• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Suggestions

Pubey

it would be quite neat if when you clicked on one of the press links (or any external link) that it opened it as a new window (firefox tab) instead of opening in the current window and so you lose SZ. most websites seem to do this for external pages

just an idea

jon

Have been meaning to get round to that JT - as with most of the other links.
Thanks for bringing it up. I'll get it sorted.

another thought... on another board i go on, (it's powered by IPboard though) when you load up a new image for avatar or signature, it automatically rescales it to an appropriate size, so you could load up something massive and it shrinks it down.

no idea if you can do that with your board, but it's a great little feature and saves having to spend ages making your pic just the right size

Can you please add strikethrough as a text option (similar to bold, italic and underline) please.

another thought... on another board i go on, (it's powered by IPboard though) when you load up a new image for avatar or signature, it automatically rescales it to an appropriate size, so you could load up something massive and it shrinks it down.

no idea if you can do that with your board, but it's a great little feature and saves having to spend ages making your pic just the right size

Can you please add strikethrough as a text option (similar to bold, italic and underline) please.

I'll look into all of those folks.
Strike-through would be excellent.

Like the little "My Shrimperzone" bit on the QL SBH, that wasn't there earlier was it?

Sorry mate, it can't be done!

Oooh, hang on a minute...

You'll now see the following button in your message editor...

strikethrough.gif

I thank you.

How about an option so after every match we can rate every player out of 10? Therefore, get an overall "Shrimperzone rated <player name> X/10 (Y votes)?"

Thoughts?

How about an option so after every match we can rate every player out of 10? Therefore, get an overall "Shrimperzone rated <player name> X/10 (Y votes)?"

Thoughts?

i've seen on other forums you can have dynamic polls/votes, might be worth looking into

Thoughts?

Excellent idea. I did start to add the scores up this week and was going to post the average but I went to the pub instead. Also, someone gave the Frenchy a 0 for being French and ORM gave Barrett a 1 so it would have had a certain imbalance about it.

Thoughts?

Excellent idea. I did start to add the scores up this week and was going to post the average but I went to the pub instead. Also, someone gave the Frenchy a 0 for being French and ORM gave Barrett a 1 so it would have had a certain imbalance about it.

I've thought about this before. In my opinion, it'd be a cracking addition. I've not seen anything on vBulletin that even comes close to allowing it though, but I will look into it. Even if we don't do it through the forum, there might be some way around it.

i've seen on other forums you can have dynamic polls/votes, might be worth looking into

If I only knew what it was...

Dynamic Polls Pubed-one?
Any examples?

Good stuff. It's a vBulletin site so it could be possible for us. Depends if they wrote the code or if the code is available to others. It's not an out-of-the-box function.

As it seems to only allow voting once on something, how would you see it being used?

I'm thinking:

Rate a referee's performance at the Hall?
Rate a visiting team visiting the Hall?
Rate a visiting team's fans?

We could for instance get a view on the best team/fans/referee to visit us during the season.

Back