• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corporal Punishment for Venables

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Following on from a very brief discussion in a seperate thread a few months ago, it's been confirmed today that Jon Venables is to once again stand trial for possessing indecent images of children. I'd like to gauge people's thoughts on whether Corporal Punishment would be justified here.

Personally, I wholeheartedly believe that this monster is as dangerous as he ever was, and will forever be a danger to children. Locking him up for the rest of his life serves no obvious purpose, other than to be a drain on funds. He has failed to rehabilitate, and has proven that he cannot integrate with a normal society. He doesn't follow social laws or expectations. He doesn't want to change. He doesn't want to rehabilitate. He simply will never add anything positive to society.

Its inevitable that he'll return to prison later this year, again, on an indefinite sentence, and will find himself Infront of another parole board in a few years time. To me, that's just pathetic. I'm not a fan of Corporal Punishment, but I'd happily make an exception for him, as it seems to be In the best interest of the general public.

So simple question, would you prefer to see Venables iced, or banged up again. If the answer is banged up, please convince me I'm wrong, as I can't find any sensible objection to offing this stain on humanity.

And For those not overly familiar with Venables, Here's the tale of the tape;

1993: Veneables is locked away for the brutal torture & murder of James Bulger

2001: Venables is released on licence, under a new identity

2010: Venables is sentenced to two years in prison, after distributing & possessing numerous indecent images of children. Some of which included the sexual assault of toddlers

2013: Venables is released with his second new identity, on recommendation of the parole board

2017: Venables is recalled to prison, for once again being in possession of paedophilic images

2018: Venables is charged over the indecent images.

Yes, if it were as simple as that. The bloke is scum and doesn't deserve a life.
How much legislation etc would have to be passed and at what cost to bring back the death penalty? and what would be the criteria where it is used?

Edit: I would like to stress I don't think you are wrong at all, I just can't see it happening because of red tape

Yes, if it were as simple as that. The bloke is scum and doesn't deserve a life.
How much legislation etc would have to be passed and at what cost to bring back the death penalty? and what would be the criteria where it is used?

Well, the legislation would undoubtedly be hard to pass, without a very high national support for it. In most cases, I don't think CP is a good idea, and wouldn't/shouldn't be considered.

However, this specifc individual meets my ideal criteria. That being; he has committed 3 very serious crimes, which involve very young children. He has refused or failed to rehabilitate, and will forever pose a threat to the general public. And the most important piece of criteria, is that the only other option for him, is to spend the rest of his life inside a prison, at the expense of the taxpayer. I can't see how anyone really benefits from that? Put him out of his misery, save the funds & do the world a favour, so this personification of evil cannot hurt anyone else, ever again

Well, the legislation would undoubtedly be hard to pass, without a very high national support for it. In most cases, I don't think CP is a good idea, and wouldn't/shouldn't be considered.

However, this specifc individual meets my ideal criteria. That being; he has committed 3 very serious crimes, which involve very young children. He has refused or failed to rehabilitate, and will forever pose a threat to the general public. And the most important piece of criteria, is that the only other option for him, is to spend the rest of his life inside a prison, at the expense of the taxpayer. I can't see how anyone really benefits from that? Put him out of his misery, save the funds & do the world a favour, so this personification of evil cannot hurt anyone else, ever again

I think we agree to be honest mate.

Struggling to work out what aspects of the current legal process / sentencing guidelines the OP is questioning
is it .

Should the penalty for Murder be death ? Debateable but not relevant in this instance as he was a minor at the time of the offence/original court case.

Should Minors be executed if the crime warrants it ?

Should the penalty for possession of indecent images be death ?

Should there be a totting up sentence where after 3 convictions , one of which is murder, the death penalty is the sentence for the third offence ?

Ignoring the arguments about the morality of the death sentence itself, there would also need to be some fundamental changes to the legal system to execute Venables even if the death Penalty was still in place.

Struggling to work out what aspects of the current legal process / sentencing guidelines the OP is questioning
is it .

Should the penalty for Murder be death ? Debateable but not relevant in this instance as he was a minor at the time of the offence/original court case.

Should Minors be executed if the crime warrants it ?

Should the penalty for possession of indecent images be death ?

Should there be a totting up sentence where after 3 convictions , one of which is murder, the death penalty is the sentence for the third offence ?

Ignoring the arguments about the morality of the death sentence itself, there would also need to be some fundamental changes to the legal system to execute Venables even if the death Penalty was still in place.

No, the inference is that Venables doesn't deserve another chance of rehabilitation, nor does he deserve the opportunity to live out his days in prison.

Its quite simple really, I see absolutely no positive to keeping Venables alive. Can you?

Already had one new identity, now will have to be given another one if and when released following completion of sentence. An absolute drain on the public purse. Yes, if we could, without any shadow of a doubt.

Nice idea but you won't get much support for execution or corporal punishment.

The whole justice system is a failure. Just today it has been announced that John Worboys , the black cab rapist will be released.

Theodore Johnson has just been sentenced to life for killing his partner. The thing is he has done it twice before and already been sentenced both times.

The really bizarre thing is those that scream for women's rights the loudest are the ones who are happy to release the very people who are the biggest danger to women.

One thing I have learnt in life is that there are 2 justice systems operating, one for us and one for the elite. Venables, Worboys etc are released because they will never ruin any one from the establishments life, just more of the plebs.

Ever heard of Ian Ball......most people haven't. He has been in prison since 1974 and is currently in Broadmoor.......
Did he kill anyone ? no.....
Rape? no

No he made the mistake of trying to kidnap Princess Anne 44 years ago........Even if you google him he is barely mentioned by name just headlines like 'Crazed Gunman'.......Now there is a clear deterrent to any would be criminal, by all means murder rape and rob from your own because we make a living playing out court room dramas which are the elites version of reality TV.......But be warned if you cross that line, you will definitely get justice.

No, the inference is that Venables doesn't deserve another chance of rehabilitation, nor does he deserve the opportunity to live out his days in prison.

Its quite simple really, I see absolutely no positive to keeping Venables alive. Can you?

Okay. my mistake,

Can I see positive for keeping him alive, no, but we are not keeping him alive , we are not killing him , there is a difference .

The no option seems a bit loaded in the poll, Venables does not 'deserve life' however executing him paves the way for other people to be executed, and if you go down that path sooner or later you're going to end up executing an innocent man. It's estimated around 4% of Americans executed were actually innocent, that is far too high for to be comfortable with the death penalty being on the table. If our justice system was infallible then fine, but that's not reality, it's impossible for the correct verdict to always be reached so sooner or later you're going to end up putting someone on death row that shouldn't be there.

I’d happily execute the murdering peado oxygen thief myself. Piece of *****.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should rot in jail, death is the easy route out, quick electric shock and then he gets the relief of nothingness.

Millions of parents around the country would also get the relief that one less dangerous peadophile is on the streets.

Unfortunately, the CPS have failed once again, and whilst I'd like to side with you, and reluctantly agree that rotting in prison would be a, for lack of a better word, good outcome, it's inevitable that Venables will be out & back on licence within a few years.

Nice idea but you won't get much support for execution or corporal punishment.

Of course not, and TBH I wouldn't advocate corporal punishment normally, however, this particular individual deserves nothing less, and I'm yet to be convinced otherwise

Back