• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He is now old and past it, his recent record in league 1 shows that.

His recent record shows that he was good enough to play 43 times for a club which won a place in the Championship last season.

How many games did you see him play last season ? What role was he performing ?

What have you based your critique on? Simply his age and the number of goals scored, I suspect.

I don't know if he's still up to it or not so I would hold off making dogmatic statements one way or the other.

His recent record shows that he was good enough to play 43 times for a club which won a place in the Championship last season.

How many games did you see him play last season ? What role was he performing ?

What have you based your critique on? Simply his age and the number of goals scored, I suspect.

I don't know if he's still up to it or not so I would hold off making dogmatic statements one way or the other.
Saw him on and off throughout last season (FL show, Preston live sky matches), from what I saw he was very slow, lethargic and couldn't keep up with the pace of the game. All be it not a huge sample size, but enough to make me not overly impressed. His role was more of a target man, but that's all he was and I think if we're bringing in a striker to play regularly they need to have more strings to their bow than that. Plus I don't think a target man like that suits our style.

So no, I haven't based that critique on simply his age and the number of goals scored.

If he was that slow and lethargic cant understand why the manager played him 43 times or how they got promoted.

If Jonny Stokes is right and Mooney cant win the ball to save his life and relies on a target man then someone to play that role would come in handy since we no longer have Corr...

If feels as if it's all getting a bit previous on here. Lets wait and see what the next few days bring, and if there is any truth in the Davies stuff then have a debate when and if we need to.

I wouldn't be against us signing Davies as part of a set of strikers with differing attributes, he must still have something about him to have played 43 times in a promoted team and i assume Brown knows him from his time at Bolton. I'll be more enthusiastic if it's a player/coach role, it'll be interesting to see what it says in the echo tomorrow.

If feels as if it's all getting a bit previous on here. Lets wait and see what the next few days bring, and if there is any truth in the Davies stuff then have a debate when and if we need to.

You mean, don't jump on the slightest bit of information and start making up additional information that may or may not be true!?

Where's the fun in that! :raspberry:

You mean, don't jump on the slightest bit of information and start making up additional information that may or may not be true!?

Where's the fun in that! :raspberry:

It will end in tears, mark my words. Look what happened on the new kit thread.

If he was that slow and lethargic cant understand why the manager played him 43 times or how they got promoted.

If Jonny Stokes is right and Mooney cant win the ball to save his life and relies on a target man then someone to play that role would come in handy since we no longer have Corr...

I was told by uncle who is an Orient supporter that we have good signing, but he is better off a target man. Dives a bit, but is a good signing!

Wasn't a lot of those appearances off the bench? Anyway, I won't keep going on but as a player he's not for me, but would like to see him in a coaching role.

Is someone going to let us know what is on the back page of the Echo or not.. come on I'm waiting here!

O.K. guys. Basically in the Echo it says Phil Brown would like to talk to Kevin Davies as he thinks he has another year left as a player and something to offer, even if that is in a coaching role, as they worked together at Bolton.
But PB also added that it's one he's not holding out on.

O.K. guys. Basically in the Echo it says Phil Brown would like to talk to Kevin Davies as he thinks he has another year left as a player and something to offer, even if that is in a coaching role, as they worked together at Bolton.

Very mehhhh

Absolute non-story then. Christ. :dim:

It is a smoke screen , PB is lineing up Heskey .:smile:

Back