• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You're organising a festival, which bands would you choose to play...?

Shrimper James

I was day dreaming last night about which bands i would invite to a festival if i was to organise one. The rules are, to keep things simple, you can't invite bands that are no longer together. This isn't a retrospective thing- they must be bands that are still together and recording music today. Also, you can only choose six bands to play. I'll get the ball rolling:-

Pearl Jam (my favourite band, will have them headlining.)
REM (excellent live, will be a hit with the festival goers, my second favourite band.)
Interpol (superb band, great tunes and would add something a bit different.)
Foo Fighters (Vedder and Grohl probably wouldn't get on but another band that seem to save their best performances for festivals.)
The White Stripes (amazing live, would generate a great atmosphere.)
My Morning Jacket (check them out, awesome band, would warm up the crowd nicely.)

One thing i tried to avoid when thinking this up was just picking my favourite six bands, as that would just be too easy. This is the best i can come up with at the moment, although i'm still not 100% happy with it.

Let's here yours now folks.

James

Last edited:
Slayer - Headliners After 25 years of playing thrash metal, the original line-up can still play one hell of a show.
Metallica - Although I'd limit them to playing stuff before 1991 coz anything else after is just not Metallica.
Obituary - One of the best sounding metal bands of all time and awesome live
Rage Against The Machine - Fantastic band, always get the crowd going nuts!
System Of A Down - Just because of their live shows, they're insane!
Cannibal Corpse - Pure sickness.

I would simply book the 6 best bands on the planet right now...

The Arcade Fire (the only commercial guitar band worth listening to)
Super Furry Animals (the most consistent British band of the last 20 years - I love 'em)
Boris (the best rock band on the planet)
A Hawk and a Hacksaw (explosive live apparently - would get the crowd going)
Animal Collective (a phenomenal band that need more exposure)
Om (would provide a devastating opening to any festival)

i would want Linkin Park, The Foo Fighters, The Kaiser Chiefs, Faithless, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Feeder...

All big names, would probably cost me a fair bit, but think how much i could charge!

Bonde Do Role
The Appleseed Cast
Muse
Ok Go

And I can't think of anymore at the moment, maybe Outhud and I do like the Animal Collective, I'll have to look at my music collection when I get home.

Slayer - Headliners After 25 years of playing thrash metal, the original line-up can still play one hell of a show.
Metallica - Although I'd limit them to playing stuff before 1991 coz anything else after is just not Metallica.

All those Mamby Pamby Skiffle bands Marky....What about some heavy metal:p

Paul Weller - The geezers a legend and plays stuff from through out his career
Madness – You cant beat dancing to a bit of Ska
Arctic Monkeys – Guaranteed to get you a big audience and they’re a quality band
Oasis – Need I say more (Id make Paul weller and noel team up and do a few acoustic tunes)
UB40 – for the people that like to smoke a bit of the old African when at a festival – Chill out
Im stuck on a last one but probably something like RHCP as there a big name and would attract a mixture of people.

Probably being a bit biased as these are all bands that I like but there you go

I shall attempt to out-metal you with my line up, but fear that this may not be possible due to the sheer heaviness of that sextet!!

Here goes:

Kyuss - I'd get Josh Homme and John Garcia to sort out their little childish spat and get a proper groovefest going on. QOTSA are merely Kyuss for girls in comparison to Homme's first band. I'm gutted I never saw them live, but would have to insist that they used petrol powered generators in addition to the normal PA to give maximum volume and riffage.
Carcass - The best British metal band of the late 80s and 90s and responsible for raising the bar twice in the Death Metal stakes. Often imitated, never bettered.
Dillinger Escape Plan - Insanely technical and energetic live. A real treat to see tread the boards.
Mastodon - Would make them play earlier stuff as it's better than the new record, but a phenomenal band with a drummer that Dave Grohl admits is the drumming god.
Sick of it All - incredible live - nuff said
Metallica - Pre Black Album also - the newer stuff just doesn't cut the mustard

I shall attempt to out-metal you with my line up, but fear that this may not be possible due to the sheer heaviness of that sextet!!

Here goes:

Kyuss - I'd get Josh Homme and John Garcia to sort out their little childish spat and get a proper groovefest going on. QOTSA are merely Kyuss for girls in comparison to Homme's first band. I'm gutted I never saw them live, but would have to insist that they used petrol powered generators in addition to the normal PA to give maximum volume and riffage.
Carcass - The best British metal band of the late 80s and 90s and responsible for raising the bar twice in the Death Metal stakes. Often imitated, never bettered.
Dillinger Escape Plan - Insanely technical and energetic live. A real treat to see tread the boards.
Mastodon - Would make them play earlier stuff as it's better than the new record, but a phenomenal band with a drummer that Dave Grohl admits is the drumming god.
Sick of it All - incredible live - nuff said
Metallica - Pre Black Album also - the newer stuff just doesn't cut the mustard

Mr McGavin...i commend you on a fantastic line-up.

Kyuss are brilliant, i was listening to Carcass on my way to work, D.E.P I can listen to but not my favourite band ever, Mastodon are amazing, Sick Of It All are violence on record and you picked the same era of Metallica as me.

Not a bad bunch at all sir :D

!!! - best band at glasto07.. the perfect mix of guitars and dance
smashing pumpkins - cos they rock
radiohead - the ultimate festival band
led zep - cos they rock hard and if possible i would have bonham back!!!
mogwai - just so so loud
at the drive in - amazing band and brilliant live

You are all Philistines..........But the bands I like broke up years ok:cry:

And Zip It Al before you even think of commenting:p

!!! - best band at glasto07.. the perfect mix of guitars and dance
smashing pumpkins - cos they rock
radiohead - the ultimate festival band
led zep - cos they rock hard and if possible i would have bonham back!!!
mogwai - just so so loud
at the drive in - amazing band and brilliant live

And how many of those bands are still together?

:thump:

:eek: as if I would! :p

Thing is I am more of a Lyrics man these days ....I cant Go with Al's "Can I Cut your throat and tell you I love you kind of stuff."

So in light of this ....

Mine are ...

Snow Patrol.
The Fratellis.
Crazy Horse .who Neil Young still teams up with.
Maroon five.
Keane.

I like a good sing song and this is an alternative to alot of your festivals

:o

Last edited:
Back