• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Accoring to the echo this morning , the 18 travelling are
Evans Morris
Clohessey Barker Coughlan Nesbitt
Hall Soares Sawyer Grant Woodyard Stevens Bouzid
Sturrock Corr Crawford Asante Smith

With two of them doubtful , if they don't make it its a 5 man Bench

Assuming the two are Sawyer and Corr , and they don't make it I reckon its

Morris
Hall Grant Woodyard Soares
Crawford Sturrock

Evans Morris

Morris
Crawford Sturrock

It's not even a bad side really.
If our play off hopes are REALLY dead according to some, then this is great experience for the youngsters and in experienced for next season!

3 points are still there for the taking!
Ridiculous amount of injuries!

Corr & Hall have a bug. Hall appears to have recovered, Corr on the other hand is struggling.

And it is Sawyer who is injured and probably out for the season, I can assure you of that.

Not wanting to be niggly...............just wishing to be as well informed as possible...........so the question is............
If Sawyer is as badly injured as you indicate, why is he, according to Firestorm (Echo) below, travelling with the rest of the team to Stockport?

Forget promotion, blood some youngsters for the rest of the season. Only one way to find out if they are good enough and that is not by reserve team football.

Someone needs to DEMAND from the club an official statement that we can BELIEVE and validate about whether we are under embargo or not. I'm beginning to think Sturrock has been sucked into be a mouthpiece for Ron and the 40 odd players is a smokescreen. I'd like to think he is genuinely turned down by players who have seen our tarnished reputation but with the amount of free professionals out there I'm finding that a leap of faith too far.

Don't forget ben clarkson:

Dont worry about all the injury news, im packin my shin pads for this weekend!@Crawford100 @Judge7Grant @TheMarkPhillips @h3rdy_11

How bad can he be haha

Evans Morris

Morris
Crawford Sturrock

I agree with that team selection but apparently in training yesterday Stevens was central midfield and Hall was left back.

Sheena's comments on how the injured are progressing are in his blog on the OS -
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Blogs/0,,10444~2323164,00.html

Think it's pretty evident that we're still under an embargo although according to SUFCRootsHall twitter the players Sturrock went after didn't want to join us because of the level of football in League Two and players not rating our chances of play-offs. Strange therefore that Lincoln have signed two players today, Burton have signed someone and even Hereford have managed to sign Jason Price on loan till the end of the season!

Dont no how wages get payed to loan players but we must have to pay a percentage of it, so unless we are still under an embargo, loan players might be worried about being payed on time, or am i stating the obvious. Makes me wonder if PS will carry on next season, with a ball and chain called Martin holding him back.

I dont know which I find more worrying, not being able to sign players because of umbongo, or not being able to sign players because no one that can even just lace their own boots wants to join us.:unsure:

Dont no how wages get payed to loan players but we must have to pay a percentage of it, so unless we are still under an embargo, loan players might be worried about being payed on time, or am i stating the obvious. Makes me wonder if PS will carry on next season, with a ball and chain called Martin holding him back.

I think loan players are still paid by their parent club - who then invoice the other club whatever % was agreed in the loan deal - maybe its the clubs that are turning us down as they don't think we will cough up.

I've just heard we tried to get some bloke called James Osterberg from Dungannon Swifts and an ex-Bulgarian international called Igor Popov but couldn't get insurance cover for them

Sad sad times

Oops forgot about Sawyer, no luck on Sturrock allowing Ferdinand leave from international duty which is poor considering the circumstances.

A little bit harsh on Ferdinand. He gets the call up to play Internationally, and you wan't to deny him the opportunity and send him for a run out in Stockport!

And we haven't recalled Paterson because?

Sorry but we are on the bones of our arses squad wise. Paterson has made a big impression at Stockport won a couple of MOTM's, scored a couple of great goals and we don't recall him?

Smoke and mirrors with this club, just wish we'd find out the real truth about what's going on behind the scenes. I am led to believe that the transfer embargo put on us by the Football League on the 15th Feb has NOT been rescinded.

Maybe there isn't a recall clause in his loan agreement - Just a thought

Oops forgot about Sawyer, no luck on Sturrock allowing Ferdinand leave from international duty which is poor considering the circumstances.

It's not a case of Sturrock allowing Ferdinand leave from international duty, it's a case of RoI blocking our attempts to make him available.

And, if Sawyer is indeed "out for the season", why is he travelling?

Bloody Hell. Terrible news about Sawyer, Saturday is going to be tough. Now feeling a draw would be a great result under the circumstances.

:sad:

I've just heard we tried to get some bloke called James Osterberg from Dungannon Swifts and an ex-Bulgarian international called Igor Popov but couldn't get insurance cover for them

Sad sad times

Haha get a life.

:hilarious:

I can guarantee that we were placed under a transfer embargo mid Feb. Whether or not that has been rescinded I have no idea - but not bringing one single able bodied player into the squad does seem to indicate that it may still be in place. I cannot believe that not one single player wanted to join us.

As for forgetting the play offs - are you having a laugh - there are 24 points out there to win - if we win them we are guaranteed a play off spot. To give up now after such a remarkable second half of the season is nothing but capitulation. Capitulation from the hierarchy of this club who seem incapable of financially taking this club forward.

Win, win, win it's all that matters in football.

Back