• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There has been some talk of a new song at RH when the teams come out. At Scunny they had Sham 69 'If the kids are united'. At Wimbledon they had another punk classic The Ramones 'Blitzkrieg Bop'.

So on the note for Southend United it has to be The Clash 'I fought the Law'

More Clash 'I really don't like him', 'Sack Phil Brown now, Sack Phil Brown now.'

In terms of offences whilst actually at the club as opposed to previously I suspect there are many worse clubs and more serious offences..footballers are generally a high risk group due to time on their hands/ money/ inability to cope with 'attention' that comes with being a professional footballer etc. etc.

Of course its the nature of this great country that we love others to be "disciplined"/to be sacked/ to be shown out of a job, club, country. Oh except family, oh and people we like..

If Wordy had punched the nice police person he would not of got of so lightly- not sure of the facts of the case but sounds like grabbing/shoving/knocking the hat off..

Brown will not go before the end of season or very near to, a la Sturrock, and then only if things are far more dire than they are now. And my guess is things will get better not worse (whether better enough for playoffs not impossible- see Bristol City- but unlikely).

In the meantime supporting the team will be a far more effective than not..

In terms of offences whilst actually at the club as opposed to previously I suspect there are many worse clubs and more serious offences..footballers are generally a high risk group due to time on their hands/ money/ inability to cope with 'attention' that comes with being a professional footballer etc. etc.

Of course its the nature of this great country that we love others to be "disciplined"/to be sacked/ to be shown out of a job, club, country. Oh except family, oh and people we like..

If Wordy had punched the nice police person he would not of got of so lightly- not sure of the facts of the case but sounds like grabbing/shoving/knocking the hat off..

Brown will not go before the end of season or very near to, a la Sturrock, and then only if things are far more dire than they are now. And my guess is things will get better not worse (whether better enough for playoffs not impossible- see Bristol City- but unlikely).

In the meantime supporting the team will be a far more effective than not..
The play offs - are you have a laugh - we have 31 points with 20 games to go. We would need around 45 points more to get in the play offs, 15 wins from 20, it is not going to happen!

In the 70s ,the fans caused trouble.
It seems nowadays ,fans are good and the players cause trouble.
Also in the 70s,assulting a police officer was a automatic prison sentence...so i was told

In the 70s ,the fans caused trouble.
It seems nowadays ,fans are good and the players cause trouble.
Also in the 70s,assulting a police officer was a automatic prison sentence...so i was told

Big Sergeant Bill Gosling sat on me once on a Bank Holiday Monday outside the Kursaal, Lol, before driving me to Thorpe Bay and making me walk all the way back to Leigh, after taking my laces from my Doc Martins. He had ways of dealing with the youth of the day, including a clip around the ear, or even a soft punch to the head or stomach. Funny enough, we would all rather that than getting charged or a record or written caution. So we liked Big Bill. It did make me laugh that some police got physical in the Seventies, but if you did the same to them you would end up in prison.

The play offs - are you have a laugh - we have 31 points with 20 games to go. We would need around 45 points more to get in the play offs, 15 wins from 20, it is not going to happen!

I did say unlikely..

I presume he means supporting the team in the relegation battle we're in.

I'm going to go against the grain on this one;

I like Wordsworth, both as a footballer and person, he's got personality, he's a bit of a 'lad' !! So, he's messed up, but who really knows the full story? Even if he is bang to rights, we all make mistakes. (and everyone knows, all coppers are bar-stewards!!)

Also seems to be a lot of people on here with short memories who've forgotten that he put in plenty of shifts last campaign and was instrumental in our push for the playoffs last season, and quite possibly if it wasn't for his injuries things could have turned out a lot different.

He's off form, but apart from Lenny and the Ox who isn't? Any talk of sacking him is ridiculous. I still reckon he'll come good this season, and I hope the fans get behind him and the rest of the team, anything different is counter-productive.

Give the kid a break, he's had a hard time of late and needs support, not vitriol !

I'm going to go against the grain on this one;

I like Wordsworth, both as a footballer and person, he's got personality, he's a bit of a 'lad' !! So, he's messed up, but who really knows the full story? Even if he is bang to rights, we all make mistakes. (and everyone knows, all coppers are bar-stewards!!)

Also seems to be a lot of people on here with short memories who've forgotten that he put in plenty of shifts last campaign and was instrumental in our push for the playoffs last season, and quite possibly if it wasn't for his injuries things could have turned out a lot different.

He's off form, but apart from Lenny and the Ox who isn't? Any talk of sacking him is ridiculous. I still reckon he'll come good this season, and I hope the fans get behind him and the rest of the team, anything different is counter-productive.

Give the kid a break, he's had a hard time of late and needs support, not vitriol !

I don't see how he can come good if not having the necessary rest to cure his calf injury. We all know he's a great player when fully fit, but at the moment the opposition is streaming past him in midfield.

Big Sergeant Bill Gosling sat on me once on a Bank Holiday Monday outside the Kursaal, Lol, before driving me to Thorpe Bay and making me walk all the way back to Leigh, after taking my laces from my Doc Martins. He had ways of dealing with the youth of the day, including a clip around the ear, or even a soft punch to the head or stomach. Funny enough, we would all rather that than getting charged or a record or written caution. So we liked Big Bill. It did make me laugh that some police got physical in the Seventies, but if you did the same to them you would end up in prison.[/QUOTE

I remember Bill Gosling only too well. The scourge of youth and hated and respected in equal measure. You would have to get up early to pull one over on him. I begrudgingly liked him.

I remember Neil Freeman getting done down in Torquay for relieving himself in a public place after we won promotion in 77-78. Then, when he finished playing he became a copper......now that really is tacking the pi$$.

Back