• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ched Evans?

• Yes

Votes: 158 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 252 56.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 37 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see today that in a Daily Mail survey of all 92 clubs , we were one if the few to state we would definitely not sign him.
Many failed to respond or simply said 'no comment' but seems that our position is clear , rightly or wrongly.

I see today that in a Daily Mail survey of all 92 clubs , we were one if the few to state we would definitely not sign him.
Many failed to respond or simply said 'no comment' but seems that our position is clear , rightly or wrongly.

Really the report I read said our response was Southend: There has been no suggestion he has been offered to us. Other than that, no comment.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30698618

It would appear that certain individuals and groups believe their view is above the law of the land. Evans was found guilty and sentenced by a court of law. There were numerous sentences open and the one deemed correct was handed down.
We now appear to have a unique law for Evans. He is not allowed to contribute and move on with his life.

It is always mentioned that he shows no remorse. He is legally allowed to appeal. An appeal court will make a further verdict.
Nobody says sorry if they maintain they did not do it.

Evans is not treated like other prisoners released.

Most other prisoners release understand their crime and as a result feel some sort of remorse. Ched Evans fundamentally doesn't think what he did is wrong, that is why he's being differently to a) other prisoners who have been released and b) other footballers that have gone to prison for serious crimes.

This is of course exacerbated by his position as a public figure.

Most other prisoners release understand their crime and as a result feel some sort of remorse. Ched Evans fundamentally doesn't think what he did is wrong, that is why he's being differently to a) other prisoners who have been released and b) other footballers that have gone to prison for serious crimes.

This is of course exacerbated by his position as a public figure.

Maybe Evans did nothing wrong apart from a drunken escapade where his co accused was cleared of rape yet he was guilty,makes no sense.

Maybe Evans did nothing wrong apart from a drunken escapade where his co accused was cleared of rape yet he was guilty,makes no sense.

That is a stunningly naive way of treating a man who was found guilty of rape and served 2.5 years in prison.

Not what I read - we simply said we haven't been approached, and other than that "no comment".

What is that based on? Is it based on all the evidence? The jury got to hear all the evidence, and still convicted him, and acquitted his co accused. I wonder why that is...they must have made a terrible mistake. I bet they're all sitting at home cursing themselves for being so stupid.

What is that based on? Is it based on all the evidence? The jury got to hear all the evidence, and still convicted him, and acquitted his co accused. I wonder why that is...they must have made a terrible mistake. I bet they're all sitting at home cursing themselves for being so stupid.

Evans has maintained his innocence which suggests to me he is either ignorant and stupid or eh innocent!

I just find it incredible one guy is cleared yet the other guy is jailed whilst the accuser apparently happily boasted on her Twitter the amount of compensation she would receive.

Evans Imo is at best a vile person or at worst a vile beast.

I don't know the full story as nobody does,the only people who actually really know are the 3 in that room.

Evans has maintained his innocence which suggests to me he is either ignorant and stupid or eh innocent!

I just find it incredible one guy is cleared yet the other guy is jailed whilst the accuser apparently happily boasted on her Twitter the amount of compensation she would receive.

I don't know the full story as nobody does,the only people who actually really know are the 3 in that room.

That is correct. I'd go for 2 out of the 3. Guess which 2?!!

If you find it incredible, instead of saying it (and, frankly, making yourself sound silly) go and explore the reasons. (FWIW I thought the same until I looked into it...)

There's a great quote from Mark Twain that I remind myself of many times a day:

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."

If you don't know the full story why after 600+ posts if discussion come up with the idea of 'maybe he did nothing wrong other than a drunken escaped' - I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned before in this thread. Oh hang on it has - over and over and over. You know schools teach people to read as well as write, maybe read and then decide what to write then we won't have to start all over again.

Steve Bruce now backing him, saying he needs a second chance.

I hear the bin men are hiring, that where a lot of ex-convicts who aren't extraordinarily average footballers,tend up end up. Or back inside.

If you don't know the full story why after 600+ posts if discussion come up with the idea of 'maybe he did nothing wrong other than a drunken escaped' - I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned before in this thread. Oh hang on it has - over and over and over. You know schools teach people to read as well as write, maybe read and then decide what to write then we won't have to start all over again.

The woman stated her drink was spiked..it wasn't !

She clearly was not drunk according to the CCTV!

An element of doubt Imo.

This has got to be one of the most laborious threads in the last twelve months. The world and his brother has had a say and maybe it's time to call it a day on this one eh?:thumbsup:

This has got to be one of the most laborious threads in the last twelve months. The world and his brother has had a say and maybe it's time to call it a day on this one eh?:thumbsup:

Oh, come on. It's just starting to get interesting. Call it a slow burner!

The woman stated her drink was spiked..it wasn't !

She clearly was not drunk according to the CCTV!

An element of doubt Imo.

You were not on the jury or had full exposure to the facts of the case so your element of doubt is about as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot.

Paddy Power gave me odds of 25/1 he would sign for Southend
William Hill refused to give me odds.

William Hill know that he's signing for us, you heard it here first #ITK :Worthy:

I'm not sure if I would be comfortable if Evans came here, and it's very unlikely, but back in October, Phil Brown said (apparently)...

"He has to resume his career. Once you've served your time, you've served your time. Once you've come out, you've got to get on with your life. I'd have him back."

That was obviously a personal opinion, but would the club ever entertain the idea. Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back