• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

your most despised country

Where is it then. That one nation on earth that you would press the button for?

For me its Belguim, the most pointless place on the planet. It is a bland, featureless and flat piece of land between France and Germany that has nothing to offer the rest of mankind. No brands, no industry, nothing to excite the hapless visitor except the N40 Motorway that takes you out of the place. A country that needs to tell you your entering it THREE times in less than two miles in case you forget. A country that produces one of the most popular beers in the world that everyone thinks is French! A country that puts the Ring Road sign after the exit so the unsuspecting end up in Boring Brussells. Belguim is just a strip of land before France and Germany which is a nessecery hardship to cross from one to another. A country that has never seen a toilet brush.

Wheres yours?

Nigeria....

Never met a Nigerian who wasn't one a scam, 1/3 worlds financial services crime comes from there, witch doctors mudering kids, people smuggling and generally think they are an unpleasant race of people.

Also dislike the French after a few bad trips but not enough to be my number one.
Oo.gif

Gotta go with France i'm afraid. Closely followed by Poland.
Wouldn't mind Scotland/Wales being terminated either come to think about it!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Aug. 31 2006,15:30)]Australia.
Seconded (apologies to Perth Shrimper). All other countries mentioned so far have a redeeming feature for me, Australia has none. The only good thing it's produced is Nick Cave and even he doesn't live there anymore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 31 2006,15:38)]
[b said:
Seconded (apologies to Perth Shrimper). All other countries mentioned so far have a redeeming feature for me, Australia has none. The only good thing it's produced is Nick Cave and even he doesn't live there anymore.
biggrin.gif

I'll consider my reply whilst sitting on an uncrowded beach in 9 months of the year 90 degree heat, sipping affordable beer, watching TV without needing a license, considering my 55p a litre petrol consumption, never being in a traffic jam, never needing to lock my front door, thinking about this open relaxed and happy country which locks up all immigrants who dare go near it.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 31 2006,15:46)]Irkutsk. Ever since it lost me a game of Risk when I was 12.
In that case put me down for all the countries that were in the green zone. My obsession with getting the 7 bonus pieces each turn always cost me dear, especially against those crafty bastards that got South America or Africa..

Back on topic put me down for Saudi Arabia

When I was a student: China. No problem with the country itself but the names of all the political leaders and figures were a nightmare to remember and subsequently spell.

Studies aside, definitely Turkey. Some people feel it is an OK holiday destination, IMO I think alot of the people are absolute scumbags (this is a stereotypical judgement, no offence to those with Turkish connections). Also, in terms of footie, the stabbing of English fans (Leeds and Arsenal), and in addition when their keeper (or perhaps Hakan Sukur - my memory is rubbish) absolutely clattered Dyer in an international match a couple of years ago. Disgrace!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'll consider my reply whilst sitting on an uncrowded beach in 9 months of the year 90 degree heat, sipping affordable beer, watching TV without needing a license, considering my 55p a litre petrol consumption, never being in a traffic jam, never needing to lock my front door, thinking about this open relaxed and happy country which locks up all immigrants who dare go near it.

yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but...

you have really big scary spiders!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Aug. 31 2006,15:51)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

I'll consider my reply whilst sitting on an uncrowded beach in 9 months of the year 90 degree heat, sipping affordable beer, watching TV without needing a license, considering my 55p a litre petrol consumption, never being in a traffic jam, never needing to lock my front door,  thinking about this open relaxed and happy country which locks up all immigrants who dare go near it.
wow.gif
I'll expand upon my reasoning for despising Australia:

1. The fact that Australians go on ad nauseaum about how wonderful the country is, the weather, the cost of living, the land of opportunity etc. But, if it is so great why are there so many of them living and working here. If it is so great, pi$$ off back there you scruffy, screechy voiced, pain in the ar$e (not you Perth Shrimper)

2. Quite frankly, the gruesome creatures found therein: deadly funnel-web spiders, crocodiles, deadly snakes, box jelly-fish etc. surely mean the places was never, ever intended for habitation

3. The arrogance in victory, and complete lack of grace in defeat

4. Lleyton Hewitt

5. The fact that the intonantion of the Australian accent (Australian inflection) has infested the young of this country

6. It's not quite their fault, but "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here"

7. English people with relatives there or who have been there banging on about "Oz". Fcuking call it Australia you tw@ts

8. The ugly, curly-haired to$$er, with a face like he had run in to the back of a 60lb mallet, that played Henry Ramsey in Neighbours

9. The swept under the carpet human rights record of the country. It is frankly appalling. More Aboriginal people died in custody in the police cells of Australia during the course of apartheid than black people died in police custody in South Africa

10. The fact that women mistake the words "Australian male" for "heartthrob"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Aug. 31 2006,16:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Aug. 31 2006,15:51)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

I'll consider my reply whilst sitting on an uncrowded beach in 9 months of the year 90 degree heat, sipping affordable beer, watching TV without needing a license, considering my 55p a litre petrol consumption, never being in a traffic jam, never needing to lock my front door, thinking about this open relaxed and happy country which locks up all immigrants who dare go near it.
wow.gif
I'll expand upon my reasoning for despising Australia:

1. The fact that Australians go on ad nauseaum about how wonderful the country is, the weather, the cost of living, the land of opportunity etc. But, if it is so great why are there so many of them living and working here. If it is so great, pi$$ off back there you scruffy, screechy voiced, pain in the ar$e (not you Perth Shrimper)

2. Quite frankly, the gruesome creatures found therein: deadly funnel-web spiders, crocodiles, deadly snakes, box jelly-fish etc. surely mean the places was never, ever intended for habitation

3. The arrogance in victory, and complete lack of grace in defeat

4. Lleyton Hewitt

5. The fact that the intonantion of the Australian accent (Australian inflection) has infested the young of this country

6. It's not quite their fault, but "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here"

7. English people with relatives there or who have been there banging on about "Oz". Fcuking call it Australia you tw@ts

8. The ugly, curly-haired to$$er, with a face like he had run in to the back of a 60lb mallet, that played Henry Ramsey in Neighbours

9. The swept under the carpet human rights record of the country. It is frankly appalling. More Aboriginal people died in custody in the police cells of Australia during the course of apartheid than black people died in police custody in South Africa

10. The fact that women mistake the words "Australian male" for "heartthrob"
biggrin.gif
Good reply.....all true too.

In response
1 - They all come home
2- Bloody true, i've had loads of run ins with snakes and spiders and i've had friends hassled by sharks
3 - True, but aussie always wins
wink.gif

4 - He is a total ****, top nomination there matey!!!!
5- Not my fault
6- I agree, total sh!t
7 - Oz, Australia, Great southern land....its still better than the u.k
wow.gif

8- Is that Craig McClaghlan?
9- And its still happening.
10 - I know you fancy me ccsiders
suspect.gif

france
germany
spain
all of africa south as well