• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Wimbledon in Leasing.com trophy Wednesday 13th November 2019 19:45

What's your starting 11, and what's your crowd and result prediction for Wednesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have, in past seasons, enjoyed these games and seeing the youths.
This is a "free" game so I hope to see Rush and others plus maybe Ridgewell and some other rarely seen legends.

This is my message board.

That aside, the result of this game actually matters to Orient. Lose (in regulation or on penalties), and we’ll go out of this s***stain of a competition.
Don’t fancy a run to the final? I think to be honest mate you’ve summed up most fans’ thoughts about this shambles of a tournament

Don’t fancy a run to the final? I think to be honest mate you’ve summed up most fans’ thoughts about this shambles of a tournament

Think I’ll pass at a fifth final defeat in a row, cheers. Hopefully it’ll be between two far-flung B-teams with a sub 5k attendance.

In desperation, I’ve gone for:

Oxley

Demetriou Kiernan Dieng Ralph

Bwomono Hyam Hutchinson McLaughlin

Cox Hopper

It will probably be **** and lose, but at least there is a bit more going forward and some (brittle) bite in midfield.

I usually attend every game when my team plays, but I am so depressed with them now that I’m not going to this. I reckon it will be fortunate if over 500 turn up.

Perhaps at the next league home game we should all watch the game in silence as a protest ... did not Celtic fans do this some years ago?

A pointless match that will no doubt be the lowest crowd in our history, unless the Dons come in any numbers.

I would play the under 23’s team, to give them a chance to impress for a first team starting against Oxford.

The first team squad I would genuinely give a week off, tell them to come back a week Monday and let Sol know if they want to be here or not. If they don’t they should never pull on a Southend shirt again.

We have one league game in 4 weeks now! A chance to get some perspective on things

Only East Green seats on sale for this game. Pretty sure it's going to be out lowest ever first team crowd.

A pointless match that will no doubt be the lowest crowd in our history, unless the Dons come in any numbers.

I would play the under 23’s team, to give them a chance to impress for a first team starting against Oxford.

The first team squad I would genuinely give a week off, tell them to come back a week Monday and let Sol know if they want to be here or not. If they don’t they should never pull on a Southend shirt again.

We have one league game in 4 weeks now! A chance to get some perspective on things

Sol knows already who doesn't want to be here. Rather than a week off, the slackers can do double sessions. They can even train hard on the Friday and Saturday as the won't have to rest.

Anyone with a calf strain or sudden migraine can come in on Sunday.

I have heard some more stories at the weekend that are truly shocking.

I would the so called fans who think they can do better than the current squad

Sol knows already who doesn't want to be here. Rather than a week off, the slackers can do double sessions. They can even train hard on the Friday and Saturday as the won't have to rest.

Go on, share them. We're past being easily shocked!

With the Burton game postponed and no game a couple weeks later due to no fa cup commitments, we have something like two games in 27 days. For the reason I’d like to see Sol play a full strength side (none of them deserve an extended rest after yesterday’s performance anyway) where he can try a few different things just to get that first win and our first at home under his belt.

With the Burton game postponed and no game a couple weeks later due to no fa cup commitments, we have something like two games in 27 days. For the reason I’d like to see Sol play a full strength side (none of them deserve an extended rest after yesterday’s performance anyway) where he can try a few different things just to get that first win and our first at home under his belt.
Are we allowed to play the under 8's?

Whereas Dover was a real chance to turn over a new leaf (that turned out well), on the face of it, this game means exactly diddly-squat for us. Can't be arsed to check the rules of this silly competition but would I be right in assuming that, with victory over us, AFCW can progress into the knock-out phase? If that's correct AFCW will be making some effort to win. My first thought was rest as many players as possible but I'm now in agreement with MisterStubbs, that it offers us a chance, with no pressure, to try some new things out (if it hasn't all been tried with this squad). I'm even mildly attracted to rigsby's more sadistic reasoning.........although to be fully persuaded, I'd have to hear more about these truly shocking stories! :Smile:

I am going as I want to be a record breaker........lowest crowd ever - less than 500 I reckon :-)

Whereas Dover was a real chance to turn over a new leaf (that turned out well), on the face of it, this game means exactly diddly-squat for us. Can't be arsed to check the rules of this silly competition but would I be right in assuming that, with victory over us, AFCW can progress into the knock-out phase? If that's correct AFCW will be making some effort to win. My first thought was rest as many players as possible but I'm now in agreement with MisterStubbs, that it offers us a chance, with no pressure, to try some new things out (if it hasn't all been tried with this squad). I'm even mildly attracted to rigsby's more sadistic reasoning.........although to be fully persuaded, I'd have to hear more about these truly shocking stories! :Smile:
Wimbledon win and they can qualify and Orient will be out .!

I think these players who don't want to be here should now be named and shamed, we pay hard earned money to support them, personally I'd like to know who's now taking the P***!!

Back