• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you go to a game on your own?

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
I'm in Bournemouth at the mo but really wanna go to the Hartlepool game at the weekend. However my housemates are all to skint to afford it and none of my mates at home want to go see little ol' southend. Ever been to a game on your own?

You're never on your own at Roots Hall - we get big crowds now and everything.

However if you need someone to hold your hand you're best off going along the coast to Brighton.

Um, I go alone to every Southend game I can make - apart from the rare occasions when my dad can join me (he lives in Ilkeston, Derbyshire). It's not that unusual, is it?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm in Bournemouth at the mo but really wanna go to the Hartlepool game at the weekend. However my housemates are all to skint to afford it and none of my mates at home want to go see little ol' southend. Ever been to a game on your own?

Cheer up mate, if you miss the Hartlepool game, you alway go to your local game on 1st April to see AFCB Vs Southend!
biggrin.gif

PS: there is no shame if you go on your own, its about supporting SUFC, that what count.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ Mar. 23 2006,14:20)]You're never on your own at Roots Hall - we get big crowds now and everything.

However if you need someone to hold your hand you're best off going along the coast to Brighton.
Judging by attendances there I doubt there'd be any one there to do that.

And yeah F**k it ile drive up saturday morning. Thankfully the next game will be a tad closer to home
tounge.gif

reall your just looking for friends to go with on here..
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Mar. 23 2006,14:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm in Bournemouth at the mo but really wanna go to the Hartlepool game at the weekend. However my housemates are all to skint to afford it and none of my mates at home want to go see little ol' southend. Ever been to a game on your own?

Cheer up mate, if you miss the Hartlepool game, you alway go to your local game on 1st April to see AFCB Vs Southend!
biggrin.gif

PS: there is no shame if you go on your own, its about supporting SUFC, that what count.
Yup already got tickets and persuaded someone at work to come along n sit in the away end with me lol

Didnt we do this a little while ago?

I go to most home games on my own as the seats around me are mostly taken up with season ticket holders. If I want to sit with a mate I have to sit elsewhere.

I usually end up up talking to the bloke next to me anyway

No problem in it whatsoever

I quite like going to the game on my own. Means that I actually watch the game instead of chatting.

There was a problem when I went on my own a few years back. It was a pre-season friendly against Charlton and I came straight from work in London down to Roots Hall on my own.

The game kicked off, Charlton pumped the ball forward, poor old Mel Incapable came out, lost it in the sun and it ended up in the back of the net.

"That doesn't bode well for the rest of the season, does it?" I remarked to the man next to me.

"Grrrrr," he replied.

I glanced over and took in the full glory of the man for the first time. About 40, slightly curly dark mullet, long moustache, yellow teeth. Lots of gypsy 'swallow' tats all over his hands.

"Still, not to worry," I continued undaunted. "Better to **** it up in pre-season, eh?"

"Gaaaarrrrrrrgghhh," my new friend snarled. "Urrrrrrghhhhhhag. Scharrrrrrrggrrlllll!"

"Well....erm....quite," I foolishly responded.

He didn't stop snarling at me for the next 89 minutes. I was absolutely terrified.

Never been on my own since.

I'm often there on my own as my regular SUFC mate for 25 years is becoming a bit of a lightweight (despite being nearly 20 stone!) often being called upon to run errands for his missus etc. on a Saturday afternoon. He's a postie in Southend and I am prepared to pass on his name to any other Southend posties for winding up potential! (PM me)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Mar. 23 2006,14:52)]I quite like going to the game on my own. Means that I actually watch the game instead of chatting.
just means you haven't got any chums?

Never been on my own but would do if I have to. At Southend we are all family!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Mar. 23 2006,15:04)]Never been on my own but would do if I have to. At Southend we are all family!
wouldn't want to be related to any of you.. that's for sure

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Mar. 23 2006,15:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Mar. 23 2006,15:04)]Never been on my own but would do if I have to. At Southend we are all family!
How very friendly.

[b said:
[b said:
Give it a rest J you imbecile.

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Mar. 23 2006,15:18)]
[b said:
[b said:
How very friendly.
of course you always get one black sheep in the family!

biggrin.gif

Back