• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your Favourite Football Ground?

Fratton Park. Great atmosphere. Looking forward to the new Wembley though. Be great to watch Southend lift the FA Cup there in 2006!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Aug. 18 2005,13:46)]Ok what the most strange country you have watched a league game
Hmm... surprisingly few for me, alas - only England, Scotland, Wales, France and Brazil.

oops.gif

You want to speak to a mate of mine, and a fellow Shrimper - a guy called Will, who now lives in Seoul.  If spending 3 hours with the home fans in the terrace at the Ali Sami Yen before kick-off of Galatasaray v. Trabzonspor in Turkey wasn't unusual enough, he then went and saw a league game in (I think) Burkina Faso.

upside.gif

Matt

P.S. Maracana's record gate was for the 1950 World Cup final - which Brazil lost to Uruguay.  215,000 made their way into the stadium for that one.  It is a beast of a ground - still the biggest I've ever seen.  Went to see Flamengo v. Santos there, over 100,000 in the ground, and it felt half-empty!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 18 2005,13:59)] If spending 3 hours with the home fans in the terrace at the Ali Sami Yen before kick-off of Galatasaray v. Trabzonspor in Turkey wasn't unusual enough, .
Ok, it was only a friendly but the game I saw in the Summer was amazing. 1 FC Koln v Fernebache was amazing. The atmosphere was wicked and they even had 3 people down the front of the stand, not watching the game but to get the Fernebache fans singing. Standing on a terrace with 10,000+ mad turks was a brilliant experience!!

Come on you 1 FC Koln!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nnatt76 @ Aug. 18 2005,13:46)]Just got back from Brazil and watched a couple of games at Vasgo de Gama's ground apologies but cant remember the name.
It's called São Januário...

148.jpg

157.jpg

cool.gif

BTW, it's Vasco da Gama, not Vasgo de Gama...

tounge.gif

Ha ha ha i stand corrected.....me and my mate only went because 2 yanky birds we fancied at our hotel were going...

and no we never got anywhere with them.

I saw an inter provincial game out in Laos and was not a bad standard. although not much grass just dirt

think i might be in the running for this one!whilst on holiday in venezuela this year went to a friendly made up of veneulean 'legends' vs the isle of margerita, which is a state just off mainland venezuela. the game waas played in an old dog racing track just outside of our resort infront of about 500.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 17 2005,11:37)]I thought that wouldn't go down too well!
I really do hate The Ham. I grew up with enough of them, having gone to school in Brentwood...
Schoolboy error from the schoolboy!
laugh.gif

Putting *pt*n P*rk as your favourite ground on here? Only a drum-kit owner would do that...

wink.gif

Back