• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.SVC
2. Eastwood
3. David Crown
4. Chris Powell
5. Paul Sansome
6. Ricky Otto
7. Simon Royce
8. Jonathon Hunt
9. Mark Gower
10 Dean Austin

You've already voted number11. While the original thread may have been lost in the "American Incident", I had all the original votes stored on my computer.

Stan Collymore
Bill Garner
Albert Wakefield
Kevin Baron ( The Baron ) Superb until he broke his leg
Sam McCrory ( 31 goals in one season )
Watson
McAlinden
Billy at his Best
Frank Dudley
Errol Crosson ( like lightning

1. Powell
2. Eastwood
3. Tilson
4. Collymore
5. Sansome
6. Flahavan
7. Otto
8. Gower
9. Sodje
10. Barratt

Okay, here goes, then:

1 Stan Collymore
2 Freddy Eastwood
3 Ricky Otto
4 Paul Byrne
5 Mike Marsh
6 Kevin Maher
7 Mark Gower
8 Brett Angell
9 Andy Ansah
10 Julian Hails

Looking back through those posts, I'd forgotten Hunty. Man, he was good.

1. Stan Collymore
2. Phil Chisnall
3. Eddie Clayton
4. John McKinven
5. Chris Powell
6. Sammy McCrory
7. Johnny McGuigan
8. Alan Moody
9. Ronnie Whelan
10. Ricky Otto

1. Ricky Otto
2. Freddy Eastwood
3. Stan Collymore
4. Kevin Maher
5. Adam Barrett
6. Andy Ansah
7. Leon Cort
8. Steve Tilson
9. Jamal Campbell Ryce
10. Lee Barnard

Time for an update methinks Dras :winking:

Oh no. I'm keeping it tightly underwraps until the final table is revealed on Christmas Eve*. It's still close at the top though a few votes either way could swing it, and 8th - 12th are only seperated by 18pts, so who makes it into the top 10 is still very much in the hands of the SZ public.

So please keep voting folks! Especially the older SZ residents, your boys are still a force to be reckoned with...:soapbox:

*Bribery may of course work.

An almost impossible task but here goes :-

1.Billy Best
2.Phil Chisnall
3.Sandy Anderson
4.Tony Bentley
5.Peter Watson
6.Trevor Roberts
6.Stan Collymore
7.Chrissy Powell
8.Kevin Maher
9.Richard Cadette
9.Andy Smillie
10.David Crown

Only sorry I couldn't include:-Paul Clark,Bill Garner,Gary Moore,Ricky Otto,Peter Taylor,Anton Otul'ski.Colin Spence,John McKinven,Ron Poutney,Eddie Firmani,Eddie Clayton,Freddy Eastwood,Sammy McMillan,Roy McDonough,Ronnie Whelan,Mike Marsh,Alan Moody,Tony Hadley,Micky Laverick,John Kurila,Steve Tilson,Brett Angell,Glenn Pennyfather,Peter Butler,Andy Ansah,Spencer Prior,Ian Benjamin,Keith Jones,Paul Sansome,Derek Woodley and Adam Barrett to name just a few others.

Here are the votes from the mcnasty jury.

1.Freddy Eastwood
2.Stan Collymore
3.Billy Best
4.John McKinven
5.Derek Woodley
6.Alan Little
7.Anton Otulokowski
8.Alan Moody
9.Paul Clark
10.Ricky Otto.

An almost impossible task but here goes :-

1.Billy Best
2.Phil Chisnall
3.Sandy Anderson
4.Tony Bentley
5.Peter Watson
6.Trevor Roberts
6.Stan Collymore
7.Chrissy Powell
8.Kevin Maher
9.Richard Cadette
9.Andy Smillie
10.David Crown

Only sorry I couldn't include:-Paul Clark,Bill Garner,Gary Moore,Ricky Otto,Peter Taylor,Anton Otul'ski.Colin Spence,John McKinven,Ron Poutney,Eddie Firmani,Eddie Clayton,Freddy Eastwood,Sammy McMillan,Roy McDonough,Ronnie Whelan,Mike Marsh,Alan Moody,Tony Hadley,Micky Laverick,John Kurila,Steve Tilson,Brett Angell,Glenn Pennyfather,Peter Butler,Andy Ansah,Spencer Prior,Ian Benjamin,Keith Jones,Paul Sansome,Derek Woodley and Adam Barrett to name just a few others.

Don't you mean Derek Morris? :unsure::winking:

Tough one but here are by top 10 ....

1. Stan the Man
2. Der Der Der Der Freddie Eastwood
3. Kevin Maher
4. Che Wilson
5. Steve Tilson
6. Chris Powel
7. Mark Gower
8. Damon Searle
9. Duncan Jupp
10.Spencer Prior

Granty would be 11

Don't you mean Derek Morris? :unsure::winking:

No,Derek Spence.
Colin Spence was actually the name of a mate of mine in Brum Poly days(now a Librarian in Islington) so that was clearly some kind of Freudian slip of the gibbon( brought on by too many hours in front of a computer screen yesterday.
(I've been doing an intensive f2f ICT course on Fridays for the last 10 weeks and TG the f2f component finished yesterday).
I should certainly have included Derek Morris though along with Alan Little(and probably a host of others)in my alternative list.

Last edited:
1. Stan the Man
2. Anton Otulakowski
3. Mervyn Cawston
4. Peter Butler
5. Pat Scully
6. Iain O'Connell
7. Spencer Prior
8. Danny Schneider
9. David Crown
10. Matt Jones

ok, a lot of them may not have graced the hallowed turf as better players did but.......this is a poll about MY favourites, so there you go!!
Does the favourite player get contacted and some sort of recognition from us? or is it just for fun?

Due to only been watching Southend for 10 years and can only remember the last 5 years.

1. Freddy Eastwood (wasn't for him we wouldn't of gone up)
2. Darryl flahavan (lacked in hight but did justice)
3. Kevin Maher (rock solid, football mind!)
4. Adam Barrett (work rate and commitment)
5. Mark Gower (work rate and great delivery)
( only did five in a rush, couldnt think of any more due to remembering the last 5/7 years):loyalsupporter:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back