• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The draw could of been better, could of been a lot worse so I'm quite happy with that. It also gives us a decent chance if we make it past the group stage to progress a little further as we'd be playing someone from group C.

Average temp in Manaus in June is 32°C but the humidity is very high (99%-100% from around June 9th onwards) so will be interesting for both ourselves and Italy who won't be used to these kind of conditions just as England won't be. Whatever happens playing in the World Cup in the heart of the Amazon Basin is likely to be one heck of an experience so I'm glad we're at least there to experience it rather than watching from the sidelines of a nation that didn't qualify.

What a lucky git. Hodgson couldn't have asked for a better draw. No expectation to get past group stage. I'd be tempted to leave all the experienced failures out and plan for the Euros. No Gerrard or Lampard would be a great start. Neither have set the international world on fire.

I'm genuinely excited about our Euro prospects and genuinely realistic to face the obvious. Never played CR and never beaten the others in a WC

No complaints on match times from Asia though:smile:

Australia just played Costa Rica in a friendly ,they were nothing flash, England should defeat them, against Italy they capable of winning as they are against Uruguay, i would nt be so disappointed in your draw.

I make you right on this.Watch out for Espanyol's Stuani for Uruguay.He's a useful forward.As if they didn't already have the brillant Luis Suárez.:sad:

Does he have a chance of playing? Uruguay also have Cavani, Forlan and Hernandez (not the Man U one obviously) as forward options.

With Costa Rica being the final game, can anyone see us needing a win or draw t go through and losing?

Does he have a chance of playing? Uruguay also have Cavani, Forlan and Hernandez (not the Man U one obviously) as forward options.

With Costa Rica being the final game, can anyone see us needing a win or draw t go through and losing?

He's been capped 8 times so far.But you're right, he often seems to get on from the subs bench.

Sunderland manager Gus Poyet says England have NO CHANCE against his Uruguayan countrymen in the second match of their World Cup campaign.

I thought I would post this here and we can drag it up in June if England prove that **** wrong.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/

Current game times:

Italy - 11pm
Uruguay - 8pm
Costa Rica - 5pm

Just remembered I'll be in Australia for the group stages and think they are 10 hours ahead of us. Means Uruguay game is at 6am and Costa Rica game is at 3am!!

Does anyone have an Excel spreadsheet with all the fixtures in that updates the group tables and knock out stages automatically yet?

Normally one is circulated... Ta all.

Good draw if you ask me. There's no point in going to a competition like the World Cup anxiously and actively fearing who we're going to be drawn against. We're going to have to play someone like Italy and Uruguay at some point, so we might as well draw them in the group and have the potential to knock one of them out. You only have to look at France's recent diabolical exploits in the competition to see how far a perceived easy draw can get you... You're on a hiding to nothing before you've even started and it's difficult to gain momentum against nations that have no intention in giving you a game.

And Poyet's opinions became worthless as soon as he started to publicly defend Suarez's racist comments.

Good draw if you ask me. There's no point in going to a competition like the World Cup anxiously and actively fearing who we're going to be drawn against. We're going to have to play someone like Italy and Uruguay at some point, so we might as well draw them in the group and have the potential to knock one of them out. You only have to look at France's recent diabolical exploits in the competition to see how far a perceived easy draw can get you... You're on a hiding to nothing before you've even started and it's difficult to gain momentum against nations that have no intention in giving you a game.

And Poyet's opinions became worthless as soon as he started to publicly defend Suarez's racist comments.

I was in France at the weekend.Their media were crowing about the easy draw.Didier Deschamps looked particularly smug.

I'd still bet on them to go further in the competition than us-even if all they do is qualify for the knock out rounds.We won't.:sad:

I was in France at the weekend.Their media were crowing about the easy draw.Didier Deschamps looked particularly smug.

I'd still bet on them to go further in the competition than us-even if all they do is qualify for the knock out rounds.We won't.:sad:

I'm not surprised, the draw was a complete fix for France.

I'm liking the 2/1 William Hill are offering on Ross Barkley to make the England squad (odds-on elsewhere)

Back