• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2017

Well.... this is awkward!

Not really, a shame Murray is out - clearly not been at 100% this tournament and it all fell apart this afternoon.

Let's hope our British national treasure Jo Konta can do the business tomorrow.

Typical of my luck. I have tickets for the mens' semis on Friday!

And what's worse is that I can't watch the womens' final on Saturday because I'm lighting the matinee of my wife's operatic society's show, and I fully expect Konta to win tomorrow...

i'll be honest LB, many years ago I won debenture tickets for centre court final re Zena Garrison v Martini N, who then won a record title and wish I had given them to a fan of tennis

Overpriced on strawberries and merchandise and really thought it was shabby, this was before Court No 1 had been rebuilt

Enjoyed the outer courts more, but was very disappointed with centre court and the final was disappointing as poor Garrison froze on the day, as said not a tennis fan so maybe this is why

UTS

I'd agree with this.

The problem with Wimbledon is the people it attracts. The outer courts are ok, but the main courts and above all Henman Hill/Murray Mount:stunned:

And what's worse is that I can't watch the womens' final on Saturday because I'm lighting the matinee of my wife's operatic society's show, and I fully expect Konta to win tomorrow...

Can't you just employ a youth, a can of petrol, and a box of Swan Vesta?

Ok just to put somethings right in regards to Konta. Firstly she has never Australia at Tennis only GB in the Fed Cup. Secondly As previously stated she was outside the top 200 and was the UK number 4 or 5 and in fact less than 2 years ago she was still outside the World top 100. And thirdly she got a passport when she was 20 due to the fact that you have to be of residence in the UK for 6 years before you can apply for citizenship which she achieved at that stage.

Rant over

You'll probably get what should have been the final, Djokovic v Feds. Can't see Querry or Cilic even bothering those two on Sunday.

Couple of points.

Players don't represent countries at Wimbledon. They represent themselves. The country doesn't win anything, the player does.

Whether Konta is British is irrelevant. The winner of Wimbledon will be remembered as who they are (e.g. Federer is remembered for being himself, not for representing Switzerland).

Secondly, I think Konta will go on to win this.

She's had two epic battles : Halep and Vekic.

Both she has brought herself back from the brink of defeat, to gain victory. Qualities that will see her through to the title.

Yeah Feds for me too.

Surely a record 8th Wimbledon title is on the cards now. Personally I want him to go on and do it.

All eyes on Konta though. First time in ages, I'm more excited about the Women's final than the Men's final.

Back