• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ched Evans?

• Yes

Votes: 158 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 252 56.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 37 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
as has been said though since his release he has created a situation that makes it very difficult for anyone willing to help him move on. It's not about being above the law it's about him creating an atmosphere that puts off new employers.

I understand your view.
However, there is without any questionl an agenda unique to Evans.
I saw an intelligent young lady interviewed on the BBC. She is campaigning against Evans being allowed the same rights as other convicted criminals. Now she had a firm view..which I do understand. BUT she refused to answer any comments the reporter made that suggested she was trying to put the Evans case above the LAW OF THE LAND. She just talked over him as though ANY other opinion was irrelevent, wrong and quite frankly mad. She was obnoxious.

I do not believe that obnoxious people who will not even listen, consider or argue against an opposing suggestion - should be allowed to make football a profession that does not follow the law of the land. It is notable that she appeared to have no interest in football but is interfering in a football/footballer/law situation.

Evans may not be a decent man. But he is allowed the same rights as eveyone else. Oh...no he is not!!!!!!

Wasn't able to go yesterday, how much stick did McCormick get? He has done far worse than Ched in my eyes and seems to have been forgotten

wow this was a so called supporter who wasn't going to renew his season ticket because we lost, fickle supporter you self, just remember what you post previous before replying to others

uts

I was fed up with PB's woeful tactics and ability to win games. I decided to give him another chance but wished I hadn't to be fair

Wasn't able to go yesterday, how much stick did McCormick get? He has done far worse than Ched in my eyes and seems to have been forgotten

Not a lot, a few boos here and there but that's about it. I think people are able to sympathise a lot more with McCormick because a lot of people have probably once driven over the limit without realising, he was twice over the limit which is roughly three pints of beer. Whilst anyone who does it is an idiot it is pretty easy to put yourself in Luke's shoes realising you need to be somewhere and feeling like you are ok to drive when in reality you are not. McCormick was unfortunate enough to cause dire consequences because of his actions but most people truthfully could name a time either they or a friend was lucky to not have the same happen to them.

It's a lot harder to put yourself in Evan's shoes for most people because most people do not have mates that text them saying they have a girl in a hotel room even though you are in a relationship, it isn't a situation most people can imagine themselves being in and if they were most people would ignore the text. There's also the intent argument, whether he has been falsely accused or not Evans deliberately cheated on his girlfriend and had his mates try and film sex through the hotel window, that's not the kind of character people sympathise with.

TBV kept up a pretty consistent "Murderer, murderer," chant for most of the 1st half while McCormick was in the goal at that end.

Not a lot, a few boos here and there but that's about it. I think people are able to sympathise a lot more with McCormick because a lot of people have probably once driven over the limit without realising, he was twice over the limit which is roughly three pints of beer. Whilst anyone who does it is an idiot it is pretty easy to put yourself in Luke's shoes realising you need to be somewhere and feeling like you are ok to drive when in reality you are not. McCormick was unfortunate enough to cause dire consequences because of his actions but most people truthfully could name a time either they or a friend was lucky to not have the same happen to them.

It's a lot harder to put yourself in Evan's shoes for most people because most people do not have mates that text them saying they have a girl in a hotel room even though you are in a relationship, it isn't a situation most people can imagine themselves being in and if they were most people would ignore the text. There's also the intent argument, whether he has been falsely accused or not Evans deliberately cheated on his girlfriend and had his mates try and film sex through the hotel window, that's not the kind of character people sympathise with.

Whilst there may well a sense of "There but for the grace of God..." over a drink driving conviction, I think the biggest thing is that he has been remorseful, has turned his life around and is a different man as a result.

With Evans, I read an interesting article in the Football Paper this morning about the fact that actually, Evans would be far more penalised by actually playing football again; every player he came up against, every fan that booed him, every awkward interview, his life would have to be squeaky clean as he would be higher profile than ever. That could serve as a pretty good example for any other would be sex offender who was a footballer or other sportsman/person with a high profile.

As I say, interesting.

I understand your view.
However, there is without any questionl an agenda unique to Evans.
I saw an intelligent young lady interviewed on the BBC. She is campaigning against Evans being allowed the same rights as other convicted criminals. Now she had a firm view..which I do understand. BUT she refused to answer any comments the reporter made that suggested she was trying to put the Evans case above the LAW OF THE LAND. She just talked over him as though ANY other opinion was irrelevent, wrong and quite frankly mad. She was obnoxious.

I do not believe that obnoxious people who will not even listen, consider or argue against an opposing suggestion - should be allowed to make football a profession that does not follow the law of the land. It is notable that she appeared to have no interest in football but is interfering in a football/footballer/law situation.

Evans may not be a decent man. But he is allowed the same rights as eveyone else. Oh...no he is not!!!!!!

Is he actually being treated any worse than anyone else though?

I work for a major UK Insurance company and if I was convicted of a crime (any crime, not just rape) which lead to a custodial sentence my contract would be terminated immediately. Evans, I believe, continued to be paid during his time inside, a privilege afforded to very few employees.

Upon release from prison I doubt very much my employee would take me back on. In fact I doubt any insurance company would sign an underwriter with a rape conviction on their CV. This is true of many professions in both the private and public sector.

Yes, there is a place for rehabilitation but in a legal sense that is to reintegrate the offender back into society. That reintegration does not automatically mean that person returns to their previous profession or enjoys a similar status to that prior to their conviction. In fact most people, especially sex offenders, have very limited opportunities upon release and need to pursue new or different careers. In that respect Ched Evans is no different.

He should have his appeal, see the result of that, serve the rest of his sentence on licence and then look to play again, not try and find a club now. I'd be a lot more open to the idea if that were the case.

This has got to be one of the most laborious threads in the last twelve months. The world and his brother has had a say and maybe it's time to call it a day on this one eh?:thumbsup:

I don't understand this in the slightest. If it's bothering you that much, you could just ignore it? Not click on it? There's stacks of boring threads on here, where this one has been the most entertaining & constructive on this site for years.

Are you Jam Man in disguise? He loves locking a thread. Just try and ignore it if it bothers you that much, don't ruin everyone else's enjoyment

Those who've said they wouldn't want him here - hypothetically - would your feelings change IF he's appeal was successful & the sentence rescinded, would you support/welcome him or would this whole saga still cast a shadow over him?

I don't understand this in the slightest. If it's bothering you that much, you could just ignore it? Not click on it? There's stacks of boring threads on here, where this one has been the most entertaining & constructive on this site for years.

Are you Jam Man in disguise? He loves locking a thread. Just try and ignore it if it bothers you that much, don't ruin everyone else's enjoyment

At the end of the day it's about opinions. I have mine and you obviously have yours. I will now swerve this one but because that's what I choose to do, not because you tell me to. Thanks for the feedback though, always welcome.

Those who've said they wouldn't want him here - hypothetically - would your feelings change IF he's appeal was successful & the sentence rescinded, would you support/welcome him or would this whole saga still cast a shadow over him?

I would be stunned if it was overturned. The body examining the case has a <3% success rate in overturning convictions.

That said even if it was found that he was involved in a miscarriage of justice I'd still think twice about wanting him at the club.

I would be stunned if it was overturned. The body examining the case has a <3% success rate in overturning convictions.

That said even if it was found that he was involved in a miscarriage of justice I'd still think twice about wanting him at the club.

Thats why I said hypothetically. So imagine, hypothetically, front page news, Evans acquitted etc etc. Would you want him then? Or would this whole thing have tainted the man for the rest of his life?

At the end of the day it's about opinions. I have mine and you obviously have yours. I will now swerve this one but because that's what I choose to do, not because you tell me to. Thanks for the feedback though, always welcome.

lol I'm not telling you to do anything mate, I'm saying if you don't like this thread anymore, instead of calling for its end, why not just ignore it & let us, those who ARE still enjoying it, to carry on enjoying it?

Jesus, half the threads on here are mind numbing garbage, but I wouldn't call for them to be stopped. I'd simply not bother looking at it. I'm not trying to be condescending here, but surely it's pretty basic common sense, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back