• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Think of Bilel Mohsni, then multiply that maverick attitude to a world class player, and there you have Louis Suarez. His behaviour in the Liverpool v Chelsea game today, biting an opponent, was nothing short of disgraceful, and yet, the skill of the player leaves you wondering what the heck goes on in that brain? Such a contradictory disregard, not just for what is right in football, but what is right generally for any human being, means that tomorrow's headlines will be all about him.

Eric Cantona had his moments, but Suarez is streets ahead. It's not the first time he's done this, last time he was banned for several matches. I can't believe the ref didn't even check Ivanovic's arm when the incident happened! For me, this time, not just the FA, but also Liverpool FC need to act. There is no place for such behaviour, and there is no excuse for it. Do the decent thing and sack him.

Suarez-Ivanovic-Wipeout-1846267.jpg

People will say that football needs characters, but he is just a ****. He is a brilliant footballer, and just when he is playing unbelievably well and you are just starting to like Suarez, he turns around and does something like this. The amount of times he has done someone disrespectful is amazing.

If he left in the summer, I would miss Suarez the footballer but would certainly not miss Suarez the man.

it wasn't Suarez's fault, that's how they greet each other in Uruguay.

He's a **** pure and simple. And don't buy this flawed genius crap, he's very good, that's it.

I can't believe the ref didn't even check Ivanovic's arm when the incident happened![/IMG]

That's irrelevant. The referee or his officials have to see the incident if they're to act on it. In this case, it's for the best that the referee hasn't acted, as it allows the FA to condemn him to a lengthier punishment using video stills. I personally think that's his last game for Liverpool.

Think of Bilel Mohsni, then multiply that maverick attitude to a world class player, and there you have Louis Suarez. His behaviour in the Liverpool v Chelsea game today, biting an opponent, was nothing short of disgraceful, and yet, the skill of the player leaves you wondering what the heck goes on in that brain? Such a contradictory disregard, not just for what is right in football, but what is right generally for any human being, means that tomorrow's headlines will be all about him.

Eric Cantona had his moments, but Suarez is streets ahead. It's not the first time he's done this, last time he was banned for several matches. I can't believe the ref didn't even check Ivanovic's arm when the incident happened! For me, this time, not just the FA, but also Liverpool FC need to act. There is no place for such behaviour, and there is no excuse for it. Do the decent thing and sack him.

Suarez-Ivanovic-Wipeout-1846267.jpg

Oh I don't know, drop kicking a fan in the crowd is about as extreme an incident I think I've seen from a player.

Suarez however seems to continually do stupid things so is far more consistently bonkers.

Looked arm to mouth from where I was sitting.

To be fair the defender had his arms by his side, I'm not sure he could have been expected to have moved them as it came from so close.:smile:

That's irrelevant. The referee or his officials have to see the incident if they're to act on it. In this case, it's for the best that the referee hasn't acted, as it allows the FA to condemn him to a lengthier punishment using video stills. I personally think that's his last game for Liverpool.
Why is it irrelevant? Had the ref seen bite marks on Ivanovic's arm then it would have given a pretty clear cut piece of evidence to back up his claim. However, the ref's poor handling of the situation (amongst other poor decisions imho) will, as you say, allow the FA to act upon it.

Why is it irrelevant? Had the ref seen bite marks on Ivanovic's arm then it would have given a pretty clear cut piece of evidence to back up his claim. However, the ref's poor handling of the situation (amongst other poor decisions imho) will, as you say, allow the FA to act upon it.

The ref has to see it with his own eyes.

ESB is right - it's good that the ref didn't see it because now he'll get a more severe (and deserving) punishment.

Ok, so if he hasn't seen it with his own eyes but is confronted with a clear bite mark on an opposing player's arm, what would the right course of action be? None? He saw there had been an incident because of the reaction at the time, but didn't know what it was.

Ok, so if he hasn't seen it with his own eyes but is confronted with a clear bite mark on an opposing player's arm, what would the right course of action be? None? He saw there had been an incident because of the reaction at the time, but didn't know what it was.

Was there a clear bite mark?

The ref blatantly said to Ivanovich that he didn't see the bite but that it'd be picked up by TV and dealt with afterwards.

Refs aren't forensic experts or judges who have to weigh up pieces of evidence. In this case he made the right decision and has left it to the FA.

Because the officials have to see the incident first hand if they're to act on it. They can't just be dishing out judgements based on any injury or scrape, because it removes the context of the incident. There was an incident in South America last season where a player grabbed another's arm and used it to whack himself across the face. Vidic was hounding the official during the week because Carroll had elbowed him, leaving him with a pretty nasty bruise that he was repeatedly pointing to, the official rightly waved it away because it wasn't clear cut in real time whether or not the elbow was intentional, telling Vidic that if it was then it'd be dealt with... I'd imagine the referee yesterday will have said the same.

There was an incident in South America last season where a player grabbed another's arm and used it to whack himself across the face.
I hardly think Ivanovic forced his arm into Suarez's mouth and then forced his jaw to clamp down though! :smile:

Ok, I see what you're saying, let's just hope that the action that's taken is deserving of the crime. I notice on Twitter, Joey Barton said that far worse things happen in nurseries, well, yes, they do. But in those cases, the culprits are under the age of 5!

It's alright though, Liverpool have fined Suarez and he's a good lad because he's asked for it to go to the Hillsborough Family Support Group, which is in no way a *******isation of an extremely sensitive subject, manipulated in an attempt to protect Suarez from criticism.

I hardly think Ivanovic forced his arm into Suarez's mouth and then forced his jaw to clamp down though! :smile:

Ok, I see what you're saying, let's just hope that the action that's taken is deserving of the crime. I notice on Twitter, Joey Barton said that far worse things happen in nurseries, well, yes, they do. But in those cases, the culprits are under the age of 5!

I'm surprised that Ivanovic wasn't more severely injured as a result of those huge incisors committing that incisive strike.

Back