• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emmanuel Osadebe and Theo Vassell unable to be registered due to EFL Embargo?

If you had to have a bet the reason they have not signed is because of the above. What i can tell you which is fact and not rumour is that certain important people from the accounts department had a meeting with the EFL a couple of days ago.

So you can take the tried and tested route of its all Rons fault. Or you could realise that without the Gillingham and Bury games being cancelled we would probably be OK. Which means if you really want to see a couple of signings then buy your Coventry tickets online today......Especially those that said they would rather see the youths play for the rest of the season even if they lost.

Again yesterday they battled to the end and rather than collapse at 0-2 they did us all proud right to the final whistle. Even Matt Rush in his short time on the pitch chased difficult balls and won us a couple of corners, that certain senior pros gave up on in the last 12 months.
So don't buy your tickets...... ,and it's all your fault that the club can't fund 2 lower league players after jettisining half the team.
Shame on us !

I still don’t buy into this common response from Sol of “I don’t know”. Also, do we really think that both players would’ve travelled to Blackpool and then been on the pitch training after the game if they weren’t about to sign?

The answer is almost certainly no, but it's Sunday morning, there's a bit of a gale outside and folk may be bored. Bored Zoners on a Sunday can produce some very strange posts.

And haven’t they done the equivalent of the coach song, IT was rumoured Theo did a touching rendition of the flower song from Carmen whilst Emmanuel opted for something malancholic from Leonard Cohen

And haven’t they done the equivalent of the coach song, IT was rumoured Theo did a touching rendition of the flower song from Carmen whilst Emmanuel opted for something malancholic from Leonard Cohen
Still waiting for someone to do a bit of early megadeth..

If everyone has read this thread, how are we still getting random speculation? The actual situation has been laid out clearly for all to see. The club are awaiting the outcome of a disciplinary for non payment of wages in December and cannot currently register players. Two players have very obviously been integrated with the squad and as soon as the disciplinary is resolved they will sign.

As ever the communication from Ron has been sudstandard to say the least, definitely publicly and probably also with his staff (including Sol). He should have put his hands up for the December payment error. Even if the finance team may be partly or even fully responsible for whatever error resulted in non-payment of wages in December they report to him and he is accountable for the processes, practices and outcomes of the financial matters of the club. Yes, he would have got stick. That criticism might have helped him improve. Secrecy about things which are in the public domain damages trust, as well as credibility. It could have been just the credibility if he’d been honest. As such, Sol has likely had bugger all steer about how to field Chris Phillips’ questions every five minutes and has honestly replied ‘don’t know’.

I can’t honestly see what there is still to speculate about. The disciplinary will be resolved one way or another - hopefully this week - and the two lads will sign. Ron will also probably have learned nothing, just like all the other times.

If you had to have a bet the reason they have not signed is because of the above. What i can tell you which is fact and not rumour is that certain important people from the accounts department had a meeting with the EFL a couple of days ago.

So you can take the tried and tested route of its all Rons fault. Or you could realise that without the Gillingham and Bury games being cancelled we would probably be OK. Which means if you really want to see a couple of signings then buy your Coventry tickets online today......Especially those that said they would rather see the youths play for the rest of the season even if they lost.

Again yesterday they battled to the end and rather than collapse at 0-2 they did us all proud right to the final whistle. Even Matt Rush in his short time on the pitch chased difficult balls and won us a couple of corners, that certain senior pros gave up on in the last 12 months.

Blaming fans for a lack of money. Bold stance

If everyone has read this thread, how are we still getting random speculation? The actual situation has been laid out clearly for all to see. The club are awaiting the outcome of a disciplinary for non payment of wages in December and cannot currently register players. Two players have very obviously been integrated with the squad and as soon as the disciplinary is resolved they will sign.

As ever the communication from Ron has been sudstandard to say the least, definitely publicly and probably also with his staff (including Sol). He should have put his hands up for the December payment error. Even if the finance team may be partly or even fully responsible for whatever error resulted in non-payment of wages in December they report to him and he is accountable for the processes, practices and outcomes of the financial matters of the club. Yes, he would have got stick. That criticism might have helped him improve. Secrecy about things which are in the public domain damages trust, as well as credibility. It could have been just the credibility if he’d been honest. As such, Sol has likely had bugger all steer about how to field Chris Phillips’ questions every five minutes and has honestly replied ‘don’t know’.

I can’t honestly see what there is still to speculate about. The disciplinary will be resolved one way or another - hopefully this week - and the two lads will sign. Ron will also probably have learned nothing, just like all the other times.

Spot on. Great post as well.

Interesting that Ron fires the groundsman for not getting a pitch playable but the Head of Finance gets away with not modelling that the payroll can’t be met until it’s too late.

It's been clear for ages that keeping the fans informed has been at the bottom of Ron's list of priorities. What I find annoying is that it's also at the bottom of the EFL's list of priorities too. Yes they announced they were taking disciplinary action but didn't spell out the immediate consequences. Every transfer window we have pages of speculation about whether or not we're under a transfer embargo. I don't know what the reason is for the league not publishing a list of clubs under sanctions such as this. Is it a case of "It's for us to know and you to wonder"? My view is that players, agents, clubs, businesses etc considering doing business with SUFC have a right to have that information readily available … and it would keep us happy too.
As for Sol saying he's perplexed, I'd guess the contacts have been signed and that Ron assured him that the disciplinary would be resolved in time for the two players to play at Blackpool. Sol either didn't know what had gone wrong or more likely didn't think it was up to him to say what had gone wrong.

Blaming fans for a lack of money. Bold stance
Yes.
Also a bit of a stretch that without a couple of postponements/cancellation we would probably be OK.
I mean we have known for months we wouldn't be playing Bury and it's hardly unforeseen to have a postponement in January for any number of reasons.

I feel it extremely unlikely that our important members of the accounts department genuinely believe our financial situation is 'probably OK'.

So go ahead, buy your Coventry tickets and you can feel so much less guilty about causing the clusterf@@k Mr Martin is presiding over.

So, to summarise, there are a few in the know that, for genuine reasons, cannot reveal all. For the most part we have a lot of fans that know nothing but feel that the pony they spend on a match day ticket entitles them to full boardroom disclosures. I get the concern and even the angst but, as with any business, if you want it your way then buy the company.

For as long as I have been a supporter, over forty years, I have been told by numerous fans that the end of the club is nigh. If it happens they will be sure to say they told me so but forget the previous forty plus years where they were wrong. I sometimes think they want it to happen to give some inferred validation to their empty claims.

I don't know how much dosh RM does or doesn't have. I have no idea if we are signing players or paying wages. As much as I may care about those things they are none of my business.

What do I know? Well, RM has tried hard to keep us going and constantly backed managers when it would have been easier to wipe his hands of the whole affair. I know the team appears to be playing better of late and that the huge clear out of players appears nothing less than a positive. I know we have a talented bunch of youngsters and a manager that seems to be getting a good time out of them.

If we sign the Macc Men then all well and good. If not then we go forward regardless and I will be supporting the team throughout.

its ok for Bolton to not play games .its also ok for Macclesfield to not only pay there players also have there ground deemed unsafe for a match .But have there penaltys drag on and on .But our club was late paying the players once and until the issue is sorted we cant bring in two players who want to play for us .Stink of double standards .

Ron needs to be 'sudstandard'. It's not like him to hang out his dirty laundry!:Winking2:

The only people we’re in advanced talks with are the EFL disciplinary committee. I don’t suppose two of them fancy a job in the finance department?

Back