• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So at this moment in time shrewsbury and lincoln fans both have reasons for disliking southend. Still time for things to change though.

Looks like we're gonna be playing Dagenham next season

edit: guttridge puts lincoln 2 nil behind

I'm sorry, but why poor old Tilly? His job was to manage a squad of players and avoid relegation and barring Port Vale scoring at Barnet, he has failed his task

Precisely because he has failed in his task. He's given his all but his efforts haven't been good enough.

I ve always supported Steve 110% when he was Southend manager great bloke ... but cannot help smiling if he takes Lincoln down

Maybe Ron Martin can send him a sympathy card

Precisely because he has failed in his task. He's given his all but his efforts haven't been good enough.

In any other profession, if a manager was brought in to complete a set task and failed, they would be sacked and look upon rather badly. It doesn't seem to be the case in football. I don't just mean Tilly, I mean in general. On the reverse side, some football clubs sack managers for a few bad results...bizarre profession being a football manager.

That would mean Tilly has managed three relegated teams in all three football league divisions. Has anyone else done that.

Back