• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How quick do you walk?!?! Least 15-20

Yes walking. 2 minute drive! Shame about demontagnac but I see him drifting into non league obscurity.
yea it's the same marquis from Milwall. We have a few ex Milwall players already with us and his manager at Torquay was Alan knill who is now our number 2 so that helped us. He's got a real mean streak to him, looks very lively!
btw your fine to pay on arrival. You have to pay in the ticke office but rarely a queue there.

May I say what a pleasure to have a coherent, fair minded conversation with opposing fans on this forum.
Gives me faith in humanity.
Can't see us losing to be honest but who will score for us ? that I don't know either. Draw for me.:smile:

May I say what a pleasure to have a coherent, fair minded conversation with opposing fans on this forum.
Gives me faith in humanity.
Can't see us losing to be honest but who will score for us ? that I don't know either. Draw for me.:smile:

Second Bobby's comment there, we have had a couple of idiots from other teams come on and just make an embarrassment to their fans and club. Mansfield Town's fans being the most recent.

Thanks to all the Northampton fans on here, you really are proper football fans and always welcome on ShrimperZone (well maybe avoid it after the game if we lose, for a bit lol).

Second Bobby's comment there, we have had a couple of idiots from other teams come on and just make an embarrassment to their fans and club. Mansfield Town's fans being the most recent.

Thanks to all the Northampton fans on here, you really are proper football fans and always welcome on ShrimperZone (well maybe avoid it after the game if we lose, for a bit lol).
Cheers both! Don't see the point in coming on here as a WUM. I did come on here before our game at your place in the season but was so deflate afterwards after our performance didn't put any post fight comments. Hopefully it won't be the same tomorrow!

Morning all!

Not on here to cause any drama, hopefully just give a little insight into our team to make sure your a little more clued up for tomorrows game:thumbsup:

First and foremost well done on your season so far, you (Phil Brown more so) has surprised me by making you a solid playoff team. We have been beyond dreadful, but ill get to that!

If you are attending San Sixfields tomorrow couple of tips. There are no bars or pubs directly outside the ground of any quality, you have a franky and bennies, thats about it! Best tip would be edge of town a pub called the malt shovel, plenty of good ales etc and only 5 minute drive from the ground. With regards to parking, dont bother with the main car park. It takes forever to get out! There is a housing estate behind the BP garage opposite sixfields. Plenty of free parking, few minutes walk and traffic free!

Now the football.... I think we may be turning a corner to what has been a HORRIFIC season. Lowest scorers in the league, dismal performances and football, we have had 30 PLAYERS come in and out since the playoffs a sure way to balls up your season! Sadly Aidy had to go (although my neck has now recovered nicely), we probably won about 4 away games in the calender year, and he really was going a bit mental!

Chris Wilder and Alan Knill have come in and done a good job so far, shipping out the loanees, hangers on and bringing in quality up for the fight. We will probably line up in the following manner.

Duke
Mcsweeney Diamond Doumbe Robertson
Hackett Carter Ravenhill Dickenson
Connell/Marquis Sinclair

Injuries to key players have really not helped out cause, our skipper and player of last season Langemad has been out all season and probably wont play again this season, and then our stand in skipper Lee Collins has just been ruled out the rest of the season. Our keeper Duke has gone through a dodgy patch recently but generally fairly solid. Zander Diamond had a great debut and looks a real presence in both boxes. Expect Mcsweeney to get forward A LOT to help out our most creative player Chris Hackett. Our CM's generally just sit in and hold and allow the rest to do the business going forward. The top 3 all have pedigree at this level and each look much better than what we had.

After a huge home win on Saturday we need to keep the momentum going, quite fancy us to sneak a win as dont think you lot have been in the best of form recently, will go for a 2-1 victory.

Any questions feel free to ask! Any insight into your team/season would be great!

All the best, Cobblers!

I think you are a nailed on dead cert to beat us !

Wouldn't of been saying that a month or so ago would we.

Quite right, its sad that now i dont have any confidence in the team . And I think the players confidence is rock bottom also. What we so need is luck on our side, got to be honest in the teams defence they have not had any !

Oh stop it guys:blush:

Was at the game in August and enjoyed it, result aside! Plus, we beat Essex in the T20 Semi (cricket) and went on to win it so that softened the blow.

Will BBBC be playing tomorrow?

Assuming he plays, this will be the third time Marquis has played against us this season and for a third different club! A first?!

Oh stop it guys:blush:

Was at the game in August and enjoyed it, result aside! Plus, we beat Essex in the T20 Semi (cricket) and went on to win it so that softened the blow.

Will BBBC be playing tomorrow?

Normally one of the first names on the team sheet these days so I would personally say yes.

Quite right, its sad that now i dont have any confidence in the team . And I think the players confidence is rock bottom also. What we so need is luck on our side, got to be honest in the teams defence they have not had any !

Its fortunate for us that we had a few games postponed to allow our management duo to settle along with our new players. I would of confidently predicted a loss for us previously, but with our slight upturn, and your downturn the rain worked out well for us!

Oh and before I forget DO NOT park in the cinema car park across the road, you will get a fine as I have sadly learned from experience.

You can also take advantage of Red Hot restaurant burning down and park in their car park. Last few home games we've done it, should still be okay to tonight. Haven't received a ticket yet.

You can also take advantage of Red Hot restaurant burning down and park in their car park. Last few home games we've done it, should still be okay to tonight. Haven't received a ticket yet.

Cheers, thanks for the info. Slightly ironic that...Red hot restaurant burning down :-)

Back