• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

there is no way Kevin Davies is / has been a better player then Goater was! Sorry but I just don't buy that.

Surely either a wind up or has no idea about the two players careers.

Goater was never been regarded in the same Premier league category that Davis spent years at.

Goater's reputation is probably one of the main beneficiaries of Man City's resurgence. People think that he was a Man City hero then he must be great, but Man City were a League One side when he joined them and not the Champions League team they now are.

He actually only scored 13 Premiership goals in his career. That's obviously 13 more than me but fewer than other ex-Prem forwards who've turned out for us to less fanfare like Paul Furlong, Michael Ricketts, Paul Williams, possibly even Rob Newman.

He did a really good job for us, but his contribution (11 goals in 28 starts and 6 sub appearances) is maybe at times overstated. I think his value was essentially as a third forward which gave us great depth, although even our fourth forward was productive and our fourth forward was James Lawson!!!

Surely either a wind up or has no idea about the two players careers.

Goater was never been regarded in the same Premier league category that Davis spent years at.

Neither, simply an opinion.

Goater's reputation is probably one of the main beneficiaries of Man City's resurgence. People think that he was a Man City hero then he must be great, but Man City were a League One side when he joined them and not the Champions League team they now are.

He actually only scored 13 Premiership goals in his career. That's obviously 13 more than me but fewer than other ex-Prem forwards who've turned out for us to less fanfare like Paul Furlong, Michael Ricketts, Paul Williams, possibly even Rob Newman.

He did a really good job for us, but his contribution (11 goals in 28 starts and 6 sub appearances) is maybe at times overstated. I think his value was essentially as a third forward which gave us great depth, although even our fourth forward was productive and our fourth forward was James Lawson!!!

Indeed, he was never as good as some remember him as through nostalgic glasses, nor as bad as some made out at the time.

He did a good job, scored a decent amount of goals so that with Eastwood getting buckets and him and Gray chipping in we had a decent strike force between the 3 of them.

Neither, simply an opinion.

Fair enough although Goater had his moments was never a long term established decent premiership striker for a long period where Davies was.

Just to note I loved Goater for us and would not be that keen in signing Davies at this stage of his career.

Personal information
Full nameKevin Cyril Davies[SUP][1][/SUP]
Date of birth26 March 1977 (age 38)[SUP][1][/SUP]
Place of birthSheffield, England
Height6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)[SUP][2][/SUP]
Playing positionStriker
Club information
Current team
Free Agent
Youth career
Sheffield United
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
1993–1997Chesterfield129(22)
1997–1998Southampton25(9)
1998–1999Blackburn Rovers23(1)
1999–2003Southampton82(10)
2002→ Millwall (loan)9(3)
2003–2013Bolton Wanderers351(74)
2013– 2015Preston North End70(4)
National team
1994–1995England U188(0)
1997–2000England U213(0)
2010England1(0)

Only if we can sign Heskey to be his strike partner, would be the strike force everyone demands on here! #prolific #young #hungry #pacey #20goalaseason #hashtagOverkill

Surely everyone would take Heskey.

Don't even joke Beefy, there is nothing I would like more than seeing Heskey in a Southend United shirt.

Love Emile! Make it happen Phil Brown.

Reduced to walking around a 20 square yard area of the pitch, elbowing people, backing in and then complaining about it. Past it, and would be an awful partner for Mooney.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Back