• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we appeal Barry Corr's red card?

• Yes

Votes: 178 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Ref will add things Jam to his defence. Yes their was the lack of a kick out from him but he still squared up to him which has compromised the Refs judgement. And that bit was seen by the Ref as he turned round blowing the whistle as Barry squared up. Ok he gave one reason but in his official report the Ref will add to it. I've stuck my neck out honestly in sayin it is understandable The Club appealed but My genuine feeling is it won;t be won. I hope it does pan out well and I will admit I was wrong if i'am proved wrong. Will you stick your neck out and be confident enough to say you think it will succeed? ( I repeat I'm not 100% sayin it won't succeed but a small majority of me feels it will fail).

If Corr was sent off for a kick and it is proven he didnt kick you cant then justify the red card later by saying he pushed or squared up (which isnt a red card anyway).

It all depends on what the reason was in his report.

If Corr was sent off for a kick and it is proven he didnt kick you cant then justify the red card later by saying he pushed or squared up (which isnt a red card anyway).

Exactly. Also, kicking out is Red Card offence, and yet the Hartlepool player didn't even get a Yellow, or good telling off. Which adds even more to a big mistake been made.

Exactly. Also, kicking out is Red Card offence, and yet the Hartlepool player didn't even get a Yellow, or good telling off. Which adds even more to a big mistake been made.

Indeed, if he was sent off for a kick and the Harlepool player wasnt the lino must surely have mistaken identities.

We shall see..

I think when there are differing views the best solution is to simply agree to disagree but underneath retain a respect which works both ways as we all have a strong interest in SUFC. TO sum up I truly understand the Club submitting an appeal and I will say there is a fair chance of the appeal succeeding. I honestly don'tr think there is much in it , hardly anything really, so I'm not obnoxiusly implying the appeal will fail full-stop. This one can go either way but a little, tiny majority feels in me that the Club will be a shade unlucky. But yet again, If I'm wrong I acknowledge that. I'm not arrogantly predicting it is doomed but just a gut feelin/instinct.

Not sure what the differing view is, Corr was sent off for kicking and he didnt kick.

Whether the league do overturn the red card remains to be seen, they dont do it often. Even if they dont that doesnt change the fact he shouldnt have been sent off.

Not sure what the differing view is, Corr was sent off for kicking and he didnt kick.

Whether the league do overturn the red card remains to be seen, they dont do it often. Even if they dont that doesnt change the fact he shouldnt have been sent off.

I can't believe this many people are disagreeing with you lol

It will certainly be frustrating if he serves a 3 game suspension for being kicked.

At least we got the 3 points, it would be even worse if we had dropped points.

A gentle nudge in the back from a striker is usually punished with a free-kick at worst. The flailing Hartlepool leg looked like a bloke off balance rather than kicking out. I had been worried that BBBC had given the guy a rabbit punch or something, but on the evidence of the tv replays alone there looks to be nothing at all that warrants even a yellow card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back