• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

It clearly shows that Prittlewell station is pretty much bang in the middle. It's not much further, walking from the station than roots hall currently
Its the new travel concept of an airpirt that excites me :ROFL:

It seems we now have a complete bowl where all of the stands are the same size. I was still under the assumption that the main stand would still stand taller than the rest. Is that no longer the case?
I did notice a picture still on the site that contradicts others. The 'stadium inside' shows lots of glass windows on the stand under the flats, but the 'bowl' doesn't. I suspect some of the downgrade removes this and lowers the roof?

Attachments

• C_300_BOWL_V003.jpg
    C_300_BOWL_V003.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Stadium_Inside_1.jpg
    Stadium_Inside_1.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 114
I did notice a picture still on the site that contradicts others. The 'stadium inside' shows lots of glass windows on the stand under the flats, but the 'bowl' doesn't. I suspect some of the downgrade removes this and lowers the roof?
The first is the new render, the second is an old, it just seems they haven't fully replaced all of the previous renders.

It's a shame because I like the old look!

The first is the new render, the second is an old, it just seems they haven't fully replaced all of the previous renders.

It's a shame because I like the old look!
Yeah. From those renders, it does seem quite a downward step.
Its clearly where the capacity reduction is taking place as you can see the upper seating block is removed. Doesn't look like it would be easily possible to create the later either.

Yeah. From those renders, it does seem quite a downward step
I'd assume where that is most of the attendance has been cut down from, being a 7000 drop, that was the biggest part to cut from.

I do however hope there is contingency for expansion, being a modern structure, I'd expect there to be bits in place to allow the ease of making it bigger if it ever came to it.

I'd assume where that is most of the attendance has been cut down from, being a 7000 drop, that was the biggest part to cut from.

I do however hope there is contingency for expansion, being a modern structure, I'd expect there to be bits in place to allow the ease of making it bigger if it ever came to it.
It looks like the entire stadium roof has been lowered. If they had kept the roof higher to allow the upper sections to be added later, maybe could had added if needed? Also, it looks like the flats are behind the stand rather than part of it?

I thinks it's still 3 to begin with ie so that we can vacate roots hall and then 4 sided quite quickly after that. There is too much money from housing to be made in the fourth stand not for it to be built.

That whole development looks a thing if beauty.

Correct. The 4th side has to be built as that's where all the executive boxes, banqueting halls etc. will be and that's where all the matchday AND non-matchday extra revenue will be made. The home and away dressing rooms will be located there too (temporary ones will be in the bottom left, south west corner until the north stand is built.

The north stand will also be where Ron's drinks trolley will be, so that needs a new home.

Correct. The 4th side has to be built as that's where all the executive boxes, banqueting halls etc. will be and that's where all the matchday AND non-matchday extra revenue will be made. The home and away dressing rooms will be located there too (temporary ones will be in the bottom left, south west corner until the north stand is built.

The north stand will also be where Ron's drinks trolley will be, so that needs a new home.
I thought they'd changed it to incorporate more hospitality into phase 1 (the other 3 sides) - originally there was none at all in there

It looks like the entire stadium roof has been lowered. If they had kept the roof higher to allow the upper sections to be added later, maybe could had added if needed? Also, it looks like the flats are behind the stand rather than part of it?
Yes, roof has been lowered and you can see where seats have been taken out. As has been said, I think provision for expansion and futureproofing should be put in place in case the next owner wants or needs to do so.

I'd imagine the main stand is a bit smaller too as the altered plans have spread some of the hospitality and non-matchday income-generating facilities more evenly around the stadium. Means that we're not waiting for a 4th stand with an indeterminate build date before we start making extra money/being more self-sufficient.

Is it just the opening picture of the stadium at the end? Looks quite good in that render.
Are we still starting with 3 sides or is it 4 sides from the get-go now? If the former, which stand will be missing?
Is it my eyes, or does there appear to be supporting pillars coming down from the roof of the main stand? Bloody hope not.

Is it my eyes, or does there appear to be supporting pillars coming down from the roof of the main stand? Bloody hope not.
Your eyes

The beams above would, I guess, curve down at the back to take the weight

I’m assuming the mechano-style stanchions jutting out from the top will support it enough to mean we don’t need any posts or pillars. I hope.

Let's face it RM will want to spend the very least possible on the stadium now he has all the plans passed. I expect to see many changes from the original to cut costs wherever he can.

Last edited:
Your eyes

The beams above would, I guess, curve down at the back to take the weight
ffmain.jpg
Look at the middle of the "U" and the "F" and again at the end blocks. There's definitely some sort of pillars there. You can even see the shadows casting behind on the seats?

I'm hoping that's just a **** render.

View attachment 21322
Look at the middle of the "U" and the "F" and again at the end blocks. There's definitely some sort of pillars there. You can even see the shadows casting behind on the seats?

I'm hoping that's just a **** render.
Modern structures and stadiums shouldn't need pillars, will be ****ed off if they do because sitting in the West Stand is a pain in the arse sometimes.

From where I sit, the amount of times I see the ball go towards the South Stand net and I can never see if it goes in because the keep is behind the pole.

Lets ****ing hope not.

Modern structures and stadiums shouldn't need pillars, will be ****ed off if they do because sitting in the West Stand is a pain in the arse sometimes.

From where I sit, the amount of times I see the ball go towards the South Stand net and I can never see if it goes in because the keep is behind the pole.

Lets ****ing hope not.
To be fair it's only 4 pillars. Not going to be to much of issue, it's definitely upgrade if you compare it to roots Hall. I actually like the redesign of the stadium...... looks very compact which will aid interm of generating a good atmosphere.

Back