• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ched Evans?

• Yes

Votes: 158 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 252 56.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 37 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the statement smacks of desperation and is too little too late. He may be being advised badly but I fail to see how condemning his vile 'supporters' (who let's not forget are getting information from a source at least very close to Evans (and at the risk of incurring LondonBlues wrath dare I suggest maybe from Evans himself...) would jeopardise his appeal.

If he thought the supporters site and treatment of the victim was abhorrent I'm sure it wouldn't have taken much to pursuade his legal team along those lines, so I am going to suggest that all his actions since coming out portray him as a nasty self obsessed man and I'm glad he has lost yet another chance to return to the game.

Really? Now that is news!

I'm struggling to take seriously an article that barely addresses the evidence (no mention of the text from McDonald to Evans inviting him to come to the hotel room for example) and instead spouts rubbish like this:

Frankly, it’s just risible, hysterical third-rate journalism.

Everywhere one looks now in the mainstream media, Rolf Harris is referred to as “a convicted paedophile”. Several columnists have used the same descriptor for Dave Lee Travis and Stuart Hall.

All of these slurs are medically inaccurate, and will I think in the fullness of time be proved completely false on every other dimension. Jimmy Savile did not groom a nation, because such an achievement is palpably physically impossible.

I still maintain that the child killer currently playing for Plymouth got nowhere near this coverage and got away lightly...who chooses which crimes are forgivable etc.

I'm struggling to take seriously an article that barely addresses the evidence (no mention of the text from McDonald to Evans inviting him to come to the hotel room for example) and instead spouts rubbish like this:
Agreed, it's a third rate peice of journalism and for half of it he is attacking someone else for thier rate journalism.

'The core point in all this is the robotic assumption of guilt, and – for me – the worrying bias in reporting by journalists with closed minds who wave half-baked conclusions around at random with only minimal investigation' - this sums it up for me 1) the assumption of guilt is rather valid when he has been found guilty and served time in prison for the crime - I think it is fair for journalist to refer to his guilt has it has legal standing, 2) he had also made half baked conclusions with minimal investigation.

and as you say - I too have no idea what he is trying to say about Jimmy Saville but it does him no favours if we are expected to take his Ched Evans rant seriously.

I still maintain that the child killer currently playing for Plymouth got nowhere near this coverage and got away lightly...who chooses which crimes are forgivable etc.
None of the ones that have been mentioned in comparison with Ched Evans are forgivable - he or his team have just chosen the high profile route and has got a lot more coverage because of that.

boring isn't it ....

If he were to join SUFC I have two daughters who might notice the fuss and ask me whats hes done wrong ..... and I would rather not have to explain what ugly scummy filth do on a night out in Rhyl ......

and as for the people making excuses and trying to imply a 19 year old girl was complicit ..... it says something about their
low life world doesn't it.. two grown men carrying on like that ..... effing animals.

None of the ones that have been mentioned in comparison with Ched Evans are forgivable - he or his team have just chosen the high profile route and has got a lot more coverage because of that.

How have they 'chosen' a high profile route I don't understand....I believe the anti rape voice is far louser and shouty than the anti drink drive voices....why is that??? That's my real question I suppose why is rape considered worthy of higher profile than killing someone through drink driving....

How have they 'chosen' a high profile route I don't understand....I believe the anti rape voice is far louser and shouty than the anti drink drive voices....why is that??? That's my real question I suppose why is rape considered worthy of higher profile than killing someone through drink driving....
He chose high profile by making videos and statements on his own website, his family and in particular his girlfriend's family have contacted the media on numerous occasions making pronouncements about the case. Other people less directly connected to Evans have made use of the media, Internet, Twitter in some cases in a most unsavoury way and threatening his victim (he has only today spoken out against this). That is where the high profile starts.

He chose high profile by making videos and statements on his own website, his family and in particular his girlfriend's family have contacted the media on numerous occasions making pronouncements about the case. Other people less directly connected to Evans have made use of the media, Internet, Twitter in some cases in a most unsavoury way and threatening his victim (he has only today spoken out against this). That is where the high profile starts.

Ahhhh thanks for that....I have channelled out of a lot of social media etc and wasn't aware of said videos...poor poor move on his part.....at least keep ya head down etc.

I think *** was referring to Ched Evan and his 'supporters' generally. The vile way his victim has been harassed (had to change her identity 5 times according to one account), that website, no admission of any wrongdoing etc. plus there is a more prevalent social media for ppl to voice their opinion.

Many were disgusted by McCormack but he acted more appropriately and with more contrition than Evans after the crime. Doesn't make the crime less bad but the reaction is understandable.

It would appear that certain individuals and groups believe their view is above the law of the land. Evans was found guilty and sentenced by a court of law. There were numerous sentences open and the one deemed correct was handed down.
We now appear to have a unique law for Evans. He is not allowed to contribute and move on with his life.

It is always mentioned that he shows no remorse. He is legally allowed to appeal. An appeal court will make a further verdict.
Nobody says sorry if they maintain they did not do it.

Evans is not treated like other prisoners released.

It would appear that certain individuals and groups believe their view is above the law of the land. Evans was found guilty and sentenced by a court of law. There were numerous sentences open and the one deemed correct was handed down.
We now appear to have a unique law for Evans. He is not allowed to contribute and move on with his life.

It is always mentioned that he shows no remorse. He is legally allowed to appeal. An appeal court will make a further verdict.
Nobody says sorry if they maintain they did not do it.

Evans is not treated like other prisoners released.
as has been said though since his release he has created a situation that makes it very difficult for anyone willing to help him move on. It's not about being above the law it's about him creating an atmosphere that puts off new employers.

There's a whole paper on rehabilitation of offenders and I'm sure the way Evans has been treated goes totally against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back