• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Zoom video with SOS and Stan Collymore

Well let’s not forget Ron reached out to Henrik Larson before for help and potential investment so a precedent has been set! We can only hope
I’m praying something does happen and I hope it involves Stan very passionate loved the video yesterday

First, heartfelt thanks to Stan and everone else who was involved in the zoom meeting.

Second,as someone who's a year older than the Chairman I'd want to bow out if I were him.There's the rub I'm not though.

FWIW,i don't think the Chairman will step down until he's taken us to what he once called "the promised land" ie until FF gets built and he realises his crock of gold.

I will screen shot and text that to Stan (if that’s ok with you), he will be delighted to hear what you have said!

what I loved about last night was Stan was there taking notes like he was in a job interview! Pure class from him! Shrimperzone got name dropped a few times by him @Cricko you be pleased to hear

Please do.

He impressed me here, and has no agenda, I had been a little sceptical but can now see his worth and welcome it.

We are all hurting badly.I had prepared myself for the inevitable two months ago, like watching my Mother die of Dementia.

The club has been one of few contants in my life and I value that above sport alone.
We have seen the reaction and outcry about the proposed SuperCash League and the relief that this Demon has been excorcised, so Fan power should not be under estimated.

Regrettably I couldn't make the call last night, but suffice to say it was a much needed breath of fresh air - a seemingly harmonious bunch of views from a group of supporters, which flies in the face of the fractious discussions often witnessed on these very forums.
I have direct messaged Stan re. my many years of experience working with clubs at all levels from feasibility to delivery of new facilities, and will always be on standby should any of the supporter groups/trust/Ron/Stan ever want any guidance, design work or the like. There has never been an agenda to win work associated with FF - I just know things can be done better.

Will we get any where we all know how Ron Martin likes to sweep things under the carpet we will struggle in the national league

We have learned over the past week that fan pressure, when applied jointly and in the same direction, can be a tremendous thing. That and Stan's involvement has given a few, including myself, renewed hope where there seemed to be none. That is to be welcomed whatever comes next.

But it's not likely to be an easy road to genuine change. What was really encouraging about last night was the various fan groups being able to voice their views and everyone pretty much being unanimous in their concerns. What is also encouraging is that it is not a complex fix. Ron just needs to focus his energies on getting a proper club structure in place and the rest will take care of itself. The issue of course is getting Ron to see that change is needed.

There will likely be an attempt to pour water on this uprising from the top in the coming days, but we can't let this discourage us. We have thrashed out some clear aspects that we want changed, and this is the first step in getting somewhere. Protests for protests sake get us nowhere but if we have clear aims and can persuade Ron that a) we want to work with him and b) we're not going to give up, then things might just start to happen.

This summer is so vital. How the club approaches it needs to be scrutinised extremely closely.

We have learned over the past week that fan pressure, when applied jointly and in the same direction, can be a tremendous thing. That and Stan's involvement has given a few, including myself, renewed hope where there seemed to be none. That is to be welcomed whatever comes next.

But it's not likely to be an easy road to genuine change. What was really encouraging about last night was the various fan groups being able to voice their views and everyone pretty much being unanimous in their concerns. What is also encouraging is that it is not a complex fix. Ron just needs to focus his energies on getting a proper club structure in place and the rest will take care of itself. The issue of course is getting Ron to see that change is needed.

There will likely be an attempt to pour water on this uprising from the top in the coming days, but we can't let this discourage us. We have thrashed out some clear aspects that we want changed, and this is the first step in getting somewhere. Protests for protests sake get us nowhere but if we have clear aims and can persuade Ron that a) we want to work with him and b) we're not going to give up, then things might just start to happen.

This summer is so vital. How the club approaches it needs to be scrutinised extremely closely.
I agree we need to make Ron listen also what made it interesting was the fans bit they won’t attend games again while Ron is still in charge.

Just watched it again. The big positive for me is seeing all sides blending together, whether that be Stan, The Trust, SOS, journalists etc, and it's great to see. There's been criticism of different supporter groups in the past, but ultimately they all want the same thing.

I just hope one day we will all be together again watching the mighty blues (win, lose or draw), whether that be at Roots Hall, AFC Flyde or Priory Park. Let's stay together and not give up the fight !

Particularly enjoyed Stan interrupting Kerry to grab a pen. Hung off his every word

I will screen shot and text that to Stan (if that’s ok with you), he will be delighted to hear what you have said!

what I loved about last night was Stan was there taking notes like he was in a job interview! Pure class from him! Shrimperzone got name dropped a few times by him @Cricko you be pleased to hear

Really! I never noticed. :Whistling: Thanks to all for that. x

Last edited:
I wonder if Stan (within his network of contacts) has:

1. Someone who will take over 100%
2. Joint ownership with Ron project managing the stadium.

Assume the answer is yes to both of the above, and he'll give Ron options today.

If so, a massive get out of jail card for Ron

Thanks Stan and everyone involved an excellent meeting.
One point that didn't get discussed was the involvement of the other Directors. What role do they have and should they be also held to account.

I listened to it all the way through and agree with almost everything that was said and covered.
I know how much these things take time and can consume your life but I wish you guys all the luck and hope you get some answers or at the very least enable us as supporters to go and look forward.

Ron Martin will not move until the developments of Fossetts and Roots Hall repay his investment, he is a DEVELOPER its in his DNA, Our club is paying the price for not only Ron Martins issues, but also the local council dragging their feet on Fossetts, I believe a lot of our clubs issues would have been resolved earlier if consent had been given sooner, BUT it does not excuse Ron Martin for destroying this Football Club, but we will survive

Just watched it again. The big positive for me is seeing all sides blending together, whether that be Stan, The Trust, SOS, journalists etc, and it's great to see. There's been criticism of different supporter groups in the past, but ultimately they all want the same thing.

I just hope one day we will all be together again watching the mighty blues (win, lose or draw), whether that be at Roots Hall, AFC Flyde or Priory Park. Let's stay together and not give up the fight !
That was my (our) aim from the top, SOS can’t do this alone it has to be backed by the trust and other groups who all have a dog in the fight. Like our committee being a board church, young, old, businessman or labourer we welcome all because we all Love SUFC, some want to talk and some want to protest all of it is good we all want the same thing

Thanks Stan and everyone involved an excellent meeting.
One point that didn't get discussed was the involvement of the other Directors. What role do they have and should they be also held to account.

That is a very good point and needs to be addressed IMO. What role do they actually fill apart from being names on paper when RM owns most of the shares and takes no notice of anybody.

Re the CEO. I have no idea why SK left to go to Millwall , I presume the job offer and security was better but never heard the actual reason. I know 100% why Tara Brady ( a CEO who mixed with all the fans) left as he could not deal with RM and his ways. I do not think RM liked his way with the fans either. I feel RM does not want a CEO atm as he would be put on the spot with questions that for whatever reason he would not want to answer.

Whilst he controls everything he is answerable to nobody and just does what he likes. That cannot continue any longer if we as a club are to get out of this mess.

Just watched it and what a well presented and well discussed meeting - excellent work to all those involved.
I can't believe I've just watched a zoom meeting which involved ALL THREE of Southends biggest legends - Stan , Tilly and True Blue.
The stuff dreams are made of.
Please you do me disservice! I am nothing in this, it’s about all of us! However this club is my life and gave me the friends in my life who mean everything to me, we can’t stop now and we won’t

Back