a few tickets. I’ll still be amazed if they stick any on general sale.

If Basildon, Laindon, Pitsea etc slip into tier 3 that could free up a few tickets. I’ll still be amazed if they stick any on general sale.
Tier 3 would be for the whole of Essex without exception—not individual towns or areas.

Tier 3 would be for the whole of Essex without exception—not individual towns or areas.
So that would rule out boxing day unless you live in a different area?
I know it wouldn't happen but how many seasos could actually attend?

Oh has that been confirmed? I know Slough have been separated from the rest of Berkshire.
Don't think that's been said either, and with the example of Slough and Berks then it looks like unitary authorities will retain recognition of tiers like last time.

Presuming the club will be posting paper tickets for these two upcoming home matches. Hopefully they do it soon given that there are always postal delays during the Christmas period.

Not only are there usually delays during the run up to Christmas, but it seems to me that deliveries have been pretty haphazard throughout the Covid period. I get the impression mail is often being collated by Royal Mail and delivered every few days. If this is indeed the case and the club have to wait until the middle of the week for SAG approval before despatching tickets, I fear many may not receive them in time for next Saturday's game.

Not only are there usually delays during the run up to Christmas, but it seems to me that deliveries have been pretty haphazard throughout the Covid period. I get the impression mail is often being collated by Royal Mail and delivered every few days. If this is indeed the case and the club have to wait until the middle of the week for SAG approval before despatching tickets, I fear many may not receive them in time for next Saturday's game.
I think you will find they will email you your ticket.

I'd love to go, but I'd have to travel up from London taking at least 1 tube and another train, or 2 trains. And I simply don't feel that part of it is at all safe currently. If it's managed right, the stadium itself would be the least risky thing.

It looks like it will be a while before I'll be back at Roots Hall. Which breaks my heart a bit.

Not sure about that, what happens if you don't have printer?
Assuming you have a smartphone and an email address but no printer, you take the phone to the game. I am assuming there will be some physical presence at the turnstiles to check your temperature, so I am sure there will be some method of showing the "electronic ticket". You could also download the ticket to your phone and scan that at the ground.
I know a West Ham fan and the lucky ones in their ballot received their tickets by email.
I'm sure all will be revealed shortly and we won't have to rely on the vagaries of the Royal Mail service.

Last edited:
I thought the e-ticket option at Southend worked for a few games about 3 years ago. Not seen that as an option for ages now.

I thought the e-ticket option at Southend worked for a few games about 3 years ago. Not seen that as an option for ages now.
As a season ticket holder who does not have a smartphone or a printer how would I gain entry to the game without a paper ticket?.

As a season ticket holder who does not have a smartphone or a printer how would I gain entry to the game without a paper ticket?.
I am sure you won't be neglected. I would imagine we will be emailed a form this week (we being season ticket holders) which will include questions such as how do you want to receive your ticket, and most importantly, do you actually want a ticket. They must do this early on if they want to maximise any income they can accrue from the game, as they can adjust the number of non-season ticket holding fans who would need to pay for the game.

This is what I expect to happen. I am just applying common sense to this process, and have no definitive proof that it will (before any negative doom-merchants come on here and say, "but what if" or "I doubt they will do that" etc etc).

Still wondering how Ron is going to get all the logistics sorted for next Saturday.

He's got no CEO, Club Secretary or ticket office manager to pull things together.

Back