• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin should be heckled...

the accounts to 31/7/09 are due at the end of this month, we have had two full seasons since the last published accounts and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then . there may well have been moneys paid by the club iro of non footballing issues in the past years, we will find out eventually, however considering that MD/RM/RHL have had to pump money into the club to keep it going (over 2.5 M for the tax alone) where is the benefit of taking money out when you have to put it back later, and isnt that called borrowing ?

We have no money, the supporters that expected quality players and 2nd tier football left as soon as they came and we are not generating enough income to maintain the "quality" squad that we have / had, let alone the cost of actually running the club as an entity.
In that losing money every week siuation, no assets and no overdraft there is no money to take out.

Before the "up Rons arse" comments flow, I would like to point out that I am not overly impressed with the bloke, I dont think hes dealt with a lot of things particularly well and I think his arrogant " I am a sucessful businessman"patronising attitude when dealing with a large number of people has done any good at all, but I dont think he is using SUFC to subsidise his FF plan, I think he is a property developer deperately trying to hang on to all of his business in a very tough market

Actually Firestorm they were due to Companies House on the 30th April, and as such the club can now expect a minimum late filing penalty of £150....

Thats just 2 that I know of, so there must be more.

You can add to that the £750 still owed to SZFC Ladies football team for the 2 year sponsorship deal agreed that we are still owed £750 from.

No panic though it is only about 9 month's late....luckily SZFC are a very well run club with their fingers on the pulse of finances.

Neither was the money that paid the £2.1M & the £400K that stopped us from being wound up!

Spending the £2M as mention, I believe was OTT, as is building a Darlington-esque 22,000 seater stadium. A stadium of say 15,000 would cost approx £12-15 million less. IF we ever need a bigger ground, we can build onto it. If that happens it means that we are doing so well that the extra cost can be afforded!

The consultancy and planning costs would be exactly the same for a 22,000 stadium as a 15,000 stadium surely, so that wouldnt have saved us anything up to this point.

Is being brought to the point of bankruptcy really worth it for a stadium that would only give us 3,500 extra seats?

15,000 shows no amition whatsoever and wouldnt be worth this hardship, nor would it have stopped us from going through it.

Darlington are nothing like us...

Yeah, Darlington got sh*t fans base like they always does - 7'000 for a match agasint two relegated team is impressive, if we get over 5'000 to 6'000 next season, that would be great, if we around top 7, I would expect more than 7'000 in a big clash of team that fighting for top 3..

Yeah, Darlington got sh*t fans base like they always does - 7'000 for a match agasint two relegated team is impressive, if we get over 5'000 to 6'000 next season, that would be great, if we around top 7, I would expect more than 7'000 in a big clash of team that fighting for top 3..

With Season Ticket sales, we will be lucky to get 4,000..

And nice to see the Ron love in is still alive and kicking..

Onwards and Upwards for next season..

With Season Ticket sales, we will be lucky to get 4,000..

And nice to see the Ron love in is still alive and kicking..

Onwards and Upwards for next season..

According to a Smiffy post last week, Season ticket sales are around 4,800 already.

According to a Smiffy post last week, Season ticket sales are around 4,800 already.

There must be a large number of fans who will renew whatever division we are in and who have supported this club for many years ---- it will only be the disappointed glory hunters or those who cannot afford it who don't renew.

Very much doubt this, although i believe thats what he was told in the club shop. If you were that guy you'd try and sound enthusiastic by quoting high figures, and not saying only 2,000 for example have renewed?.

I know that we have sold the same amount this year as we did last season at this time. The amount of fans that stayed behind after the game to clap the players, showed really good spirit. I don't think we will be far off what our attendances this season have been, next season.

Can't remember how many ST's we have sold though. (Vague)

UTB!

Very much doubt this, although i believe thats what he was told in the club shop. If you were that guy you'd try and sound enthusiastic by quoting high figures, and not saying only 2,000 for example have renewed?.

... or even 2,800 ?

I heard around 4,000 sales this season and 4800 were sold last season.

4000 season card sales in league 2 is top draw when you consider alot of teams down the bottom dont even get half that each game dagenham included.

Errrm?

I do not recall this, getting me confused with someone else I think.

I will ask to clear things up though...

Yeah, Sorry mate it was you who quoted my response when I had quoted Blue Wes here:

When I renewed I actually asked, she said about 4,800 this year, and we are only looking about 1k short of that this year, so just under 4k, a 20% drop in home fans, if you assume the same drop in on the day 2-3k, I guess we are looking at attendences of around 5.5-6.5k next year.

History is written by the victors or at least by people who changed sides at an opportune moment.
Where have all the people who were so happy about the new stadium plans gone to?
Where have all the people who were demanding that the famous war chest be opened and money splurged in the transfer market gone to?
How many of them are the same people who are now saying it gives them no pleasure to say they always said we would run into financial problems?
I take great pleasure in telling you all I take no pleasure in telling you all I was right about everything that has happened (even when I was wrong).

for the whole 90 minutes tomorrow.

Why's that?

Firstly, the man's a pratt.

Secondly, he is solely responsible for this season, and he should know how the players / fans feel.

I advocate and condone any person who wishes to give Martin a piece of their mind, and i urge everyone to do so, in the manner they wish too.. as i know, the majority of people want too.

Mate - I think you need to look at the bigger picture.
Firstly what do you want/expect him to be doing? We have nomoney, we are - without a new stadium - going nowhere in terms of progression. So for those that want progression I believe you need to look at what's going on and take it as the only way forward..

Back