• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your Favourite Football Ground?

Nou Camp - The sheer size of the place is mind-boggling. Plus its location (on the med; mountains in the distance) can't be beaten. Amazing.

White Hart Lane - Oozes character, and the times I've been there's always been a great atmosphere. Cracking stadium.

Mill Stad. - For the obvious reasons previously highlighted.

City Ground - For those who havn't been, you'll be in for a treat when we play Forest. One of the stands even backs onto the Trent. Great location, and another stadium with plenty of character.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Aug. 17 2005,13:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 17 2005,10:15)]The Millennium Stadium, Cardiff.  short walk to the train station afterwards, have always managed to get on a train...
However it may be a little more difficult now that your a known trouble maker after being being caught smoking a Cigar by the British Transport Police.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 17 2005,12:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 17 2005,13:18)]Football Grounds of Great Britain by Simon Inglis is another cracker.
There are a couple of copies of the first edition currently available on ebay:

<a href="http://search.ebay.co.uk/Simon-Inglis_Books-Comics-Magazines_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR4QQsaatcZQ2d1QQsacatZ267QQsalicZ3

" target="_blank">http://search.ebay.co.uk/Simon-I....salicZ3</a>

Amazon also have several secondhand copies from £4.
Fantastic, you've done my work for me...
tounge.gif

Will have to put a bid in there...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Song of the South Upper @ Aug. 17 2005,14:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 17 2005,12:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 17 2005,13:18)]Football Grounds of Great Britain by Simon Inglis is another cracker.  
There are a couple of copies of the first edition currently available on ebay:

<a href="http://search.ebay.co.uk/Simon-Inglis_Books-Comics-Magazines_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR4QQsaatcZQ2d1QQsacatZ267QQsalicZ3

" target="_blank">http://search.ebay.co.uk/Simon-I....salicZ3</a>

Amazon also have several secondhand copies from £4.
Fantastic, you've done my work for me...
tounge.gif

Will have to put a bid in there...
Or you can cut the bidding out and buy via Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec....2365454

So far it has to be the Mestalla in Valencia. Been to see a couple of games including the 1-1 draw against Real Madrid last March.

Mestalla.jpg

WS

Gotta be the Millenium Stadium. Gotta say though that Twickenham would be an excellent football stadium, if only it wasn&#39;t exclusively for rugby.

Haven&#39;t been to many foreign stadia, although I liked the Riazor (Deportivo La Coruna&#39;s ground) when I went to visit some friends there last year.

Good atmosphere and a stadium that&#39;s right on the beachfront&#33;

Roker Park....it was a proper old football ground with a real atmosphere and some great memories....anyone else there for all &#39;4 years in a row&#39;?

Even though it might not be a magnificent ground, I like Wakeirngs stadium at Borroughs park because of the way it was built - hand made by the local community, and all the componets (stands, floodlights etc.) were donated by local compaines

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 17 2005,21:56)]Even though it might not be a magnificent ground, I like Wakeirngs stadium at  Borroughs park because of the way it was built - hand made by the local community, and all the componets (stands, floodlights etc.) were donated by local compaines
All of whom were related to each other (by blood and marriage)!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 17 2005,21:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 17 2005,21:56)]Even though it might not be a magnificent ground, I like Wakeirngs stadium at  Borroughs park because of the way it was built - hand made by the local community, and all the componets (stands, floodlights etc.) were donated by local compaines
All of whom were related to each other (by blood and marriage)!

tounge.gif
lol
tounge.gif

MilStad for me. From the lower tier, it looked even more massive than you would see from middle tiers.

Another one I liked was Pride Park. Be it passionate fans or good design, there was a really good atmosphere there for a nothing game.

As a life long Liverpool fan aswell as a devote Shrimper I would have to say Anfield, i&#39;ve been there twice and hearing the Kop sing &quot;You&#39;ll never Walk Alone&quot; before the kick-off made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 17 2005,11:47)]btw, best for me is the Olympic Stadium in Munich. Beer, kebabs, cheap programmes, close to the U-Bahn. Great atmosphere, good video-replays of the action.
Agreed, especially when you are watching England turning Germany over 1-5 in their own backyard.

I&#39;m a massive fan of older grounds such as Shrewsbury which has a great atmopshere and in a wicked location. None of this out of town malarky&#33; Plus shrewsbury wasnt too bad either&#33;&#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 17 2005,21:49)]Roker Park....it was a proper old football ground with a real atmosphere and some great memories....anyone else there for all &#39;4 years in a row&#39;?
I ventured up there, the 5th year we were in Div1, the year we lost
sad.gif

[b said:
Like Roots Hall then but on a smaller scale.

Has to be Wembley, to go to a ground where England have lifted the world cup was Excellent, along with the atmosphere and we beat Poland 3-0.

millienium stadium when it was full watching liverpool beat man utd 2-1

Just got back from Brazil and watched a couple of games at Vasgo de Gama&#39;s ground apologies but cant remember the name.

They are about mid table in the top flight but due to the fact that Brazils bigger than europe apart from local derby&#39;s very few fans travel away, Was only 7.000 fans in all and apart from the Fireworks before kickoff was a pants atmoshpere...However they do like to fight each other...Also did day trip at Maracana stadium which they tout as biggest in the world (or at least once) something like 180.000 in the 50&#39;s...It was a dump like something from early 70&#39;s

Ok what the most strange country you have watched a league game

Back