• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SouthendSaint

He may even be on here - but seen some worrying comments from his timeline this evening online...

People and Mirror reporter and Southend fan, based in Leigh.

Forget Wembley, fake bake and kilted mascots, from what I'm hearing my beloved Southend Utd are approaching most crucial summer ever!!!

Sorry, not for me to disclose, but truth will escape soon. And Blues are going to need all their fans behind them more than ever

We have teetered on brink so many times in last few years, but the big one could be coming. Fans must be ready!

I can't say anymore, sorry. Other people will do that soon. But Sainsbury's are not the BIG problem here

FC means nothing. He hasn't got any money and never has. A property developer who NEVER builds a thing - not even a sandcastle!

Last edited:
Whatever it is it won't be a surprise. We've been in the mire for years and I've been wondering just how long it will be til the whole house of cards comes down.

Let me clear this up... in more words than ****ter allows. All I'm sharing, is that I've been hearing some very worrying stories in last few weeks. I know being cryptic doesn't help, but if true, there really are worrying times ahead. I can't reveal just what, as it's unfair to sources who tell me things. But, as Jai said, our club has been running on empty for such a long time and the brown stuff really has got to hit the fan sooner rather than later... we are running out of lives!

Wouldn't be surprised if Sainsburys have had enough & start some sort of action against Ron & the club, Ron has really put this club on the line time & time again.

Sainsburys could finish this club!!

But we have been hearing this sort of rumour ever since the Stadium was first approved, in almost exactly this format. And particularly since the Blue Knights or whatever they were called were rebuffed. Unsurprisingly, RM has created quite an impressive number of enemies over the years, most of whom will be only too eager to create, embellish, pass on or broadcast bad news stories.

Bearing this in mind, is it wise to spread gossip of this kind without being able/prepared to back it up a little more firmly than just "it's unfair to my sources"? What purpose does it serve except to make you seem to be in the know? Can it possibly benefit our club or fans?

I have little doubt that things are bad, but I see no benefit at all in this sort of gossiping.

Might explain why Ron was so hasty to get a new manager in: he wants to get promoted because it's now or never... :unsure:

But we have been hearing this sort of rumour ever since the Stadium was first approved, in almost exactly this format. And particularly since the Blue Knights or whatever they were called were rebuffed. Unsurprisingly, RM has created quite an impressive number of enemies over the years, most of whom will be only too eager to create, embellish, pass on or broadcast bad news stories.

Bearing this in mind, is it wise to spread gossip of this kind without being able/prepared to back it up a little more firmly than just "it's unfair to my sources"? What purpose does it serve except to make you seem to be in the know? Can it possibly benefit our club or fans?

I have little doubt that things are bad, but I see no benefit at all in this sort of gossiping.

Totally this.

Let me clear this up... in more words than ****ter allows. All I'm sharing, is that I've been hearing some very worrying stories in last few weeks. I know being cryptic doesn't help, but if true, there really are worrying times ahead. I can't reveal just what, as it's unfair to sources who tell me things. But, as Jai said, our club has been running on empty for such a long time and the brown stuff really has got to hit the fan sooner rather than later... we are running out of lives!

If it is that serious, why don't you (didn't you) post what you have heard under a pseudonym? Or get CP to post it?

The Sturrock story wasn't published in the Echo (online) until Sunday and even then it was removed for an hour or so, but apparently CP was tweeting about it on Friday. Why are the press running scared?

You don't have to reveal your sources, but as a journalist and a fan, you should somehow make sure the story is in the public domain.

I know there could be a chance he is "fiddling while Rome burns", but surely if things were as imminently bad as Bernie suggests the Ron wouldn't incur the expense of appointing a new manager now? Any business in trouble tries to cut its costs, the cheaper option would be for Sturrock to see out his contract and then appoint Coughlan with Harris as his assistant.

However I accept that Ron's actions don't always make a lot of sense to those of us outside the club!

I know there could be a chance he is "fiddling while Rome burns", but surely if things were as imminently bad as Bernie suggests the Ron wouldn't incur the expense of appointing a new manager now? Any business in trouble tries to cut its costs, the cheaper option would be for Sturrock to see out his contract and then appoint Coughlan with Harris as his assistant.

However I accept that Ron's actions don't always make a lot of sense to those of us outside the club!

But we know what Ron is like and maybe he is in denial of the whole situation he is in. We all know he lives in this perfect fairy tale that everything will be alright and the stadium will be built soon with the money he is obviously stashing in his mattress.

My biggest concern with things like this is we are now so accustomed to financial crises, when something terminal happens we will be blase about it and won't realise how serious it is until it is far too late to save ourselves.
But seeing as we don't know what it is, not really much we can do!

From the outside looking in, and the massive hitting of the panic button this week I don't doubt any of the information in the first post. However if the situation is as serious as these tweets suggest then surely as a fan Bernie Friend should be moving heaven and earth to get this information into the public domain, if the crap is going to hit the fan then do it now while their are 30,000 people interested in the goings on at SUFC.

Why do folk have to give out information in dribs and drabs .All that does is poor oil on the already burning fires . rumours and gossip just make matters worse . If you know a story either tell all or keep your mouth shut .We as fans for years know there is a rotten apple in the barrel which will sooner or later rot right through the rest of the club . But until that happens I would rather live for the day .When it does happen like an express train we wont be able to stop it so I say leave well alone until it does .I am sure when it does come it will shock nobody the supports SOTHEND UNITED FC .

Back