• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not too good granted but there's no need to be such a drama queen.

Sorry - what I meant to say was that all is rosy, the manager and players should be roundly applauded for their recent efforts, and we are absolutely not facing a relegation battle.

Is that more palatable for you?

Sorry - what I meant to say was that all is rosy, the manager and players should be roundly applauded for their recent efforts, and we are absolutely not facing a relegation battle.

Is that more palatable for you?

I'd go for 'bit of a joke' rather than '****ing disgrace'. And I've seen us in far more dire straits than these so while I'm by no means happy with the current situation (Monday's result has me thinking we are now in a relegation scrap), I wouldn't go overboard yet.

I'd go for 'bit of a joke' rather than '****ing disgrace'. And I've seen us in far more dire straits than these so while I'm by no means happy with the current situation (Monday's result has me thinking we are now in a relegation scrap), I wouldn't go overboard yet.

All subjective in a way - one man’s crisis is another man’s ‘blip’.
I happen to feel that the discipline exhibited by our players both on and off the pitch this season (Timlin, Ranger and now Wordsworth), coupled with a manager who himself has a penchant for very publicly courting any job that comes along and has even admitted to losing the dressing room is making us an already bigger laughing stock than the idea of a testimonial for Kevin Maher in Fossetts Farm by the end of this decade.

It isn’t as if these indiscretions have been minor either - fraud, drink driving and assault of a policeman ffs - as if this club needs any more negative press and distractions from matters on the field.

download.png
y3VAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The statement “a fish rots from the head down” means that leadership is the root cause of an organizations failure and demise.

So far this season we've had;

- a near unplayable pitch. Due to the fact that Ron sacked the excellent, proven, long serving, fan of the club, groundsman.

- a player starting the season behind bars, due to scamming an old lady out of her savings.

- the continued hyperbole regarding a new football stadium, with absolutely no visible progress.

- every "big name" summer signing, spending extended spells on the injury shelf

- our worst first half of a season for many years, which have involved several heavy defeats

- a manager who (may or may not own shares in the club, and may or may not want to be sacked) has lost the support of seemingly everyone, apart from the owner of the club

- first round elimination from the League & F.A. cups. Again

- and now a player admitting to assaulting old bill, which happened when on the lash, after one of those heavy defeats

Did I miss anything? At what point does this stop becoming a football club, and becomes the reboot of Footballers wives?

-Ranger being left behind by the team coach because he was late AGAIN.

-Brown saying Ranger was ill and dropped for a recent away game (can't remember which) yet Ranger was seen in Southend Highstreet christmas shopping that afternoon.

All subjective in a way - one man’s crisis is another man’s ‘blip’.
I happen to feel that the discipline exhibited by our players both on and off the pitch this season (Timlin, Ranger and now Wordsworth), coupled with a manager who himself has a penchant for very publicly courting any job that comes along and has even admitted to losing the dressing room is making us an already bigger laughing stock than the idea of a testimonial for Kevin Maher in Fossetts Farm by the end of this decade.

It isn’t as if these indiscretions have been minor either - fraud, drink driving and assault of a policeman ffs - as if this club needs any more negative press and distractions from matters on the field.

That's all before you even talk about the sentencing of fans following the Cambridge fans injuries. It's not been a good PR season all round.

Starts with the discipline or lack of it from the manager

He never disciplined Timlin properly when he should have been booted out of the club, never supported Wordsworth when his brother passed away and instead chose to publicly say "He needs to sort his head out" and barely supported the poor guy.

I think Ron sets the example on this subject. Had plenty of issues with players when Sturrock was manager too. Unfortunately Ron is a terrible example when it comes to behaving like a decent man.

Writing exclusively in his monthly 'How to keep in top condition' column in the 'Health & Fitness' magazine, Wordsworth said:

"With a bit of luck I should be able to knock off the 80 hours community service on the pitch over the next 32 seasons. Boss told me that, based on Robbo's minutes on pitch/length of contract ratio, that shouldn't be a problem and he said to me "if truth be known I'm off to speak to Uncle Ron aboot it right now if truth be known if truth be known". So I'm happy and am gonna stay in the Welsh capital for a few jars to celebrate"

Note for the lawyers: caution, I suspect that the above quote is not completely accurate

Sadly it is only a matter of time before one of our players is indicted for crimes against humanity.

So far this season we've had;

- a near unplayable pitch. Due to the fact that Ron sacked the excellent, proven, long serving, fan of the club, groundsman.

- a player starting the season behind bars, due to scamming an old lady out of her savings.

- the continued hyperbole regarding a new football stadium, with absolutely no visible progress.

- every "big name" summer signing, spending extended spells on the injury shelf

- our worst first half of a season for many years, which have involved several heavy defeats

- a manager who (may or may not own shares in the club, and may or may not want to be sacked) has lost the support of seemingly everyone, apart from the owner of the club

- first round elimination from the League & F.A. cups. Again

- and now a player admitting to assaulting old bill, which happened when on the lash, after one of those heavy defeats

Did I miss anything? At what point does this stop becoming a football club, and becomes the reboot of Footballers wives?

The ridiculous effort a the mighty riiiccaayyy

Waste of space, both him and Ramger should be fired. The club looks weak tolerating these antics

New contract on more money my arse

The ridiculous effort a the mighty riiiccaayyy

Yep. And to think, people mocked back then, completely playing down the game.

Of course, the importance of ESL games are almost non-existent, but the manor of the performance really was the writing on the wall

Waste of space, both him and Ranger should be fired. The club looks weak tolerating these antics

New contract on more money my arse

Really? Seems an awful lot of hypocrisy on here, this is a one off incident, undoubtedly the result of too much to drink at the club's Christmas do. There's a reason they choose to go far away from "home" for these, unfortunately something has happened here which has triggered this. No doubt he's been a very silly boy but don't forget "assaulting a police officer" can actually be something quite minor. It's nothing like the same as Ranger, Clohessy or even Timlin.

Ranger, Inniss, Timlin, Anton Ferdinand, Wordsworth.

All seems a long way from the days of Jemal Johnson.

Really? Seems an awful lot of hypocrisy on here, this is a one off incident, undoubtedly the result of too much to drink at the club's Christmas do. There's a reason they choose to go far away from "home" for these, unfortunately something has happened here which has triggered this. Don't forget "assaulting a police officer" can actually be something quite minor. It's nothing like the same as Ranger, Clohessy or even Timlin.

Oh come on OBL how can assaulting a copper be minor? a slap,punch or butt he still laid a hand on a law upholder and that is illegal.

Oh come on OBL how can assaulting a copper be minor? a slap,punch or butt he still laid a hand on a law upholder and that is illegal.

Apparently he dipped a toe in, rather than give anyone a good shoeing.

Back