• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be happy to pay a small contribution?

• Yes

Votes: 95 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Bartholomew F. Griemink

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
I'd not noticed that recurring feature before. I've set up a fiver a month. Can I have my username in gold or something now??

I am more than interested in why so far 20 odd people do not think it is worth paying?

Speak up please.

Im not one of those 20 but neither am I someone that has contributed funds (yet) to this site. The moment you make it paid only even if it means just a members only area is the moment the zone loses everything it has built up over the years and you would never get that back. There is nothing at all wrong with regularly asking for donations and nothing at all wrong with asking for other contributions, fundraisers etc. I bought an SZFC exiles mug through this site. I'd happily pay for a zone mug or similar. Maybe see what the minimum is for an order and to make a healthy profit and then ask for prefunding on here before doing so?

Im not one of those 20 but neither am I someone that has contributed funds (yet) to this site. The moment you make it paid only even if it means just a members only area is the moment the zone loses everything it has built up over the years and you would never get that back. There is nothing at all wrong with regularly asking for donations and nothing at all wrong with asking for other contributions, fundraisers etc. I bought an SZFC exiles mug through this site. I'd happily pay for a zone mug or similar. Maybe see what the minimum is for an order and to make a healthy profit and then ask for prefunding on here before doing so?

Spoken like a true Banker.

We've tried merchandise before but it's difficult to make money that way. Southend United is a small community anyway and, in turn, SZ is even smaller. Not much potential to shift a lot of units.

(Although I still have an SZ mug at home; will have my morning coffee out of it tomorrow especially!)

We've tried merchandise before but it's difficult to make money that way. Southend United is a small community anyway and, in turn, SZ is even smaller. Not much potential to shift a lot of units.

(Although I still have an SZ mug at home; will have my morning coffee out of it tomorrow especially!)

If we lose, is the coffee a bit bitter?

Why wouldn't I pay?

I don't use it anywhere near as much as I used to. I use SZ instead of the OS for team news and I like to see the occasional inside info that users have.

It's a fantastic freebie. But, my contribution doesn't outweigh any other site that I use and if I had to pay £1 for others per month then there would be a lot more sites that come ahead of SZ.

I'm not part of the SZ clique so I wouldn't miss that. But, if you are part of it, then, I would understand the payment to stay part of it.

For what I use the site for I can get the info in other places.

Yes, I would miss it. But, not so much I would feel the need to pay for it.

The simple fact is that members use the site to varying amounts and for varying reasons.

Why wouldn't I pay?

I don't use it anywhere near as much as I used to. I use SZ instead of the OS for team news and I like to see the occasional inside info that users have.

It's a fantastic freebie. But, my contribution doesn't outweigh any other site that I use and if I had to pay £1 for others per month then there would be a lot more sites that come ahead of SZ.

I'm not part of the SZ clique so I wouldn't miss that. But, if you are part of it, then, I would understand the payment to stay part of it.

The simple fact is that members use the site to varying amounts and for varying reasons.

Interesting. What do you mean by that? Genuine question.

Interesting. What do you mean by that? Genuine question.

Okay, you asked, so here is a genuine answer.

As a regular user of this site in the past, hence the post count, I have at times felt excluded from many discussions and much camaraderie. It's not exclusive to this message board and I can already see that my comment has pricked a few ears, as it was designed to. It's not really an issue for me but I think there is a lot of teaming up with posters who are familiar with others, whether it be in the virtual world or in real life, who can at times almost bully others. That may be a bit strong. It's cliquey and it's playground stuff. Not a big deal, but I think it can be an intimidating virtual culture at times and if you don't know as much as someone else or haven't been to as many games then you can be made to feel inferior.

As a regular user of this site in the past, hence the post count, I have at times felt excluded from many discussions and much camaraderie. It's not exclusive to this message board and I can already see that my comment has pricked a few ears, as it was designed to. It's not really an issue for me but I think there is a lot of teaming up with posters who are familiar with others, whether it be in the virtual world or in real life, who can at times almost bully others. That may be a bit strong. It's cliquey and it's playground stuff. Not a big deal, but I think it can be an intimidating virtual culture at times and if you don't know as much as someone else or haven't been to as many games then you can be made to feel inferior.

Maybe. Personally I have my opinions and there are one or two posters who seem to have the same or very similar opinions so you tend to agree with their posts and there are others who I pretty much never agree with, that is the nature of a forum, no clique just people I agree with and those I don't. I don't know anyone here personally and the only person I have knowingly met is OBL so my judgement of people is purely on their posts. I'm a very thick skinned guy so I don't really care what people say and think about me and my opinions and as such I think I probably assume others are the same, if I have offended anyone or they feel bullied it's not my intention and I'm sorry.

Thanks. Not sure I necessarily agree but it's all in the eye of the beholder I guess!

Thanks. Not sure I necessarily agree but it's all in the eye of the beholder I guess!

It's not really for anyone to agree or disagree. It's how I have felt from time to time and that's genuine. You are someone that seems to have a good camaraderie with many on here.

Why wouldn't I pay?

Agree 100%. Think the mods have massive double standards aswell and let things slip for there mates and so on and then if a outsider posts something similar gets banned etc

Back