• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you go to a game on your own?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 24 2006,10:32)]There's Me & UK-Coops down here in Bournemouth, PM me if you're looking to go to a specific game and we'll see what we can sort out. I go to about 8 games a year on average and I'm happy to do my share of the driving. Hopefully catch up with you next week at the Bournemouth match for a beer and a chat.
Yup I'll prob meet up with ya's for a pre match bevvie or two next saturday. Gonna go tomora and stay up with me parents for the night. Could be good next season for the away trips if we sorted something. Want Pompey to get relegated just coz its nearer than West Brom lol!

You're just lucky you can go.

sad.gif

Of course I'd go to a game on my own. You'll be amongst other Shrimpers... so you're not really 'on your own' anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 24 2006,11:06)]You're just lucky you can go.

sad.gif

Of course I'd go to a game on my own. You'll be amongst other Shrimpers... so you're not really 'on your own' anyway.
you could come. fly in friday night. Fly back sunday morning. sorted! Unless air travel from Malta is as reliable as a glass hammer?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Mar. 24 2006,12:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 24 2006,11:06)]You're just lucky you can go.

sad.gif

you could come. fly in friday night. Fly back sunday morning. sorted! Unless air travel from Malta is as reliable as a glass hammer?
Already doing a similar thing for the last game... and I get no discount being a Trust member. Disgrace!

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Mar. 23 2006,14:16)]I'm in Bournemouth at the mo but really wanna go to the Hartlepool game at the weekend. However my housemates are all to skint to afford it and none of my mates at home want to go see little ol' southend. Ever been to a game on your own?
I dont live locally and none of my friends support the blues, occasionally I will bring the Mrs or a mate, but 90% of the time I am there on my own...personally I go home and away to watch the game, not for a social gathering - if it's a choice of going to the game with Jack Jones or not going its a no brainer really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gbshrimper @ Mar. 24 2006,11:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Mar. 23 2006,14:16)]I'm in Bournemouth at the mo but really wanna go to the Hartlepool game at the weekend. However my housemates are all to skint to afford it and none of my mates at home want to go see little ol' southend. Ever been to a game on your own?
I dont live locally and none of my friends support the blues, occasionally I will bring the Mrs or a mate, but 90% of the time I am there on my own...personally I go home and away to watch the game, not for a social gathering - if it's a choice of going to the game with Jack Jones or not going its a no brainer really.
Well obviously I do live locally ( I have always lived locally) - just not local to Roots Hall!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gbshrimper @ Mar. 24 2006,11:48)]I dont live locally and none of my friends support the blues, occasionally I will bring the Mrs or a mate, but 90% of the time I am there on my own...personally I go home and away to watch the game, not for a social gathering - if it's a choice of going to the game with Jack Jones or not going its a no brainer really.
I totally agree...cant say I've ever done an away game on my own, always seem to be able to convince someone to visit a new ground. However a home game from Bournemouth is an away trip lol!

Oh by the way does anyone know how ticket sales are going for tomora coz I was gonna just grab one when I get there. I would have thought we'd get 7,500 tomora?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gbshrimper @ Mar. 24 2006,11:49)]
[b said:
[b said:
Well obviously I do live locally ( I have always lived locally) - just not local to Roots Hall!!!
Where's local for you gbshrimper?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Mar. 24 2006,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (gbshrimper @ Mar. 24 2006,11:49)]
[b said:
[b said:
Where's local for you gbshrimper?
Norfolk (North Walsham at the mo' - soon to be Norwich) - so not as much of a trawl as you south coast guys, about 2 hours e/w to home games - I tend to see more away games though than home.

Back