• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ched Evans?

• Yes

Votes: 158 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 252 56.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 37 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I would be comfortable if Evans came here, and it's very unlikely, but back in October, Phil Brown said (apparently)...

"He has to resume his career. Once you've served your time, you've served your time. Once you've come out, you've got to get on with your life. I'd have him back."

That was obviously a personal opinion, but would the club ever entertain the idea. Probably not.

Given that RM vetoed Luke McCormick, you'd have to say definitely not.

Evans has maintained his innocence which suggests to me he is either ignorant and stupid or eh innocent!

I just find it incredible one guy is cleared yet the other guy is jailed whilst the accuser apparently happily boasted on her Twitter the amount of compensation she would receive.

Evans Imo is at best a vile person or at worst a vile beast.

I don't know the full story as nobody does,the only people who actually really know are the 3 in that room.

Most convicted criminals claim they are innocent, that's why we have a court system because most of the time guilty people plead not guilty even though they are.

The reason the other guy was cleared is because he was seen flirting with this girl all night, whereas Evans only showed up because McDonald text him saying he had a girl in the hotel room. It is very unlikely she came to the hotel knowing Evans was going to show up with two mates trying to film outside the window, but she did go there knowing McDonald would be with her giving him a much stronger story than Evans.

Most convicted criminals claim they are innocent, that's why we have a court system because most of the time guilty people plead not guilty even though they are.

The reason the other guy was cleared is because he was seen flirting with this girl all night, whereas Evans only showed up because McDonald text him saying he had a girl in the hotel room. It is very unlikely she came to the hotel knowing Evans was going to show up with two mates trying to film outside the window, but she did go there knowing McDonald would be with her giving him a much stronger story than Evans.

I thought the girl met Mcdonald by chance in the kebab shop around 2am ?

For the record I'm not defending Evan's !Just uneasy about the whole thing.

Load of *****. It's not just women (or radical feminists?) who have a problem with Evans, plenty of men do too.

Of course, you're absolutely right, but please be clear that I’m not aligning myself with the author, just trying to introduce a potentially different point of view into a rational debate.

Yeah, can we not debase ourselves to consider Rod Liddle as an acceptable source of debate please? He's much like Katie Hopkins, a troll for hire.

Oh, come on. It's just starting to get interesting. Call it a slow burner!

I guess my idea of interesting and yours are slightly different then. As for a slow burner, this thread has reached boiling point several times, the gas has been turned down a bit and then turned back up. Overcooking never does make a good thread.

45 pages of wasted comments.

I presume / hope that your post was meant to be ironic....

Actually for a thread of this length the debate has, with only minor exceptions, been quite healthy - I'd imagine a thread of this length on Phil Browns style of play to be far less civilised, and more boring.

I think he should be given a chance (he has served his sentence), but any club who does that will face a lot of aggro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back